Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121912 times)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #435 on: November 06, 2005, 17:32:08 pm »
I went through that night before last.  NOTHING made her happy.  I eventually resorted to holding her in the "drink a bottle" position (her, not me  :wink: ) and when that ed her off, I held her in the burp position until she hated that.   When she was tired of that, I went back to the first position.  It is incredibly frustrating when you dont know what exactly is frustrating them.  Good news is that this should only last a short while.  Cait has her moments too, so don't feel as though you are alone.

Does he have  a particular teether that he likes?  Maybe once he is down for nap, you could pop it in the fridge and get cold until he needs it?   I almost bought Cait one of those vibrating kind....but I put it back.  It looked to thick to put in her mouth. :roll:

Where is Dh?  Did I miss that post?  Or am I just being nosy?  :wink:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #436 on: November 06, 2005, 17:34:22 pm »
OH btw...has anyone else noticed if their lo has started paying attention to the TV? 

Ry watches cartoons (Blue, Dora, Diego, Oobi) and Cait will stop what she is doing and just watch.  Kinda scary.......LOL.

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #437 on: November 06, 2005, 17:46:46 pm »
Hubby is at his cousin's wedding and should be home this afternoon.  I am ready!!

The thing with the teethers is that he can't figure out that he can hold them AND put them in his mouth.  The multi-tasking is too much for him.  He had it in his hand earlier and was chewing on his other hand.  Looking back on it, it's funny, but it sure wasn't funny earlier when I was trying to make him happy.  Now he's up from his nap, he's had his fruit and cereal and is watching the Food Network.  I guess he likes all the colors.  He loves to watch Baby Einstein videos, too.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #438 on: November 06, 2005, 19:10:09 pm »
Sorry for the record number of posts today, but, hey...I'm alone and bored!

Ok.  Two hours have passed, and it seems that my Angel Baby is back.  YEA!  He had his bottle, fruit and cereal, and "alone time" in his chair watching the Food Network.  Then I decided that we needed to play with some toys.  The kid has a million toys and hasn't a clue what to do with any of them!  Anyway, I found four little teethers that are PERFECT for an almost-five-month-old hand :shock:  and he went to TOWN.  We played in his bedroom floor for almost an hour!  Then, just like clockwork, it had been two hours, so I put him in his bed, gave him his paci and he was out.  I feel guilty for complaining earlier!

Has anyone noticed if their baby has a preference as to which hand to use yet?  I think Luke is going to be a lefty.  He reaches for everything with his left hand.  It's interesting. 

Here's a new pic.  I love his sweet baby face!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #439 on: November 06, 2005, 20:29:25 pm »
I think ALL babies are left handed to begin with....it is part of brain development that they switch to right handedness.  We went through this with Ryan and have noticed the same thing with Cait.  Of course...this is just my theory.

bj

Brandy-

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #440 on: November 08, 2005, 08:56:41 am »
Hope all babies and moms are fine!

Amystoker, the photo is lovely!:)

DD doesn't know how to put things in her mouth either, she only conciously managed to suck on her fist last few weeks... As for TV, she loves it too, but I'm tryign to keep her away from it. It's only when I really need a break I'd put a program on and sit with her watching it. Happens once a week, so not that bad i guess.

Daisymelan, can't believe Owen is rolling already! Well done, Daniella is still trying to figure it out. She loves her tummy time now (used to hate it few weeks ago!) so somtimes I just keep her across my legs so she has a different view of the world.

I desperately need some advice re. her sleep - she was doign so well, good (at least) 4-hour streches during the night, and now she is up again every hour! It is so hard to resist feeding her to sleep, especially when you are sleep deprived. I feel as all the effort I put so far was wasted!!! :(    She comes out of her swaddle and cries, and refuses to be swaddled, and yet that is the only way she can calm down!

Could it be teething (she is def teething, but could it be ONLY during the night)? Or a growth spirt - she ate for ages last evening (10:30 DF)? Any ideas???
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #441 on: November 08, 2005, 15:06:34 pm »
Sorry I haven't been on for awhile.  I am so behind!

Jency won't watch any of the baby videos when I need a break but he loves to watch Bull Riding with Daddy.  And somethiens he likes hunting shows and every once in a while fishing.  He is a boy after his daddys heart.

Jency has been waking up every 1.5-2 hours again too.  Most of the time he has rolled himself over and that makes him mad.  Ug!!

I've heard that can have sleep problems when they are going through a developmental milestone.  Maybe our babies are learning something new.
OOOOO!!  Maybe Jency will be learning how to roll the other way now!!  I can only pray.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #442 on: November 08, 2005, 15:22:39 pm »
Quote from: *Adria's1st*
Maybe Jency will be learning how to roll the other way now!!  I can only pray.

That's wishful thinking :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I took Daniella to the shops this morning and she didn't sleep, so now is compensating and has been asleep for ages. I can't believe I have to go and wake her up now as she hasn't eaten in 4.5 hours and will probably be up all night hungry.
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #443 on: November 09, 2005, 22:48:15 pm »
It's an exciting time in our forum here.....  teething and rolling.. plus solids for some.  Wowie!!!

Owen loves staring at the TV... doesn't matter what's on.  And also he likes the flames in fire places.

Do any of your babies chuckle?  I can get Owen giggling when i vibrate my fingers under his chin (you know when you try to make their voices sound funny?)  Anyway, it absolutely melts my heart. 

Owen still hasn't figured out how to roll the other way... and I'm not banking that it will be anytime soon.  I have taken to putting a pillow under the blanket (on the floor) beside him so he can't roll... he only rolls to the left.  I feel like a bad mama, but it's annoying for both of us cuz he hates tummy time and throws up if he's on it for too long.

I think someone wrote that their lo rolls and wakes up.  We have to roll up a couple receiving blanets and tuck them tight up against ds.  We have a positioner, but it doesn't seem to work as well as the receiving blankets. 

Also, I don't think it's always them rolling over at night that makes them fussy (or whatever milestone it may be) I just think that they are tired or cranky from trying something new. IMHO  Just how we would be if we started a new job or something.

My posts are alwasy soooo long...  I'm sorry... long winded I guess.

Hugs to all the fine mamas out there.

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #444 on: November 09, 2005, 22:52:46 pm »
I was just about to come on post that I hadn't heard from you guys in a while.

Cait still isnt' rolling over, but she is making some progress.  During the night she will stick her fingers in her mouth and roll onto her side and soothe herself back to sleep.  So, we are 25% the way there.  :wink:

Had to take her to the dr the other day for a slight fever, but nothing worth doing anything about, and the dr said her second tooth is ready to come through.  I swear, I think SHE thinks she is getting a turkey leg at TD dinner.  Boy is she wrong!!!  LOL

Everyone looking forward to the holidays???

bj

Brandy-

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #445 on: November 09, 2005, 23:08:29 pm »
I am SO EXCITED about the holidays.  I miss my family SO much :cry: !
I can't wait to see them again :D !
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #446 on: November 09, 2005, 23:14:19 pm »
BJ, we've been running fever off and on over here since THURSDAY.  Today he was fever free, though.  WHOOPIE!!!  There is some sort of snot-flying virus that is going around here  :wink:   No teeth yet, but the drool....ooooooooooh the drool!  And I can't find his little teethers!  GRRR!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #447 on: November 09, 2005, 23:22:30 pm »
Oh, and here is a picture of BOTH my children.  This is Luke with his big brother, Pete.  Do they look like they're having a serious talk or what?

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2005, 02:16:06 am »
Well Amy, I am glad to see that the "brothers" at least share the same hair color??????   :wink:

LOL

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2005, 14:43:37 pm »
Yes, my first born looks more like his daddy.  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Question everyone....
Lately Luke has been waking up around midnight, then again around 3 or 4 and then again at 5 or 5:30, but we're trying to keep him on a schedule where he has his first morning bottle around 7, so we don't want to feed him much earlier than that.  I know I am a bad bad mama for letting him have the paci, BUT it works.  Problem is, he wakes up in the middle of the night and has lost his paci and gets all freaked out until someone puts it back in and goes right back to sleep.  In fact, it's almost like he never really wakes up, but he cries b/c the paci is gone.  At what point should we just let him "cry it out" and soothe himself?  My argument is that I don't want him to wake up TOO much for fear that he won't go back to sleep.  I think that this weekend we're going to let him cry for a while to see what he'll do, but I don't want to totally disrupt his sleep schedule!

Any advice?

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08