Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121915 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #780 on: December 24, 2005, 02:21:25 am »
UUUGGH!  The six hour trip last night didn't go so well.  I just knew that Luke would sleep the whole time.  NOT!  He started screaming about three hours into the trip and I thought we were going to have to stay in a hotel.  Well, he finally made it.  Today I could tell he did NOT want to get back in the car.  Thank goodness we're flying back!

Luke still likes to play with me.  In fact, he'd much rather play with one of us than with his toys.  He LOVE laughing at our dog and belly laughs when his daddy starts to try to sing opera style.  I actually am a singer, and he listens to me when I sing, but the higher I get, the more he will smile, and on a really big high note, he'll crack up like I am Eddie Murphy or something!

Jodie,  so sorry about the mastitis.  When two of my girlfriends had it, they swore by the heating pad.  It was on their ta-tas 24-7  :wink: I wasn't able to nurse for more than a week.  I had a big baby that wasn't so patient, and my doctor says that I was the most severe case of engorgement he'd ever seen.  So, if it's anything like that, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!

Two more days!  Merry Christmas everyone  :D
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #781 on: December 24, 2005, 03:10:11 am »
Amy-glad you guys made it safely.

Jodie-really sorry to hear about mastitis.  Not 100% sure what that is, but like Amy if it is anything like engorgement, my heart goes out to you.

Adria-High five for b/f for as long as you have.  I personally did not do it, nor do I have any desire to do it.   :roll:   Just not something that appealled to me, but kudos to you that did it and stuck with it.

As for everyone else...I am here at home till about 10 am Sunday morning, so Merry Christmas to all that check in and if anyone wants to chat...I will probably be off and on all day tomorrow.  (Hoping not to go ANYWHERE tomorrow except for xmas eve service.)

Happy Holidays!!!

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #782 on: December 24, 2005, 03:26:33 am »
Sorry to hear of your struggles Amy, glad to hear you made it safely.

Owen still plays happily with toys and anyone and everyone.  I think I will be sad when he becomes totally independant.  But as I mentioned before, he happily plays for up to a half hour on his own.

BJ:  Mastitis is an infection in the breast.  Basically, it turned red in parts and hurt in those parts really bad, especially to the touch.  But because I caught it early, it's all gone now, but I have to take the antibiotics for another 9 days.   :(   I had engorgement at the beginning, but it only lasted for 12 hours and didn't really hurt...  more made me laugh looking at the size of them.  lol  (maybe it did hurt, but everything seems to be a bit of a blur in the first few weeks of Owen's life)

So I think there is a reason for the sleep problems.  I have found teeth!  Two of them, the upper front ones.  They aren't through or even close to it, but I can see them.  His poor hand was pruned from being in his mouth so much today.  Poor guy.  I gave him a frozen face cloth, but he doesn't know really what to do with it.  I saw them a few days ago, but I didn't think they were teeth cuz they're so big, but my mom confirmed it.

I thought they got their bottom ones first?

Nice to see some mamas are still catching up over the holiday season.

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #783 on: December 24, 2005, 03:42:06 am »
Alecks has finally got the hang of sitting up..and rolling EVERYWHERE to get what she wants; almost a crawl but not quite, more of a pull and wiggle  :D
  Most commonly (from what i hear) lo's are supposed to get the front bottom teeth first but sometimes they pop out in a different order than the 'norm'.  Alecks has her bottom two and are working on the eye teeth from what i can see.  i had a younger cousin who got his four eye teeth before any of the others - looked like dracula for the longest time!   :lol:
  dd has also decided she doesn't want to bf anymore (only a few minutes) and also has been refusing the bottle, the only way i can get her to take more than two ounces of bm is by giving it to her in a straw cup...then she slurps it back like she's absolutely starving!..which isn't great for the gas situation, but at least she's getting her calories and sleeping better at night  8)
  Hope everyone has their christmas shopping done, i would hate to have to go out tomorrow, ugh!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #784 on: December 24, 2005, 03:51:58 am »
forgot to mention: Adria - love the new pics!!!!!!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #785 on: December 24, 2005, 04:13:21 am »
Thanks Teezee!

My mom told me that I got my front fang teeth first and looked like a vampire forever.  So those are the teeth I am watching for with Jency.  They say that teething is inherited.  I got mine in my 6th month.  So far Jency doesn't have any and I'm not sure if he's even close.  I'll have my mom check tomorrow. 

BJ:  I may check on sometime tomorrow as well!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #786 on: December 24, 2005, 14:18:40 pm »
Cait has her bottom two front.  Dh and i have each seen the top two, but they have "sucked" back in.  So I know they are coming, but she seems to be very laid back about it.  She has been sleeping real well at night lately and naps are even getting just the tiny bit easier.  I have given her a "lovey" and yesterday it definitely did the trick.  I am going to find out where my friend got it so that I may buy a second one. 

I do not plan to go into any stores today except for Home Depot and that is only for 2 sheets of plywood so that a friend can cut them down so that we can "rig" a desk in this room we call an office.  :roll:  It is not pretty.

Oh....and I have been working with Cait on sitting up on her own.  Doing a great job of it.  It isn't the front/back we have an issue with, it is her toppling over on her side.  :roll:   Humpty Dumpty, anyone??

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #787 on: December 24, 2005, 23:02:59 pm »
Just thought your lo might want to see where Santa is RIGHT NOW!

http://www.noradsanta.org/index.php

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #788 on: December 26, 2005, 17:35:42 pm »
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.  We sure did.  It's amazing how having a little one around puts everyone in a merry spirit!

So now I have found two more teeth on the top.  So my poor little one is dealing with 4 teeth!  ouchie!!  He's in pretty good temperment though.  I don't think any are close to breaking through, just enough to annoy him.  Why can't he figure out how a teething ring works?  Geez.... lol

Oh ya, and he's figured out how to inch....  backward.  haha  He sees something he wants and lifts himself up to get it and then finds himself inches away rather than closer.  Darn they are cute!

Owen sits pretty well on his own.  But you never know when he's going to topple to try and reach for a new toy.

Also, we had our first "real" bm.  It was gross so my mom cleaned his bum.  haha...  she thought it was cute!  haha  It must be the new cereal...  rice and oats.  He likes it much more than just the oats.

One question, I have seen this posted by ppl before but I've never asked.  What is a lovey?

Clueless in Canada,
Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #789 on: December 26, 2005, 19:51:31 pm »
Hi All!

So far we have survived our first Christmas..... It's not over yet.  We are staying at my sister's house and she has 4 lo's, oh my gosh, what a busy house!?  I don't know how she does it. 

The last few days have been pretty good with the nights going okay, but because we've been on the move from one place to another, the naps are completely out of whack.  He sleeps in the car when we are in transit but then once we arrive he won't resettle.  Everything is too new, not comfortable enough to sleep. So it's been a little bit stressfull for me.

No new teeth yet but I can see the whites in the gums so they must be coming along soon. Tried lo on green beans today, he seems to like them, and oat cereal a couple of days ago and he definately prefers that to the rice cereal. 

I hope everyone else has had a peaceful and safe Chrsitmas.  Get lots of rest, new year's is coming!

Cheers,
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #790 on: December 26, 2005, 21:06:35 pm »
That was the best Christmas ever! It was so much fun watching Aiden with his new toys. He was so excited! He was even standing up and playing with his activity table. He was so wound up he hardly napped but last night he slept for 12 hours....UNITERRUPTED!!! It was nice but I woke up a bunch... :roll: .

Aiden had his first "real" poop...I thought it was funny. Actually easier to clean off.

He has gotten some red dry patches on his face. I have been putting some cortisone (?) and lotion or vasiline on and that makes it a littl ebetter but I am not sure what it is. Maybe ecsama, or is it a food allergy? I gave it sweet peas recently. Anybody else have this?
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #791 on: December 26, 2005, 22:51:37 pm »
Luke gets those dry patches.  We find that Aquaphor works the best.  It's also what I put on his diaper area to prevent diaper rash.  I use it with every diaper.  So far so good.  My husband uses it on his dry, cracked hands and it makes them soft within a couple of days.

This Christmas has been great, but I don't plan on traveling for another Christmas for a long, long time.  I wanted so badly to be in MY house.  I did get a few comments that torked me, about how I just need to let him stay up later more often so he can get used to it.  Well, I don't WANT him to get used to it!  I like that I have a baby who goes to bed at 6:30 and sleeps for 12 hours!  I like that I have a baby who will take two naps that are 1 1/2 - 2 hours long!  That is why he's such a happy, smiley boy!

Sorry...I'll get off the soap box  :wink:

Luke got a thing that is like an exersaucer, but the table is in the middle and the chair goes around the table, so it's good for when he's in need of some walking type activity, but it keeps him in one spot so I don't have to worry about him walking out the door or something  :roll:

Y'all enjoy the rest of your week!  Can't wait to hear more details about the Chirstmas festivities!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #792 on: December 26, 2005, 23:37:56 pm »
a lovely is a blanket or pacifier or stuffed animal that they get attached to and have to sleep with or even take with them every where.

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #793 on: December 27, 2005, 18:27:26 pm »
Hi all. Glad to hear you had good christmases! :D  We did aswell, athough tom didnt finish opening all his oressents till lunchtime boxingday!!!! I have never spent the whole day opening pressents before. We are going to have to build an extension to fit in all the flashy, noisy toys from his auntys and uncles! My MIL is still buying... she cant resist the jan sales :?

Its really nice of everyone, but makes me feel a bit sad as the presents we picked so carefully, with so much love are now just a small number of toys in a great big pile!!

Anyway enough of being ungreatful!!! :oops:  Hope you all enjoy the rest of the holidays :D
Alison

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #794 on: December 28, 2005, 20:00:38 pm »
I love your new picture!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005