Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121936 times)

Offline charleesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hey Mommies
« Reply #810 on: December 31, 2005, 20:44:46 pm »
Hello other mommies.
Well I am new to this forum.
Just noticed a June / July forum of its own.
I have a DD who is 6 months 2 weeks and 1 day old.
She is just the sweetest most wonderful thing in our lives now days.
But of course like any mom I am sitting at home day after day wondering what life is going on around me. 
I work from home so that I can be with my DD but it is all work and no play for me.
So, finding these forums have been AMAZING.
Would love to chat more with other mommies going through the same issues at the same times.
Do you all have a regular chat time???
Charlee's Mom :)
http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Baby Pic" border="0Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #811 on: December 31, 2005, 21:40:03 pm »
Welcome Charlee's mom!
We don't have a regular chat time, but we're all on here so much that it seems like a chat room.  Wouldn't the rest of you agree?  If more than an hour goes by without a post, I feel like I need to check on everyone  :wink:

Well, we had planned to go spend New Year's Eve with some friends and get the teenager who lives across the street to babysit (first time with a babysitter under the age of 30  :oops: ) but Luke has had a temp of 101 since yesterday afternoon.  Our doctor is going to meet us at the office in an hour to see if it's his ears.  Poor little guy :cry:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #812 on: December 31, 2005, 22:03:53 pm »
Welcome, charlee's mom!  I am also fairly new to this thread, I just joined in early December.  :)  It has been wonderful for me as well.  Everyone is great about giving advice or just letting you "vent."

I recently asked the same question about the chat time and several people responded but not many...people are probably out of town for the holiday or busy getting their own houses prepared for tonights celebrations.  I am a full time teacher so I wouldn't be able to chat online until after 4:00pm (U.S.-pacific time) during the week, but the weekends are usually completely open for me.

By the way- I LOVE the name Charlee for a girl.  It was one of my top pics for a girl but unfortunately my dh wasn't too fond of it  :(.  Its a good thing we had a boy, huh?  :)

Amy- I really hope Luke feels better.  Brock just got over a terrible chest cold and I can't think of much worse than a sick baby :(

Hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years.  Talk to you all next year  :wink:

-Christine

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #813 on: December 31, 2005, 22:25:49 pm »
Hi Charlee's mom - welcome - it sounds like your little one is really close in age to Caeden - He was born June 11 - how about Charlee? Luke and Avery are June 10 -I think there are a couple more real close too......

More later - gotta go - just jumped on to say hi!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #814 on: January 01, 2006, 00:40:45 am »
weeeeeeeeeeell, I was right.  Ear infection and a big blister on his throat.  Poor little dude!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #815 on: January 01, 2006, 01:13:03 am »
Hi all....anyone remember me?   :wink:   what it's been like 2 weeks since I posted?  good grief.

Christmas was  a long but good day.  Both kids made out like bandits as usual.  Dh and I got some cool stuff too.  I actually got what I asked for...a scanner/copier/fax machine.  Woohoo!!!  Now I can scan my pics and shrink them down  to the frame sizes I have.  Very excited.  Of course...haven't hooked it up yet, only so much can go on the plywood desk!!!  :wink:

Yes, Amy....feeling your pain, sorry to hear about Luke.  He and Cait can be sick buddies.  She was diagnosed this morning with an upper resp. infection.  :roll:   Needless to say, I am LESS than thrilled.  My heart just breaks for these little ppl, they dont' understand why they feel so crummy.  Poor thing is coughing in her sleep now.  :roll:  :cry:

New Year's will probably be spent in this mess of an office.  And I imagine it will be  a long night with her highness, so I might as well stay close by.

Welcome Charlee's Mom..always nice to have a new member jump on board.

Christine-glad to hear that Brock is feeling better.

Kayna-sorry you have to work tonight.  Are you off tomorrow?

Adria-how is Jency doing?  And I too hate those LOUD toys.  Nothing like getting Cait off to sleep, to have a life like sounding FIRE truck go off in the room next to her.  nnniiicccceeeeee........ :evil: 

But I bet all of the Grandmas spelled their grandchildren's name correctly.  My mother INSISTS on spelling Cait's name K-A-T-E.  :roll:   That is all I am saying on the subject. 

Chelsea-isn't it annoying when you really have your routine down and then someone just blows it all to heck?  So sorry to hear about your mom....they just don't get it do they?  Hope everything is back on track.

Jennifer-make sure your "catch all" plywood desk doesn't sag.   :lol:   Ours is looking extremely dispondent.

Okay...so there is my book to catch up on.  OH, Cait also has her two top teeth coming in.  I think they are both "seeable" now, but she feels so puny I am not about to jack her jaw open to peer inside.

Happy 2006 everyone!!!!!!!

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #816 on: January 01, 2006, 01:29:47 am »
Hi everyone. Welcome new mommies! Chat time hmm...I couldn't do it until after 7 here but we are all in diffrent time zones so I am not sure how we could work that out.

Sorry about the sick lo....terrible! I hope everyone feels better soon! It is New Years an i am eatting Chinese food talking with you lovely ladies. No party hoppin for me :lol:  :roll: .

Aiden got loads of bright loud flashy toys but i don't mind them so much...he loves them so much it is worth it. As long as I don't trip on them at night and set them all off!

Actually my Grandma can't seem to spell Aiden's name either. It's not that I havn't told her! And told her....and told her. :roll:  :evil:

Well Aiden has hit his 6 month growth spurt and his reflux is acting up. I have upped his medicine so I hope it kicks in fast! Poor guy. Did anyone else start a 3rd meal now? Just thinking about it.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #817 on: January 01, 2006, 01:50:15 am »
We've been on our three meals for almost a month now.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #818 on: January 01, 2006, 02:40:49 am »
Isn't Luke a month older than Aiden?
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #819 on: January 01, 2006, 04:28:41 am »
Yes.  He was born June 10.

We added the third meal when he was MAD hungry before it was time for his next bottle.  He also woke up a few nights hungry, so we added more calories.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #820 on: January 01, 2006, 05:45:56 am »
Hello, again!

One of my best friends just had a baby this month (December).  Does anyone know if there is a thread anywhere for moms with babies this new.  He was also a premie..are there any threads/forums for moms of premies?

Thanks,
Christine

Offline Superman'sMom

• Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #821 on: January 01, 2006, 14:24:57 pm »
I haven't seen any but I am sure she could start one. I think she would have to pm a moderater.

Luke and Aiden are exactly a month apart, Aiden was born July 10! Funny.

I think I will try to add a 3rd meal and I am trying to up his daytime calories but my milk is being slow. He was only getting up maybe once a night but for two nights now it has been every 3-4 hours :shock:
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Superman'sMom

• Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #822 on: January 01, 2006, 14:26:59 pm »
Wait I just scrolled down and somebody just started a NOV/DEC 05 thread!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #823 on: January 01, 2006, 14:49:57 pm »
OMG, BJ!  Cait is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #824 on: January 01, 2006, 16:57:06 pm »
YEAH - she is a cutie BJ!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)