Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121945 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #765 on: December 22, 2005, 03:54:24 am »
cookies, presents and family - oh my!  it just hasn't stopped around here it seems. 
  dd now has both teeth fully erupted and it seems her bottom eye teeth aren't too far behind - a break for xmas woulda been nice but at least she's getting it over with.  i guess it's true that reflux gets worse with teething...dd had another 'spell' and threw up for a day - had to give her pedialyte cuz she couldn't keep anything down - poor lo - i feel soo bad when she gets sick like that.  :(

amy - still doing the df here!  actually stopped for about a week to see if it made a difference and it sure did!  she started waking eratically at all hours of the night looking for food.  :shock:  i am proof that the df can be done with bfing!  it was hard to get her to do it but with anything she got the hang of it.  took a lot of time tho (about a good 3 wks) and she wouldn't always latch and i would then resort to ebm in a bottle.  now i just get her in position and tickle her lip and she opens like a little birdie :wink: !

alison - your friends are all in my prayers!!  what horrible things to go through...and makes it even worse when it's right around the holidays and u are supposed to be celebrating  :?  i am sure everything will work out the way it is supposed to - i do believe that everything happens for a reason, although we may not always understand it or agree with it.  what a wonderful way to look at things amy 
Quote (selected)
I also thought of it as my mom getting a grandchild to be with her in heaven as well.

well this house has been a zoo so i don't know if i will be able to get around to chatting with all of you before boxing day so everyone have a wonderful christmas...keep safe and enjoy those wonderful families of yours!!  make sure your lo's first christmas is memorable!!! :D  :D  :D
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #766 on: December 22, 2005, 03:58:27 am »
oh just one more thing ... for those of you suffering from night wakings - i have discovered that dd sometimes wakes in the night because she has a dry mouth.  i have a humidifier/vaporizer in the room but it is still very dry (if u have any suggestions to solve this it would be appreciated!) and dd wakes and won't take soother unless it is dipped in water or i give her a couple sucks of a bottle with water in it...my mouth is dry too as is my nose - just a thought - see ya!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #767 on: December 22, 2005, 10:17:29 am »
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for my friends. Tracy is being closly monitored and will be spending 3 mornings a week at the hospital. Shes also taking tablets to try and remove the poison from her and the babies body. They are going to try to bring her to term but deliver early (she is currently 28 weeks pregnant) if things get dangerous for baby. Its stressfull for them , but at least the doctors are watching closely and god willing her baby will be ok.

As far as christmas goes weve finally finished wrapping all our pressys, especially good as our livingroom has been full of carrier bags of them since last week (i was trying to do a few whenever tom was playing happily alone, but in the end we had to have a pressesnt wrapping marraton last night ... we have such a big family it took two of us a solid 3 hrs!!) DH is currently downstairs wrapping my pressent (s!!) so im in exile!!! :D

Hope you all have a great chistmas if i dont log on again before then!
Alison

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #768 on: December 22, 2005, 14:13:24 pm »
I am currently in the office at home and I told dh to hide my presents in the office closet.  And he did.  But I AM going to be good and not peek :D   It takes a lot of self control, but I figure at 33 I really need to behave or I have no right to fuss at the children when THEY peek.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #769 on: December 22, 2005, 15:01:45 pm »
DH and I exchanged presents last night because I just have this "thing" about us having Christmas together in OUR house before we go out of town this afternoon.  We're driving 6 hours today to San Antonio before we go the rest of the way to Houston tomorrow.  That leg will be shorter (3 hours) so I will try to time it during Luke's afternoon nap.  Hopefully he'll sleep most of the way through.  DH is driving back by himself on Monday and Luke and I will fly back Wednesday.  I don't know if I will be able to check in, so all of you have a wonderful holiday.  I hope God blesses each of you with special memories!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #770 on: December 22, 2005, 15:51:29 pm »
Sorry I haven't been on for so long.  I am caught up on all the posts but alot of it didn't register because I was reading so fast.  Well jency had a good week as you know and then went down hill after that week.  He still will take a long afternoon nap but not morning and because of that he is having to take a evening nap which in return messes up the night.  He actually had a few nights that he only woke twice (every 4 hours) to eat.  It was so wonderful.  but this week he has been up 4 times a night again.  I'm not sure what it is.  He also decided that he wants to eat ever  3  hours again.  Well, actually what happened was that he went through his growth spurt and I wasn't making enough milk so he was eating every 3 hours and still getting mad.  We added lunch so now we do 3 meals.  But now he wants to continue snacking every 3 hours and when I try to go 4 hours he still will only snack but then he drains me twice a night.  Last night at his 8pm feeding he drained both sides and was still crying but finally drifted off but then woke at 11 (which is usually 12) and drained both sides and was crying so we gave him a 2 oz bottle and he almost drained that as well.  But then he slept until 3am, but then was up at 6am and it took me 45min to get him back down and then he slept till 7:30 (which is normal).  He has been waking around 6/6:30 for two days now I don't know what's up.  But since we have the holidays coming and then going out of town for new years we decided to just let everything happen and just deal with it until January.  Then we are going to get him to go 6 hours at night with only one feeding and then eating every 4 hours during the day with 3 meals and two long naps.  Hope we get it sorted out.
He is creeping every where and loves shiny wrapping paper.  He loves to play by himself which makes mommy sad.  he is trying to crawl but not there yet and he sits for a few minutes but it squishes his belly and he doesn't like that.
Well, sorry that is so long. 
I want to say that I understand what you all are going through with the night wakings, we've been doing it for 4 months now!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #771 on: December 22, 2005, 16:31:11 pm »
Oh ya.  I'm thinking about weening him at 9 months.  I am really tired of not knowing how much he's getting and if I should be nursing at night and so on and so forth.  He has started taking a bottle when he drains me and 1-2oz at other times (until he realizes it's not me).  We are working on getting him used to a bottle.

I can't remember who posted the thing about being thirsty but I think you may be right.  When Jency woke at 6 this morning his cry was kinda flemmy, kinda like you get when you have a dry throat.  Maybe I'll jsut set a bottle of water in there for him when he wakes at those times that I won't feed him. 

Anyway, do I have support here with the weaning him early thing?  I don't seem to get support on the Breastfeeding forums or from my BF support group or my friends (who are all bf, some are a year old now). 
I think my mom will be okay with it because both me and my sis weened our selves at 9 months, but she lives 300 miles away :( .  My mil I"m not sure about she bf 6 kids and co slept with 4 of them until they were 2.  I'm not sure when she weened them.

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #772 on: December 22, 2005, 17:26:59 pm »
My SIL weaned at 6 months b/c she just wasn't making enough.  Nephew did fine.

I was not able to bf for more than a week, so I am a huge supporter of formula...seein' as how my kid is happy and healthy on it  :wink:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #773 on: December 22, 2005, 18:02:03 pm »
While I can understand the desire to bfeed all the way through to a year and beyond, you can't look to what other people did with their children to measure against what you do with yours.  I bf'd up to five months and after a solid month of thrush and cracked and painfull nipples, I decided that my lo had had a great start and switched him to formula. 

It's a personal decision that you shouldn't let anyone else influence, or make you feel guilty about.  Do what feels right for you.

That's my soapbox moment for the day. 

Have a safe and happy Christmas everyone.  I'm going on a road trip for 10 days and won't be near a computer for most of it (sniff, sniff) so I'll see you all in the new year.  (boy I'm gonna miss not being able to chat with you all)!

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #774 on: December 22, 2005, 21:11:47 pm »
Adria- I would say you wean when you are ready. Nine months of bf is a wonderful thing to do for your baby you should feel lucky that you could do it and not guilty about quitting. I wanted to bf sooo bad, but after three weeks my little guy was starving! I am jealous that you even get to wean him :)

I can't believe x-mas is almost here! I am sure we are all going to be flooded with toys and clothes and more toys...!  Actually, I can't wait to get new toys for Jake, he seems bored of the ones he has! We got an early present from my husband's parents... they bought Jake a Radio Flyer rocking horse. It is so cute! It has a safety saddle so he sits up pretty good in it. Won't be too long and he'll be bouncing himself  :lol:

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.... Merry Christmas!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #775 on: December 22, 2005, 21:50:55 pm »
Alison: Your friends are in my thoughts.  What a scary thing to have to go through.

Adria:  Bfing for as long as you have is wonderful.  Feel happy with whatever you choose, remember, you are doing what's best for lo and mama. 

On another note, I have mastitis.  I had to go the hospital today (at my parents so no gp) and it's confirmed.  So now I'm on antibiotics.  Both the Dr and the pharmacist insisted that it was best even if some does get through to Owen.  The dr said I was lucky I caught it so soon and it should be gone within a couple days.  All I have to say is OUCH!!  It hurts so much.... but owen doesn't seem to mind nursing on it, so I'll just keep it up.

And now for a funny story.  I decided to have a few drinks the other night... what a mistake.  I forgot how low my tolerance was since I have had so little in the past year.  I was so happy to be at my parents and have such a loving dh who was more than happy to babysit both me and owen.  lol   Luckily owen takes formula now cuz I could'nt have even thought of sitting up for more than a few minutes until very late into the day.  lol.  I hope this makes some of you laugh.  All i know is that I'm not drinking on NYE anymore.  It makes me laugh!!!  I forgot what a room spinning felt like!  lol

Still enjoying the holiday season.

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #776 on: December 23, 2005, 01:36:56 am »
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

I am really excited for Christmas. So is Aiden as he is suddenly not interested in any of his toys! I've been standing on my head all day trying to keep him busy. Also I had a question. He seems more independent lately. He used to be more clingy and cuddly and now he would rather play by himself.  :cry: . We used to lie down and he would give me kisses and talk to me. Now he just rolls over and starts to try to crawl.  I am sad..he doesn't need Mommy anymore.

Adria do whatever you think is best for your lo. We will support you whatever you choose to do. I hope everything works out!

Jodie- I am sorry to hear about your mastitis!!! I have need had it but I haev had a clogged duct for a couple of days so i cn only imagine!!! Hope it gets better soon. And lucky you will a night off....not quite a Mom's night out but closer than I have had! What a lovely dh!

I wanted to say something else but it escapes me now.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #777 on: December 23, 2005, 03:27:47 am »
Chelsea:  Jency has been the same way!  He all of a sudden decided to never give me kisses anymore and when I try to play with him he just ignores me and wants his toys. :(   I jsut posted about this on another forum.  I am so sad and feel like he hates being with me.  He would rather play with the dogs all day!!

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #778 on: December 23, 2005, 12:10:16 pm »
Have a great Christmas everyone. I won't be online for a while.  I am sure I will miss reading about everyone but it will be fun to get caught up after Christmas and see some Christmas pictures.

Regarding the weaning...I know how you feel and you are right it is hard to not feel guilty or concerned with what other's think BUT you have done soooo well BF'ing for this long and your LO will be just fine.  I had very mixed feelings when my DD decided that she wanted a bottle instead of me and my milk supply greatly diminished.  My sister is an Emerg. Pediatrician and she BF her kids until they were almost two. I felt pretty guilty when DD stopped around 5.5 months but it happened and she is doing just fine. If I have a second baby I will know better and will try to BF for longer. 

Hope everyone has a healthy and safe Christmas.

Leslie

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #779 on: December 23, 2005, 20:37:01 pm »
Adria- Well since our lo have the same temperment maybe it is just a devlopmental stage or something. Still makes me sad!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005