Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121887 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
little heads
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 13:04:07 pm »
I guess it makes them feel like someone's hand is there, or maybe it reminds them of being in the womb with their head pressed up against our pelvis...who knows.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 14:34:15 pm »
Last night sucked butt big time. Avery woke up promptly every 2 1/2 hours.  :evil: Could I have been wrong and she is just now going through a growth spurt??????????? How could she sleep from 10pm til 6am one night to this the next night? Man, I'm tired!   :x
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
:-(
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 14:38:11 pm »
Luke slept through the night for three days in a row at 5 weeks...we thought we were so lucky....it was only for three days.

This too shall pass!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2005, 15:33:31 pm »
Oh how I would love one or 2 nights of sleeping all the way thru! I cannot wait for that day!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
me too
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2005, 19:13:18 pm »
Well, it was only luck because he hasn't done it since.  He's up every night around 2:30 or 3:30.  Last night he let us go until 4:30...after not going down until 12:30

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2005, 19:41:34 pm »
Wow i guess i'm kinda lucky then? Red goes down at 7pm, dreamfeed at 10.30pm and then goes until between 4am-5.30am. What a good chap he is (sometimes!!)
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2005, 20:09:43 pm »
It's not nice to rub it in!!!!!  :P

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2005, 21:09:50 pm »
I'm with you on that one Amy! You keep that kinda news to yourself Clair,  :wink: .
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2005, 21:33:37 pm »
Sorry, not gloating :oops:  :oops:  :wink:  You can read about our other traumas in the Reflux board!! Bloody doctors, i hate the fact that Red is in pain a lot and they seem to want to stand in the way of relieving him of that pain :evil:  :evil:

Another subject completely: how are all you guys doing with post partum weight loss (and i don't need to hear you gloat on this one BJ  :wink:  :wink: ) Anyone else still fat and huge like me??
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2005, 22:01:32 pm »
Me!!  I gained 60lbs...have lost 35 but that was all swelling.  Weight Watchers works, though!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline loliac

• Doing this all over again!
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • I love my little brother!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2005, 22:34:23 pm »
I gained 35 pounds and have about 7 to go. But NOTHING fits right. I had to buy a few new clothes in a bigger size for the summer. And I have decided that JEANS ARE EVIL.  :twisted:
-Lori

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2005, 23:16:01 pm »
I have to go back to work in two weeks and as it is now, looks like I will be going naked...I bet that will scare the snot out of my students!  All of my early maternity clothes are from fall/winter and I'd burn up if I wore them!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2005, 02:22:52 am »
Ok, I am TOTALLY frustrated!!!  My son takes a bottle, he's been on formula solely since he was a week old.  His eating schedule has been very consistent.  In fact, it's been the only consistent thing.  Last week I tried the cluster feed before bed and that was a nightmare, so I didn't try it again.  He likes his routine.  Well, I just don't get it.  He usually eats about five oz every four hours.  He had a six oz bottle at 5:30 (which I was surprised that he took it ALL) and at 9:15 woke up and acted hungry.  I thought,  "Great!  This will hopefully be the last bottle of the night until he wakes up around 3 for another!)  Well, he only took two ounces because he was completely and TOTALLY asleep!  :evil:   I don't get it!   Nothing, and I mean NOTHING wakes him up when he's really asleep, which I suppose should be a good thing, but I really wish he would take the whole feeding.  I don't do the dream feed because it wouldn't work anyway.  Anyone else out there frustrated?  Just when I think I have it all figured out.... :roll:

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2005, 23:59:35 pm »
hey amystoker - I am with you - I too gained about 60 pounds and have about 30-35 to go yet. I cannot fit into any of my pre-pregnancy pants and only a couple of my shirts - mostly sleeveless sweaters and tee-shirts - everything else is too tight across my bust!
I ended up going to Goodwill and found several pairs of pants and capris and a couple tops too - without spending a bunch of money - cause I don't intend to stay this size for long!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2005, 00:59:19 am »
Yeah, I'm with you ladies! With my first I gained 44lbs and it came right off and then some (thank you, God)  :lol:  but this time I gained 33lbs and I still have about 12 left to go almost seven weeks later. What gives?????? I'm refusing to buy new clothes so I'm sweating my butt off (not literally unfortunately) in a couple pair of jeans that fit in 90+ degree weather. It sucks! I did manage to buy a few tops in order to fit the "new" boobs. I'm in a wedding in October and this body better be able to cram itself back into it's ole' size by then :!:  :!:  :!:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05