Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122006 times)

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #705 on: December 16, 2005, 16:03:01 pm »
I must have just read 6 million pages to catch up!! (obviously im prone to exagerate :oops: ) that'll teach me top leave it a week between checking this thread!!!

HORAY thomas actually slept in his own room last night :D  :D  :D  :D  we were putting it off as tom has been waking in the night every hr (hes had a bad cough and blocked nose but i also susspect hes teathing....hes been drooling for about 4 months and chewing his fist, so im sure there must be a toothy peg in their somewhere!!!!) anyway we decided to stop putting it off and just do it. We bought a nursery humidifier as i think the cough may be due to our heating, and he slept much better. Me and DH both went into him once in the night when he started to scream and twice between 6 and 7.30 (weve been naughty until now and got into the habit of bringing him into bed with us when he woke at 6 as we were SO tired :oops:  so i think hes started to expect it!!) He also woke twice and put himself back to sleep :D  :D  :D  :D . I didnt sleep too well as i spent all night missing him and listening out for crying but im sure it will get easyer and i AM glad to get my room back !!

Also plucked up the courage to ask someone from my baby group back for coffie... im quite shy but it gets a bit lonely on your own during the day... it makes me feel friendless!!!! Anyway she was feeling equally friendless, so i felt less like a saddo begging for friends!

Im jellous of all you having 6 month checkups... we had an 8 week one for his first jab and that was it (the next 2 jabs came from the nurse... with no checkup or chance to ask questions) Seeing the health visitor for weighing etc is optional and if i didnt go to my mother and baby group hed probably never get weighed and i would never see a health visitor!!! Anyway i should at least be greatful that he has no more jabs until hes 12 months as he had them all at 8, 12and 16 weeks!

Is anyone elses LOs suddenly eating their solids like crazy. Tom always seems to want more and eats about 5 oz of savory (about a jar full) and then the same of sweet every lunchtime.... and hed eat more if i offered it to him! He also has abot 5 oz at breactfast and 6 oz at tea pluss 4 8 oz bottles a day!!! Maybe its a growth spurt or maybe hes just a hungry boy!
Alison

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #706 on: December 16, 2005, 16:54:15 pm »
Luke has been couging a lot too, and it just dawned on me yesterday that it's from the heater!  We got a new humidifier and it seemed to work very well.

For all those mamas out there who have babies that don't like cereal...my nephew would not TOUCH the stuff and he is healthy as a horse.  He ate jar food like a champ, so my S-I-L just left it alone.  Their primary source of nutrition should be from formula/breast milk anyway, right?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #707 on: December 16, 2005, 17:42:54 pm »
teezee- I can't drink milk (have to drink 6 doller a gallon soymilk), anything with caffeine or eggs. 

Alison congrats on moving him to his own bed. That is an accomplishment!!!!

I too discovered the humidefer! I want to sleep in his room now! My nose keeps getting dried out  in mine.

Question...how much solids are everyone's little ones taking. We just started them and he only eats breakfast now but i am not sur ehow much to give him.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #708 on: December 16, 2005, 18:17:40 pm »
Tawnya - try using one of the other "address" lilliepie gives you - I Know they give you like 3 or 4 and it took me a couple tries before I got the right one.

Yeah for Tom sleeping in his crib!!!!

We are giving Caeden solids mid morning and dinner time - so far he is doing well. Had sweet potatoes for the first time last night and he LOVED them - just kept wanting more and more. Ate like 5-6 tablespoons I think. I haven't been measuring his food, just kinda eyeing it and seeing what he eats.

He also slept GREAT last night - nursed at 10:15 and then slept till 6  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  - I nursed again at 6 and he slept till 8!
Oh - yeah - now if it will just continue!

Okay - gotta go - have a great day all!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #709 on: December 16, 2005, 18:53:35 pm »
We gradually added another "meal" as Luke got hungrier.  If he was getting hungry b/t bottles, we added a jar of food.  Now we're up to B, L, and D and he's doing great.  He was guzzling 10 - 11 oz per bottle and with his reflux, it was a nightmare!  Now he's back to the normal 6-8 oz per bottle with the three meals.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #710 on: December 16, 2005, 21:53:59 pm »
I finally have my DD 6 months stats!

She grew like crazy in the last two months. She is now 17lbs and 7 oz, and is 27" long. Her last visit she was 14 lbs and 24.5 ".  She did okay with the needles.  She cried for a bit but was fine by the time I got her dressed and out of the room.

Glad they are over for 6 MONTHS!!! YEAH.

She is looking like she will be crawling by Christmas. As much as it will be fun to see, I kind of dread her being mobile. I think she is going to be a little s*#t.

She does well with her solids but doesn't eat as much as Tom!  He is a big eater. She has 4 6-7oz bottles a day plus solids at all three meals. She usually  eats 2-4 oz of solids at each meal.  She went through a spurt with the solid food where it seemed like I couldn't fill her but then she would puke a little bit up. I don't think she knows about self control.  Probably got that from me or my husband. We both like our food.

The doctor said we could add spices to her food and if we wanted she could have meat but she said she doesn't have to have any meat if we don't want to even up to a year old. I think I will slowly introduce it because I don't want her to not get to try things.  She tried peaches this morning and really liked them.

Has anyone tried finger foods? Aren't they a little young? I am worried she will choke.  I would love to hear more about this though.

Cheers,
Leslie

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #711 on: December 16, 2005, 22:10:56 pm »
Our dr said not till 8 months, so I am definitely sticking with that.  She just seems so little ( :roll: @ 19 lbs) to be eating finger foods.

Hey, Amy!!  I am starting today with the three meals.  She has been so fussy lately that I am hoping that having a fuller tummy will help her out.  Amazing this morning, she ate her normal amount of cereal, a 6 oz bottle and half a jar of peaches (stage 1) and took a 2 hour nap.  aaaahhhhhh!!!!  Peace in the kingdom.....nothing better!!!!

I am working with her with sitting up....we are making little baby step progress.  Still doesn't like being on her tummy, she rolls right over onto her back.  Anyone else in size 12 mo clothes?

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #712 on: December 16, 2005, 22:14:19 pm »
Yea BJ!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #713 on: December 16, 2005, 23:42:59 pm »
OKay I'm really confused!
Why are you feeding your lo Savory?
Isn't that an herb.  At least that's the only form I've ever seen it in.

Jency did a full week of 2 two hour naps and only waking 3-4 times a night (putting self back to sleep once, feeding twice, and one other time)
But this week he seems to have forgoten it.  He wakes up so happy and ready to meet the world and then I have to do pu/pd and he gets SO mad and then whimpers in his sleep for like 5 min once he goes back down.  But today he only got like 45min of broken naps before 2 pm (out and about) and now he has been asleep for 2.5 hours!!  I had to pat his bottom 2x at the 45 min marks because he started to cry in his sleep, but that is it!  I'm just going to let him sleep a little longer because it was such a big day.

He is scooting ALL over the place and trying so hard to crawl.  He tries but then gets frustrated because he doesn't go anywhere.  He is also trying to sit up.

I got to weigh him yesturday and he is 17# 8 and 26.5" long.  He is only 5.5 months (exactly that day).  He is huge!!!  We are getting a new carseat for his Christmas present this weekend.

Jency really has liked his solids lately but I"m not sure how much to give him.  What are you all giving your lo to eat?  I am giving him the basics but I want to be more creative and saw that some of you are giving papya and stuff.  Cool!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #714 on: December 16, 2005, 23:57:20 pm »
Quote from: LeslieG

Has anyone tried finger foods? Aren't they a little young? I am worried she will choke.  I would love to hear more about this though.

Cheers,
Leslie

I am curious about this too.........
he gagged on the peas the first time we tried that but dr said that it is normal and give him a couple tries and jsut watch him till he gets the hang of it and that it is hard to choke on peas!

We are in 3-6 months clothes mostly with some 6-9 here and there. Moving towards 6-9 but the 3-6 still fit mostly

We too are working on crawling, tries so hard, just hasn't gotten his legs under himself yet.

I think too we may be looking at a new carseat for Christmas...... :D  :D
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #715 on: December 17, 2005, 00:43:55 am »
My LO is in 9/12 month stuff but it is strange. She wears 12 month undershirts and some of her 12 month stuff is smaller than her 9 month stuff. I think it all depends on who made it.

She is in cloth diapers so we usually dress her in bigger stuff to fit around the diaper.

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #716 on: December 17, 2005, 02:12:43 am »
Jake is defiantly in 12 mo. clothes! A few of the 6-9 mo. clothes fit, but not the one piece outfits... they are too short and the buttons always pop open :)
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #717 on: December 17, 2005, 02:55:01 am »
Aiden is in 12 month (sometimes 18!!!!) I really think soembody should redo the sizing on baby clothes. Aiden will be in toddler clothes before I know it!

For everyone that is looking for new carseats I would recomend this one!!! We have used it since he was born and it is so comfy. The straps adjust in the front so depending on whether he is in his coat or whatever I can fix it. Just wanted to throw that out there.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_2/602-2875519-4402269?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0001XKC4K

So how much solids are they eating at one sitting? I have heard that they will stop when they are full but also that you should limit them because they won't. And so they don't fill up on solids and not have enough milk.  \

Aiden is trying to get his legs up under him, so cute. I tried to help him to day and put my hand under him but when I do he straigtens his legs and his whole back end goes up in the air. :roll:  :lol:
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #718 on: December 17, 2005, 03:27:31 am »
Hi everyone.

What a read!! my goodness you mamas have been busy.  We made it to our destination and owen was such a good little camper.

Wow, I feel so alone in the non solid world.  Is there anyone else who isn't giving their lo solids?  I tried once and he didn't like it.... i think i may try again soon.

Also, as far as sizing baby clothes... it's a conspiracy.  They make you think you need a certain size so that you end up buying more of everything!  That's why I buy almost exclusively second hand, unless it is a gift.  Don't mean to cheap out on the little guy, it just seems frivilous.

And I find Owen does take a larger size because of the cloth diapers.  They are just bulkier than the disposables.

Missed you all!
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #719 on: December 17, 2005, 03:33:31 am »
That is not "cheaping" out, that is smart shopping!!!  They grow out of their clothes so darn fast that it is senseless to spend tons of money on clothes they may only wear for a couple of months/weeks at best.

Plus....with all of the introductions of "solids" the clothes aren't looking so "snazzy" if you KWIM.  :roll:   Couldn't find the box with the bibs packed in it...yep yep yep.  No amount of stain remover is going to help these clothes.

Did I tell you that I bought an avacado and some bananas?  I think I am going to try the avacado tomorrow.  If nothing else, I will just turn into guacamole and eat it myself!!  LOL.

Glad your back, daisy.  That's great that Owen did so well, congrats.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!