Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121957 times)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2005, 20:27:58 pm »
OH ADRIA!!!!!!!  I am so sorry.  I usually try to reply to everyone here and in a timely manner, but Clair is right, I am in 90 different directions this week!!!  We have an offer on the property, FINALLY!!!!!   I dont' know for how much, but we will know tomorrow!!!!  I will try to post by the end of the weekend.

As to your question, Adria......I feed Cait 2-3 tablespoons of Rice cereal with bananas mixed in at night, to ensure that she sleeps through the night.  I fed her some yesterday for breakfast, and she really liked that.  It was a good thing too, because she was so tired last night, and we got home past her bedtime that I didn't feed her cereal, but she slept last night all the way through till 7:25.  Oh.....I take that back, I fixed her another bottle between 9-10 pm because she woke up, but I think she was cold, because I hadn't put her sleepy jammies on.   :roll:   Talk about a creature of routine!!!!   So keep posting....we are all here for you.  I enjoy talking to all of you, I just get busy sometimes.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2005, 22:02:20 pm »
BJ, crossing fingers, legs, and toes for you that your offer is a good one.  :wink:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2005, 03:03:21 am »
Hey Adria - just a thought on the "gassiness" - I read somewhere that putting a rectal thermeter with some vaseline or jelly on it  with sometimes help them release the gas easier..... don't know if it really works or not. But I read it in a book at the store today and thought of you.......
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2005, 16:00:41 pm »
Thanks.  I tried keeping him upright on my shoulder for 15 min after each feed last night but he still woke up 1.5 hours later crying.  I don't know what's wrong.  He will burp and sometimes let some gas and then he is fine.  I wish the doctor would help me!! :?
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2005, 17:10:01 pm »
Another thought Adria - are you breastfeeding?
If yes - is there anything in your diet that he could be reacting to? Dairy is a big one that he may be intolerant or allergic to. Maybe try elimating something there and see if it helps. Caeden gets a little more gassy for me when I have drunk carbonated stuff, soda or something. Not enough to stop me from induling every now and then, but I have noticed it.
Check LaLeche League or Kellymom's websites to see other foods that he could be reacting to.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2005, 21:36:06 pm »
Wow, I just found this thread.   So happy to meet so many other moms in the exact same situation.  Hello to you all and hats off to all of you for doing the hardest job on earth as I recently found out having just had my first baby.  It's so much better now than it was at the beginning..... but I didn't start EASY until 3.5 weeks ago.

Ennypen:  How much did your babe weigh at birth?  My ds was 7lbs and he is now 15 and the funny thing is, is that he's only 23 inches long.  Not sure what that is in cm.  I think it's completely normal that he weighs that much.  My thoughts on my son is that he's very active and strong so I put some of the weight down as muscle and not just baby chub.  But I could just be a delusional mother.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2005, 15:44:30 pm »
Hi daisymelon!
Glad to have you.  Actually I think my first 6 weeks where the easiest.  Mind you the most confusing and learning experience but he had a routine that we both liked and I could get things done.  Now he is all over the place.  I have triedto get him on EASY for 1.5 months now and nothing has worked.  He just has so many sleeping issues.
My son was 7# 7 and now is over 15# and all his friends this age are 12# and 13#.  I just figure he is going to be a big guy which is okay with me (I'm 5'1).

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2005, 15:55:59 pm »
Quote from: daisymelan
Ennypen:  How much did your babe weigh at birth?  My ds was 7lbs and he is now 15 and the funny thing is, is that he's only 23 inches long.  Not sure what that is in cm.  I think it's completely normal that he weighs that much.  My thoughts on my son is that he's very active and strong so I put some of the weight down as muscle and not just baby chub.  But I could just be a delusional mother.

Hiya and Welcome xx
William was 7lb 4oz at birth and was 17lb 10z last week so I reckon hes about 18lb now... he is slowing down a bit now and is eating less as he has started sleeping for longer at night. Your baby at 23 inches is about 58.4 cm long - William is about 60cm or so now. I agree after my hours of paranoia that Williams size is totally normal. As other posters have said he is totally in proportion and like your LO he is a very busy little one - into everything and he will spend ages on his mat waving his arms and legs about pretending to run so yes I guess it could be muscle.
Noo your not a delusional mother and nor am I xxx We're just first time mommies and we occasionally think too much for our own good lol.

Adria - nice from hear from you too - reassures me that Im not the only one with a bab like William xx

Hope to talk to you again - if you use msn messenger at all I'm ennypen@hotmail.com if you fancy a chat.

Helen xx

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2005, 01:46:58 am »
OKay question.
I have never done the dream feed and Jency has been going 5.5 hours with out eating at night.  Recently that has been touch and go.  I was trying to get him to go 6 hours and then every 3 so that he would only wake up once before DH had to go to work.  DH gets up at 5:30am to go to work and works 10 hour days outside doing construction.  I would like for him to get as much sleep as possible.  Now Jency is 4 months old (almost) and will be needing to go to a 4 hour EASY.  He doesn't nap good either and we have to battle that as well.  Should I battle the naps and attempt the 4 hour EASY and then try to get a dream feed in or should I try to add a dream feed and then tackle the rest.
He always wakes up at 7:30 no matter what, he goes to bed at 8:30 no matter what. 
I want to go 4 hours for feedings at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm with cereal at 6pm.  any suggestions on what to do from this point?

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2005, 11:36:09 am »
We didn't START the dream feed until Luke was one day shy of turning three months old.  He just didn't take it before then.  You might try it and see what happens.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2005, 13:34:33 pm »
I just want to say again, I love this website and thank you all for this great place to meet up with other moms.

adria:  I've never done a dream feed....  well, I tried to do it a few times, and he still woke a few hours early.  Generally he wakes twice at night to feed.... maybe around 1-2ish and again around 4 or 5.  I figure this is the same amount of times that I would have to wake up if I did do the dream feed.  I can't bear to set my alarm for 11 or 12 pm for a feed.

Seems like there are a lot of big babies out there.  Not just delusional mothers.  lol

Just wanted to share that my lo discovered his hands two nights ago.  DH had to leave the room as he was putting him down for the night because it was so funny to see Owen's little eyes crossed staring at his hands!  Now if only Owen could always find his thumb instead of sticking it up his nose, grabbing his eyes, etc, we would be laughing....

What fun!!

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2005, 14:34:13 pm »
Wow your lo does the same thing Jency was doing.  Then he decided to wake at 11:00 anyway.  Last night DH put the pacifier in and patted him through 20 min of screaming.  Then he went to sleep and slept until 3am!
I'd rather get up at 2 or 3 then at 11 as well.  We go to bed at 9 because DH gets up at 5:30am and works 10 hours.  Jency insists on getting up at 7:30am now and sunday is the time change :cry: !! I don't know what I"m going to do.  He has been eating about 5:30 or 6:00am and then gets up at7:30am and I'm not sure if I should feed him again or wait until he gets hungry. :?

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2005, 14:49:01 pm »
Hi Adria- I think you should begin to transition to the four hour EASY routine and add a dreamfeed. The naps should fall into to place with a little work and with the transition. Whatever you do, try and be consistent. Jake transitioned pretty easy and now eats four times a day (7,11,3, and 7 pm) plus a dreamfeed at 11 pm. In the beginning we weren't consistent with the df and once we stayed with it, the night wakings stopped. I would love to drop the dreamfeed but he doesn't wake at all to eat and hasn't since about 10 weeks old. I figure only a few more months of the df and then we can get rid of it!

My husband also gets up at 5:30 am and works 10 hours construction too! If Jake does happen to wake in the middle of the night, my husband does not get up. I know he needs his sleep. But we do trade off the dreamfeed so some nights I can go to bed when Jake does!

How much does Jency eat during the day? It seems he is eating a lot at night. Have you tried to add more ounces to the daytime bottles (or are you bf?) If you add a df and move to the 4 hour EASY maybe he can begin to go all night. Like I said, Jake has not been fed at night since about 10 weeks old. I just decided he was getting enough during the day and was not waking because of hunger. Once we established the df, he stopped waking to eat. I know all babies can't go all night, but it is possible  :lol:
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline DN

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2005, 13:02:48 pm »
Good Morning,

I have been coming to this website for the past month, but didn't realize there was a "chat" for Mother's of babies born in June/July.  What a great idea:)

My son turned four months on October 18th.  He is on a four hour EASY schedule and naps pretty good during the day (1.5 - 2 hours).  We don't dream feed him - have tired many times - but this wakes him up.  We feed him at 3 - 5 - and 7:30 instead.  We did have him on Rice cereal but he got very constipated (even when he gets apple prune juice everyday).  He has a doctor's appt on Monday so I'm going to see what he suggests.  I have heard that Oat cereal is better as it is a natural laxative.  He's ready to eat it - he loves it!!

Some nights he will sleep through the night and others like last night he's up every hour or two.  He does use a soother - but he doesn't always want it.  I really don't think he's hungry - but I could be wrong.

Lately I am finding him a little more difficult to put down for his naps as well.  I used to be able to  place him in his crib and he was out.  Know it takes him a few minutes of complaining and I usually have to go back in a few times.

Other than that he's a adorable, happy little boy.  He's very active and is learning so much everyday.

I can't wait to take some time to read this whole thread - maybe when baby L is sleeping this afternoon:)

Take care,
dn

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2005, 21:43:15 pm »
Hi all.  Popping over to see what has been going on.  Welcome to the newcomers, Dn, daisymelon.

Well Cait has figured out how to grab her binky, pull it out, and put it back in her mouth, but she hasn't learned that in order for it to STAY in her mouth, she has to LET GO of it.  Yes, needless to say, that is making for a very loud and frustrated little girl.  I think we are about to dump the rice cereal and go to oatmeal w/apples.  I think she will like that much more than the rice.  She has been waking the last two nights at 4 am. :roll:   Both nights, I had to feed her to get her back to sleep.  I dont' need that to become a habit.  Still need to switch her carseat out with the convertible  :oops: , yep.....still haven't done that....and she went to the dr two weeks ago.  what kind of mother am I????

In case you didnt see in the Lounge, we finally sold our property!!! woohoo!!!!  Now if we can just close and exchange money, I will be a very happy camper. 

How is everyone else?  Adria...what did you figure out with Jency?

Has anyone seen my digital camera????  Can't find it anywhere. :cry:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!