Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121930 times)

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #795 on: December 29, 2005, 07:33:46 am »
thanks! he was only 2 months old in last one so thought i should change it! :oops:

cant get pic less fuzzy tho!
Alison

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #796 on: December 29, 2005, 12:49:42 pm »
Hi everyone,

We too had a great Christmas.  DD was great and we have a tooth coming through. Question...she is getting too big for her infant car seat, does anyone really like their new car seat?  We have a small car and need to keep size in mind. 

Thanks!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #797 on: December 29, 2005, 12:56:12 pm »
LOVE the Britax Roundabout. And we only have a Mitsubishi Galant and it fits fine. A bit snug but will be better when it turns forward facing. Also very safe and comfy and has two recline positions. Highly recommend.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #798 on: December 29, 2005, 14:51:18 pm »
BJ - how are you liking your plywood desk? I have one too!  :wink:
Just till DH gets around to making us a real one - I am getting tired of catching myself on the edge though!

On the carseat question - we just went to a new seat from the carry one last week. I would go to the store and check the sizes, most stores will let you carry it out and check their floor sample in the car for size and fit.

Caeden just has the bottom 2 teeth, thought he was teething a couple weeks ago but nothing came thru. He got them at 4 months.

We too have been using Aqupher on Caeden's cheeks - working great. Dr also said we could use some cortizone cream as they were really chapped. that helped us clear them up and now I am using the Aqupher and it is helping keep it clear.
We use Vaseline, sotre brand on his butt and so far has been no diaper rash!

And yes - we have moved to "real" poop too! Smells more but usually easier to clean!

Love all new pictures too!
 :D  :D
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #799 on: December 29, 2005, 17:23:13 pm »
We have an Evenflo carseat.  If you go back a few pages, you'll see it.  We like it a lot.  My husband has a Honda Accord, and since we're both tall, we have both seats all the way back and it fits just fine.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #800 on: December 29, 2005, 21:25:55 pm »
Well, I thought it was time for me to post again.
Our Christmas waas hectic and not spectacularly great.
We still have a Christmas to go to over New Years (5 hours driving trip).  Jency just got a new carseat for Christmas and it is a Safety1st.  It's kinda big though.  We have to move it to a side seat because if it's in the middle I can't see out the back or my blind spot.  I am a shorty.
STill no teeth.  Jency got a 3 foot pony that's as big as his dogs (stuffed pony) from the neighbor. The dog was afraid of it but Jency likes to chew on the reigns.  I HATE his toys!  my FIL&MIL got him tons of noisy toys that don't shut off!!!!  He loves them of course!
My mom got me and him a Lamb Chop Bible STory DVD with some lamb chop bowls.  And she got my DH and Jency matching wrangler black jeans.  It's too cute!
I think he has started with seperation anxiety and night mares.  Yesturday and the past 2 nights have been horrible.  He wakes up screaming at night and nothing calms him but his paci, to nurse, or a light being turned on.  Yesturday he would not take a nap in his crib and screamed everytime I put him down and it took 2 hours to get him to sleep in the swing.  If I left the room he would start screaming there too.  Finally I laid down on the couch and he went to sleep in the swing.  Today has been a lot better but I've had to go back to rocking him to groggy and we had just gotten to putting down awake :( .  I don't know why he is so scared.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #801 on: December 29, 2005, 22:55:13 pm »
Jency might be experiencing OVERLOAD.  I know Luke is.  He screams and screams when he gets tired now.  That just started while we were gone.  For two days I had to go in and hold him so that he would go to sleep.  Finally this afternoon nap he was able to cry for a second and then he was out.  I think they just get so overloaded with all the people wanting to hold them and play with them.  My in-laws are due to arrive in about an hour and I HOPE they will listen to me when I tell them that he needs to play by himself for a while while they babysit tomorrow.  My MIL has to be two inches from Luke's face at all times.  What's up with that?

I need to be nice.  I am praying that God will give me patience and remind me that they wouldn't act that way if they didn't love him.  It's just hard when you work so hard to have all your hard work un-done.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #802 on: December 30, 2005, 01:42:12 am »
I started using the Aquapher (?) and it is working great. Thanks!

Adria- does your lo have reflux? From you last few posts it seems like he does.  That is how Aiden is when we need to up his meds. And the crying after eating too. Just a though. It is also probably all the excitement of the past week. In fact my Mom was over tonight and was talking and carrying on during his bedtime windown and by the end he was crying and I had to tell her, not so nicely either, that it was time to go. I sat with him in his room for 20 and held him and he calmed down.  Hope it gets better.

We also have the Evenflo and we love it! I think I posted a link somewhere on this thread...

Oh yeah I did call my Mom and apoligize...it just urks me that she just doesn't get anything about him. I thought she would understand that yelling from the next room "How do you work this computer, I can't get it to connect" and "guess what I found on ebay" isn't very calming. Or that me ignoring her and shutting his down means shut up! GRRR...ok I feel better. Nice vent.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #803 on: December 30, 2005, 19:03:02 pm »
Hi everyone, wow.....haven't posted on this board in a long time. I have tried to keep up but have missed a few pages from here to there. It's so nice to read about other babies the same age as Avery.

Speaking of Avery she is doing much better with her milk allergy. We did have to take her to see a pediatric GI (she was still getting blood in her stool) but all testing came back normal and we are to resume as usual until she is one year old.

We started solids around 6 months and she is progressing nicely but slowly. Right when we started she got her first tooth followed by a pretty miserable cold which left her without an appitite for almost a week. The last two days she's been eating again and we have proceeded on to Oatmeal and bananas. So far so good and her tummy seems to be alright with it.

Just noticed her second bottom tooth popped out today so hopefully the "boogies" will stop running down her face for a couple days at least. :roll:

Her last appt about 3 weeks ago she was at 17lbs 3ozs and 25 1/4 tall. So she's still my little ball. :lol:  :lol:

Okay, off for now. So nice to read about all your lo's.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #804 on: December 31, 2005, 00:49:11 am »
Glad you're back Kayna!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #805 on: December 31, 2005, 03:17:20 am »
hello, ladies!

i just logged onto the chat room and noticed that the March/April thread had there own chat area and it seemed like a regularly scheduled chat time.  :)

i was just curious if there was a regularly scheduled chat time for us June/July mommies to meet?

thanks!
-christine

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #806 on: December 31, 2005, 03:27:00 am »
on another more depressing note...

am i the only mom out there that is too tired to even think about doing anything exciting for New Years?  i would just love to be at home snuggled on the couch with my dh, ds,  a cup of hot choc., and a good movie, praying to make it up for midnight.  i am not even 30 yet and its times like these that make me feel really old  :(!!!!!!!  is it weird that i'm so boring?

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #807 on: December 31, 2005, 09:26:39 am »
No you're deffinetly not the only one wondering if they will make it through to midnight tonight! :oops:

We're pretty lucky as we're going to our friends (mike and Tracy) for the night tonight, so we will be able to feel we've "done" something and yet still have a nice chilled evening. With Tracy being pregnant and spending every 3rd day at the hospital she is also pretty tired so i may not be the only one struggling to reach midnight!!

Anyway hope everyone has a good new year, speak to you in 2006!!!! :D
Alison

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #808 on: December 31, 2005, 16:17:25 pm »
Quote from: mrshamilton24
am i the only mom out there that is too tired to even think about doing anything exciting for New Years?

I gotta work but for the first time in my life it doesn't even bother me to be passing up New Year's Eve Parties. :roll:

PS: Thanks Amy.  :wink:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #809 on: December 31, 2005, 17:14:01 pm »
Hi guys - we are doing good here. I had thought we would have a quier week at home, but it turned out busier then I had anticipated.
We ended up buying an artifical tree - on clearance - $300 normally, marked down to $75 - and then she threw in an ornament and little nativity set we were buying, so it ended up under $50.00 - not bad.
Caeden is trying so hard to get onto his knees and get somewhere. It won't be long.
He is eating 2-3 meals a day and hasn't slowed down on the nursing at all. Still at 3 hours apart if we are home and 4 if we are out. He has decided though he doesn't really care for the rice ceral now that he has had other foods and likes them better. I got some oatmeal ceral - maybe that will go over better. I usually do a little bit of ceral and then something else on the bit so it has more flavor.

We aren't doing anything for new's years this evening - may stay up and watch movies - if we make it to midnight!
My family is all coming over for dinner tomorrow though.......so I really need to go clean out the dining room which has become a "catch all" - and move it all to the office - the other "catch all" - and mop and vacuum.

ALISON - how is Tracy doing? and the LO?

CHRISTINE - I don't think we have any set chat time - The best time for me is usually mid morning (US-Mountain time) - on a weekday, maybe Wed or Fri? How about anyone else?

ADRIA - what toys did Jency get that you don't like? Just curious - we have some rather noisy ones and was wondering if we had any the same!

Okay - I best go -
(((((((HUGS)))))))))) to all and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011