Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122016 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #690 on: December 15, 2005, 15:11:32 pm »
Tawnya:
 Thus is what my mom told me to do & we do.  mix the cereal with the fruits & veggies.  Thanks for your help on the solids and nursing thing.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #691 on: December 15, 2005, 15:35:53 pm »
How does this look!!  Please let me know what I should change or add or delete or what not!!  THanks!

4:00 Nurse
7:30/7:45 wake
8:00 nurse
8:15 solids (1oz right now) and water
9:15 Start wind down
9:45 sleep
11:15 Up
12:00 nurse (wondering if I should go to 11:30 and then solids at 1)
Want to start solids
1:00 Start wind down
1:30 – 3 Nap
4:00 nurse (wondering if I should go to 3:15 with moving last feed)
5:15 catnap
5:45 wake
5:30/6 Solids (2.5oz) and nurse
7:15/7:30 bath and massage
7:45/8 bottle
8:00 sleep
12:00 Nurse

(still eats 2 full meals at night, it’s fine with me as long as those are the only 2 times he wakes!)
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #692 on: December 15, 2005, 15:49:21 pm »
i did give dd oatmeal before and it went well for a few weeks then she got really, really gassy...my very happy baby girl has one sensitive digestive system.  i am going to the doctor's today (family doctor - not paed) and will see what she says - i have given her the mineral oil twice but she still hasn't had a bm..someone on the site said to try udo's oil which my mom has in the fridge so maybe i should try that and it is probably healthier than the mineral oil...i don't really want to stop solids with her myself i feel like i am confusing her - now u get it - now u don't ya know?!  the paed just really made me feel bad for some reason by saying there is no reason she can't digest cereal if she can digest fruits & veggies - who knows - maybe it's hormones kicking in  :shock:

adria:
i would try offering a bit of milk with solids as that will get more calories in him and hopefully hold off a night feeding...if i do remember correctly u don't pump??...it might help trying it out - (i don't know where u are) but i know here u can rent a pump from the hospital if u don't want to dish out the money for something u aren't sure u r going to use - but it is convenient and helpful...but u have to get a good one or it may hurt!  :wink:
as far as the schedule it look good to me, just remember to follow ur lo's lead and if he's hungry after 3 and a half hrs - feed him - if he's not hungry til after 4 hrs, then wait as he will fill up more the hungrier he is.  at around 5 months my lo decided only to eat until it took the edge off cuz she was soo nosy and i guess gets bored..when i pump and give her a bottle after nursing she always seems to take at least an ounce more which has got to be the reason she started sleeping better through the night - only one wake up now!!!!!!  i'm starting to feel human again!!  another thing u may need to watch, make sure ds isn't taking in too much solids and not leaving enough room for bm...that will give u night wakings as well - really is trial and error though every lo is different!  good luck!  keep us updated!...and by the way congrats on getting down with the routine and getting ds to sleep in crib - what a great accomplishment!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2005, 16:48:16 pm »
Hey all,

lo's going to get up any minute now so I'll be quick.... Jordon won't open up for the cereal.  As soon as I come at him with the spoon, his mouth slams shut and nothing else is getting in.  Any tips on getting him to open sesame?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2005, 17:02:13 pm »
Good luck with the docters! I don't see why she has to start cereal if he isn't ready. Giving them with corn syrup is pointless because wouldn't it just slide right through her so to speak. So she isn't digesting them, just passing them. I know you can take iron supplements. But I am not a docter. So I hope your docter can come up with a better solution. And try to not let the docter make you feel bad. Obviously you know your little girl better that he does!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #695 on: December 15, 2005, 17:33:21 pm »
Anyone else's lo crying out at night?  At first we thought that Luke was waking up, but he's just crying in his sleep.  Kinda makes a mama feel bad!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #696 on: December 15, 2005, 17:35:31 pm »
Caeden seems to be the "runt" of this group -
He checked in at 14 pounds, 5 ounces and 26 inches tall.
I guess he is tall and skinny like his daddy!

Dr said he looks good and healthly and happy and all is well.
Got another set of shots and was fussy overnight and I am hoping it was just the shots and we will get our good nights back soon.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #697 on: December 15, 2005, 17:40:58 pm »
Adria - your schedule looks good to me. I would echo what someone said to try and follow but allow a little room for adjustment.
I know I have had to sdjust mind a little and some day to day as well. It is quite a learning experience here!

Amy - Caeden also cries at night sometimes. I have found that I usually give him about 10 minutes and he is often "back to sleep or quiet" within that time before I go in. It is hard sometimes, but I know it is helping him put himself back to sleep on his own so it is not so bad. He also cries 5-10 minutes at night but that is also getting shorter each night too.

We are feeding 2-3 times a day - rice cereal and banana so far. Will try pears and sweet potatoes in the next week or so.
Has anyone tried any "finger" foods yet - peas or something? What are you doing? We tried peas last week and Caeden just gummed them and then gagged so we stopped but the dr said that some gagging is normal for something new - anyone else experience this?

Okay - I am so behind on Christmas I must go - I have 3 stocking to make still, packages that need to get in todays mail and a very dirty house. Plus all the stuff to wrap for in town...... but I did get cookies made!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #698 on: December 15, 2005, 18:59:34 pm »
I was wondering about Cheerios....But I don't know if Luke could get them in his little fingers.  Might be fun to try!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #699 on: December 15, 2005, 20:36:29 pm »
Amy- Aiden actually cried 2xs last night. Went right back to sleep but I don't think he was really awake. I was proud of him going back to sleep by himself!

Good luck with the finger foods. Seemed so far away but I guess that is right around the corner for us!

Now I am sad. My baby is growing up. :roll:  :cry:
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #700 on: December 15, 2005, 20:54:44 pm »
A friend of mine is actually going through a depression b.c her almost 3 year old isn't a baby anymore. 

We have our shots on Monday, so I will ask the pedi then about stage 2 foods, cheerios, etc.

FYI-I gave Luke a sippy cup the other night to play with when he was sitting in his highchair.  He looked at it and looked at me like "Yeah?  What do you want ME to do with this?"

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #701 on: December 16, 2005, 03:39:44 am »
amy - give him a few tries with the sippy - he may surprise u one of these times!  the family doctor agreed with what u said and said if she likes and can handle fruits and veg's go  - go to town - give her whatever she likes/wants..and if she can't handle cereal so be it!  she said not to feel bad b/c there are moms who just bf for up to the first year and they don't get iron supplements - as someone had said before - if it's not long term don't sweat it!..am a little relieved now...anyway, dd sometimes squeals/moans/whimpers in her sleep and once in awhile lets out a loud wail like she's screaming bloody murder than just goes back to sleep after a min or two of fussing - must be a bad dream or something.

i first started dd on jarred baby food and she took to it really well.  now that i'm settled and totally moved, i started making her some and the first time i introduced it she gagged and her face turned bright red lmao it was funny after i realize she wasn't actually choking!..new textures - a little thicker in consistancy probably threw her off, the next time i gave it to her she loved it tho!  still haven't tried her on any finger foods tho.

jennifer - caedan and alecksandria are pretty much the same weight and exactly the same height - we should both be thankful that we don't have sore backs to complain about!  :wink:

jordan's mom - just keep trying with the cereal but don't by any means force him, just give him a taste and if he doesn't want it try another day...or maybe try another food.  i just got annabel karmel's cookbook for babies and toddlers and they have an awesome meal plan in it...for first foods, seconds and so on..wish i had it from the beginning.

well, finally dd got her shots and she didn't even cry!  just a frown until she snatched the puppet from the nurse then it was all smiles again!  waited 5 hours in the waiting room and another hour to see the doctor once we got inside and somehow she stayed happy the whole time and even napped for 45 min!  she never ceases to amaze me these days....
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Superman'sMom

• Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #702 on: December 16, 2005, 04:02:41 am »
5 hours!!!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #703 on: December 16, 2005, 04:32:10 am »
i know everyone says it's crazy but my family doctor really is awesome - and while i am actually there waiting i'm annoyed but she really is worth the wait..i have been going to her since i was 11 yrs old...and now since the last 5 or 6 yrs apparantly everyone else is going to her as well :roll: before being pregnant and having dd i would usually just go once a yr for a physical, etc.

got a question?  what foods does everyone have to stay away from??  i have a lot of them but dd's absolute worst enemies are chocolate(of course  :cry: ), pop, tea, cauliflour...hmm wonder if i can sneak a piece or two of chocolate now that her gas is under control and hasn't bothered her in awhile... :twisted:
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #704 on: December 16, 2005, 04:32:52 am »
Anyone know why my lilypie won't work??
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005