Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121961 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #375 on: October 26, 2005, 22:13:22 pm »
Hey BJ, glad the property sold!

Luke had major melt-downs last night.  They were so bad that when I got home from the grocery store (I'd been gone less than 15 minutes) my hubby looked so frazzled I thought something horrible had happened.  I think it's his teeth.

On a happier note, the caretaker at daycare said that Luke did not spit up ONE SINGLE BIT today.  I am floored!!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #376 on: October 26, 2005, 23:14:33 pm »
Hi - just a quick note -

Caeden is doing great with his naps today - napping good lengths, 1+ hours each and without hardly a peep going down too!  :D  :D  :D
Hopefully this will help our night continue to be better...... still up 3 times last night, but better then every 2 hours. His 2nd tooth is just thru the gums now so hopefully it means things will get better. I have been reading Eliz. Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution....anyone else read this or done it?

DH has been home this week - on the internet alot so I feel like I have been missing out around here...... oh well there is also 2AM to catch up! :D

Have a good evening or day wherever you are!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Joey'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 27
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #377 on: October 27, 2005, 00:36:42 am »
Hey everyone, just jumping in to say hi.  Joey is adorable, we tried him in an exersaucer and he loved it!  He puts his arm over the side like he's cruisin' for chicks.  :wink:

Anyway, look at the new avatar!  Isn't he adorable??
Mary Pat

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2005, 03:32:02 am »
Jennifer-  I read the No Cry Sleep Solution and found it to be very similiar to the baby whisperer's methods. We have tried most of her ideas and they work great. The only thing I remember reading that I thought was a little crazy is that a nap less than and hour is not considered a nap! Well, we have had plenty of days where 45 min. was all he would go down for  :) I defiantly consider those naps or atleast catnaps!!!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #379 on: October 27, 2005, 09:38:50 am »
Hi, I found the babywhisperer website few weeks ago, but only now noticed there was a section for babies born June-July. Hope you don't mind me joining :)

I posted a message on the breastfeeding forum this morning, as we are desperate to do some changes. DD wakes up every 1-2 hours and we are really exhaused! Any advice is appreciated... hope some of you have suggestions since our babies are the same age!

I'll just copy my post below as I have no time to re-write it, DD is very fussy last two days (may be teething??) and moaning for attention at the moment. Thank you for reading!!
=====
Hi,

I am not sure if this is a sleep or feeding issue, I posted before regarding trying to put my 3.5 mo on 3 hour EASY and she wasn't happy.

She is now on 2.5 EASY (between 2 and 3 hrs), goes down for a nap on her own, all naps around an hour, sometimes streches the second morning (lunch one) to two hours. Takes good feeds. I also feed her at 5,6 and 7pm, goes to bed at 7.30 (usually very fussy at this time), and recently wakes up screaming again an hour -hour and a half later. So I feed her again.

The night sleep is seriously regressing Sad She used to wake up every 2-2.5 hours to feed, now she is up every hour. Don't think she is hungry, I think its more that she can't settle, and since we are really desperate for sleep I just feed her - she takes very little.

She also has a dummy addiction, she only falls asleep when she is swaddled and with dummy. But she is quite strong recently and gets out of her swaddle, and nothing will calm her down. I tried few nights ago not feeding her, it took 40 min of walking between me and DH, she was shaking with tears at the end and felt if she is going to choke... so I did feed her.

I really don't know where to start from!!! I am terrified of getting rid of the dummy as at least she naps during the day with it. Somebody on the other boards recomended the miracle blanket for swaddling, but she is too big for it.

Please, can anybody tell me I'm n ot alone and what can I do?

PS. I posted this under BF-ing discussion as I remember reading somewhere that sleep is closely linked with food in so small infants.
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #380 on: October 27, 2005, 13:20:33 pm »
Hello All.

Things here have been a bit tense the past 24 hours.  Owen seems to be able to break out of his swaddle and not want to sleep (by swaddle, I mean I just wrap him up like a tootsie roll as I cannot get the swaddle tight enough.  I will maybe have to try harder at the proper swaddle).  There was little sleep last night and he's still not doing well.  I was hoping the explanation would be teething, but I don't see a thing....  so I guess it's just a bad day for him, and consequently, us.

Hi Seaflower:  I'm not an expert, but by feeding every hour before your lo sleeps, maybe ds doesn't need such a cluster feeding.  I know I used to feed my lo every two hours or so, but I just decided it was time to stretch it (around 10 weeks).  He's a big boy and can handle going 3 hours.  It worked for us.  Maybe she wakes up every 1.5 hours cuz that's when she thinks she's supposed to feed....  that's all i can think of.  But I guess it also depends on her size.

Adria:  I would feed him when he wakes for the day.  That's what I do with Owen.  I figure we have a better chance of staying on schedule that way.  Some day they have to figure it out, don't they?  LOL

Hello DN and BJ! 

Hope today is better than last night!

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #381 on: October 27, 2005, 14:26:45 pm »
Seaflower:  I'd try stretching his feedings.  Jency did the same thing a while back.  How old is your lo?  Now he only eats 2 times at night, around 1ish and 4/4:30ish.  But he still wakes up around 11, 3, and 6 and finally up for the day at 7:30.  I don't feed him the other times because I know he isn't hungry.  When the time changes I will not be feeding him at 1 either.  I know he can go until 3am (he did the other night, after waking at 11 and not getting fed).  I always feed him right before bed but not feed-to-sleep.  We are currently trying to do 3.5 hours.  He is not on EASY but he is on his own routine!  YES LADIES HE DID IT!!  It isn't EASY but it is a routine.  YAE!  After the time changes I will start trying to go to 4 hours. Which means he may be eating right before nap but oh well.  Your lo is so use to eating every 2 hours he isn't taking enough at a feeding to last any longer.  Once I held Jency off for 3.5 hours he started eating longer (most of the time).

Oh and Jency figured out how to roll his lips and now that's all he will do! :lol:
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #382 on: October 27, 2005, 14:37:42 pm »
I would agree that longer between feeds may help. I know Caeden feeds better if it has been at least 3 hours though 4 is sometimes a stretch for him. Usually in the evenings he feeds around 5 and 7-7:30 or so. Kinda varies, sometimes he will just feed at 5 and wake again around 8:30-9 and I will feed him then instead of just before bed cause he doesn't feed well tired either.
Last night he went down at 7 and slept till 10, ate, slept till 1 and ate and slept till 5 and ate. I am getting ready to try the no-cry sleep solution cause I am really ready to drop a few night wakings. I am so exhausted in the mornings being up every couple hours.

BTW - when should we be dropping the late afternoon catnap? Caeden has refused to sleep then the last 2 days and he still went down good at 7, should I drop it? He is taking 3-4 other naps thru the day, anywhere from 45-1 1/2 hr long.

Okay - Caeden wants to say hi to all his friends out there - he has been trying to help me this whole time!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #383 on: October 27, 2005, 14:51:48 pm »
Seaflower, I posted on the breastfeeding board. :wink:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #384 on: October 27, 2005, 15:06:13 pm »
I figure that late afternoon cat nap will be dropped when he can drop it.  Luke takes a nap from 4-5:30 and then goes down for the night at 7.  I'd love for him to skip that nap b/c we could do so much stuff with him during that time, but it ain't happenin any time soon.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #385 on: October 27, 2005, 15:26:24 pm »
Thank you so much for replying!! I was so desperate this morning

The reason I havent started streching the feeds is that DD (3.5 mo) starts rubbing her eyes and yawning an hour after waking up, therefore I put her to sleep and she wakes up an hour later. If I strech the times it will be AEASYAEAS... Is that OK?? I tried streching the gap between the feed and going down for nap (fighting her yawns) but she was very upset. She is a good size baby (6.3kg at 3 months).

Also, how do you know if the baby is sleeping too much (therefore not tired enough) or is overstimulated? Are the any cues?

Thanks again, will introduce myself properly later when I get a chance to post again :)
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2005, 15:44:52 pm »
Jodie - I know using a larger blanket to swaddle with helped us as well as double swaddling. I use a light blanket and then a heavier one - he seems to be able to stay in this better as well. It is also cool enough here now to use both blankets without overheating, Not sure where you are if that is an option for you!

BJ - Caeden also took his paci out and put it back in himself the other day, but hasn't done it since, so I guess it was just a fluke :(
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #387 on: October 27, 2005, 15:47:40 pm »
Seaflower - I know for us it is often A between the E's...... cause he won't sleep long enough till the next feed. At this point I am really trying to stay between 3-4 hours between feeds and have at least 5-10 minutes after feeding before sleeping so he is not getting used to "nursing to sleep" - so far this has worked well for us and he is doing good - during the day anyway - nights are another struggle and story!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline DN

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #388 on: October 27, 2005, 18:40:05 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just joined this chat a few days ago and was just taking a few minutes to read the last two pages - WOW I feel somewhat comforted that we are not the only parents up with night wakings.  Sometimes you feel as though you're all alone and doing something to horribly affect your baby. 

I'm thinking that he is teething (but can't see anything) and he is constipated.  This really bothers him.  For the past few days I have given him straight prune/appple juice but this has not helped him out.  We go to the dr's on Monday so maybe he'll have suggestions (although when we have talked before he suggested med's)  I would really rather that his little body learned to do it naturally.

Anyway, can write so much more - but little L just woke up.

Have a great day:)
DN

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2005, 21:19:23 pm »
Caden'smommy:  Jency seems to be the same as caden when it comes to his routine.

Seaflower:  i gave up on trying EASY until he is 6 months and starts to have 3 meals and snacks and needs to have 2-2hour naps.  Right now he does AEASY.  He has for about a month or so.  He just came up with his own routine, which we both like, this last week.
He gets up at 7:30, dress and diaper, E at around 7:45/8, is awake for 2 hours then takes a 30 min nap, then E at around 11:15/11:30, then is awake for 2 hours again, sleeps for 2-3 hours, E at around 2:45/3, stays up for 2 hours, takes a 30-45 min nap, then we give him cereal at 6:00, nurse at the 3.5 hour mark, bath at 7:30, E at 8:00 and bed at 8:30.

We really like this so i don't know what we are going to do with the time change! :(
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08