Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121973 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #750 on: December 20, 2005, 13:18:26 pm »
Thanks for the compliment.  I kinda think he's cute too  :D  Luke's birthday is June 10.  He started on cereal the week before he turned four months, and on veggies about a week and a half after that.  He's really not as chubby as that picture makes him look.  He's actually rather lean, but he's LONG!

OK, it's official.  We need to put the dream feed back in. He's waking up at 11 or 12 hungry.  I know he's hungry b/c when we do the df, he sleeps through, so I know he's not just waking up to wake up.  Anyone else still doing one?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #751 on: December 20, 2005, 15:09:18 pm »
daisymelan- We're going to the Eastern Townships, about an hour east of montreal then to the Ottawa Valley before coming back to the T-dot.  We're expecting decent weather for the drive so I'm hoping for a good drive.

As for the cereal issue, my lo doesn't really like it a whole bunch either, but this morning he ate more than he ever had before so I think he's getting used to it.  I've bought a box of oat cereal to try next.  He's eaten enough so that I know there is no allergic reaction to it, so I may just move on to something else to see if he prefers the other.  I haven't introduced fruits yet, as my dr said to do veg first.  It's a sweet thing, apparently if they get too into the sweeter stuff it can be hard to get them to eat veggies that aren't sweet... whatever.  It's all opinions at this point I think.  That said we are starting peas this weekend.  He really seems into the sweet potatoes.  v. messy.

Amy- We're still doing the dreamfeed.  I never saw a need to take it out, and it's working for us.  I switched him to formula at 5 months and with the dreamfeed (which he wakes up during now, but goes right back to sleep) he sleeps for almost 12 hours.  I'm not messing with a good thing!

Still no teeth here but was pretty crabby yesterday so I keep checking thinking they'll pop in any minute now.  "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...."

Cheers everyone....
BTW, my name is Judy.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #752 on: December 20, 2005, 17:26:18 pm »
What an awful night!  Not sure what's going on, but Owen was up for a couple hours very unhappy...  maybe it's teeth?  Not too sure, but I hope he sleeps better tonight.  It's tough with dh, lo and I all in the same bedroom.  I actually kicked dh out last night in hopes that Owen wouldn't wake, but after two hours of me consoling him, I called on the troops and dh had the magic touch.

Alison.  I'm sure you'll feel much better after your chat.  It may be draining, but it will likely feel good.  I know that I always feel better after talking with my consellor.  Hang in there, it's great that you are seeking out help, even if you think it has passed, it's better to talk and figure it out.

And thanks for the advice amy and Judy.  I know that stuff has been posted earlier, but as we're a little behind in age, I come to everyones problems a month later.  *sigh*

BTW Judy, I love the Bob Marley onesie!  And Luke is definately a cutie!!!

Rebeca,  good stuff on getting away for a night.  BTW, how did the modeling apt go?  I don't remember hearing anymore about it.  Your lo is sure cute.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #753 on: December 20, 2005, 17:40:29 pm »
amy-
thanks for the advice about the cup.  I have never heard of that before.  they have actually faded this morning...its so weird!  i am going to keep an eye on them today and if there is no improvement, call the doctor tonight.

anyone who can help-
last night Brock went from 7:00-3:00 without waking up!  Yipee!  Now if I had only gone ot bed at 7 with him and not waited until 10:00, I would have gotten a normal nights sleep for the first time in 5 months!  But, who wants to go to sleep when the sun is just setting?  this means that he didn't get a df.  he also didn't eat until 7:00 this morning.  this means he went 12 hours without eating!  CRAZY!!

here's my question...are we supposed to wake them for the df or jsut wait for them to wake up hungry?  we have been waiting for him to wake up and sometimes its 10:00, somtimes 10:30, sometimes not until midnight.  last night was great but then he was WIDE awake at 3:00 and it took me FOREVER (an hour and a half) to get him back to sleep.  should i have given him a bottle at 3:00?

thanks,
-christine

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #754 on: December 20, 2005, 17:46:32 pm »
Hi all,

We too have been having some rough nights. DD woke last night at 1:15 and then again at 4ish and then up at 7am. This isn't like her so either it is teeth or a growth spurt. I have tried to up her food during the day but that isn't working so I think it is teeth.  I am soooo tired because I haven't been sleeping at all. I think it has to do with Christmas and thinking a lot about my mom. (She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer this summer)

DD has had more night wakings this week then in a very long time ...

Hope it calms down soon. 

Regarding the red dots...my DD had them too and it was like a heat rash. I think it was because I had her dressed either too warm or because the sleeper she was in wasn't washed first after I bought it.

Leslie

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #755 on: December 20, 2005, 18:31:34 pm »
Im still doing the dream feed aswell, he still eats 8 oz at it so i dont want to quit yet! probably will in jan... hes never very hungry at breactfast so maybe thats why!!

About the dreamfeed... you dont have to wake baby atall, we go in at 10.00pm, lift tom gently out of his cot still asleep and gently put the bottlle in his mouth, he automatically starts sucking and stops when hes had enough. Its meant to be possible while bf aswell, tho i never managed it!

the councillour was actually really useful, i had a few tears about my mum , but overall feel beter for it :) 

anyway toms bath is calling so better go!
Alison

Offline alison toms mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #756 on: December 20, 2005, 18:32:42 pm »
BTW i love all your new pics, imust replace mine... he was only a few months old in that pic! :lol:
Alison

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #757 on: December 20, 2005, 19:14:54 pm »
Oh - I had missed alot not checking i n the last few day......

We do still DF, I usually wait till he wakes up cause we are normally in bed by then anyway.- he typically wakes between 10-12.

We have been doing 2 meals a day but I may try 3 and see what he thinks. So far we have had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, bananas and pears. I have an avacado to try too. We have tried some rice rusks, likes them but usually misses his mouth. And some Gerber finger puff things. Again, he plays more then eats, but I think it is helping him figure out what to do with the food. Any other ideas for finger foods that DON'T have sugar? Both of the above do have a little, though I am okay at this point with it as long he is only has them occassionally.

Oh - Amy - Luke is a cutie - I love the picture - I will try and get a new one up sometime soon too,

Christine - on the rash, I would keep an eye on it, though it may just be a heat rash, it could be food allergy so especially as we are introducing new foods watch how they respond and I have been told that a rash could be a food allergy of some sort.

I often mix his cereal with pears, bananas or sweet potatoes. Since he really like them and the rice cereal is kinda boring...... I figure it helps get some of those calories into him too.

Are you guys making your own food or buying jars? So far I have done some of each but I am hoping to make more after the holidays and I have more free time.

Have a good day!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #758 on: December 20, 2005, 22:04:15 pm »
JARS!  As a working mom, I barely have time to buy the jars let alone make my own  :wink:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline alison toms mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #759 on: December 21, 2005, 06:31:16 am »
Hi im writing this at a ridiculously early hr in the morning as i cant slee (tom can i cant :roll: )

I found out some really sad news yesterday , our friends found out they have lost their baby at their 12 week scan. Were not that close to them, but they are lovely people and i really feel for them.

Also our closest friends found out their baby, withch is due in march may be in danger. Tracy has pregnancy diabeties but they now think she may have an illness that is stoping her liver working and poisoning the baby. She has an apoibntment at the hospital tomorow. I just feel so helpless. Mike and Tracy have been trying to start a family for the past 2 years and had countless fatility tests aswell as early miscarages etc. Tracy finally became pregnantat exactly the time tom was born and her and mike already love the baby so much, i dont know wshat any of us would do if something happened. All i can do is pray for them, which i am doing ,and ask that if any of you are religious you will to. Otherwise please firmly cross your fingers for them.
Alison

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #760 on: December 21, 2005, 13:21:07 pm »
Alison-so sorry for the sad news....I will keep them in mind.

Amy-here here, g/f!!  I will second your notion on barely having time to buy the jars much less MAKE food.  Please....here lately, if it doesn't say chicken nuggets from Tyson and frozen, poor Ryan doesn't eat.  :oops:   However, I did buy that avacado.......yep, sitting on the counter still and now is probably TOO ripe to feed to her.   :roll:   I can't win for losing.

On a more positive note.....I AM DONE WITH XMAS SHOPPING.   :lol:  :D  :shock:  :shock:   I actually bought for everyone I wanted to buy for and I am done done done.  I even wrapped all of Dh's yesterday when we swapped kids and he went shopping for me.  Even though I could have really used a nap...I went ahead and wrapped.  Still hard to believe that xmas is in 4 days.  Where did that time go?

b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #761 on: December 21, 2005, 14:46:30 pm »
Lots of prayers coming Alison....keep us posted.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #762 on: December 21, 2005, 15:13:40 pm »
We put Luke down for his 5:00 cat nap yesterday....he finally woke up at 9!!!!!!! :shock: We changed his diaper and put on his jammies and he was asleep during the bottle.  He woke up at 5 this morning and took a 2 hour nap at 7.  Guess I wore him out.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #763 on: December 21, 2005, 16:17:26 pm »
alison- I'm so sorry to hear about your friends.  Having gone through the hell that is fertility treatment and multiple miscarriages I have some inkling of what they are going through.  My prayers are with them and I hope that everything works out for the friends who are due in March.

I wish I could offer some words of wisdom to pass along, but truth be told, I don't have any.  I'm just thankfull everyday for the gifts that I have been given and pray for strength to cope with whatever the Lord passes my way.

Hugs to you, and your friends.
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #764 on: December 22, 2005, 03:02:30 am »
Alison,
I've been thinking all day about your friends.  Having gone through a miscarriage myself, I know that there is absolutely nothing anyone can say to make them feel better.  The only thing that I found any kind of solace in was that it was God's way of taking care of a baby that would not have done well in this world.  I know that I will have another child in heaven when I get there....I also thought of it as my mom getting a grandchild to be with her in heaven as well.

As for your friend with gestational diabetes, we live in a world with amazing medical techinques and I just know in my heart that they will be able to help her!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08