Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121966 times)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #825 on: January 01, 2006, 17:15:16 pm »
awww...you guys are so sweet!!!  But...I will agree with you!!!! :lol:  :lol:

How do you like all of that duck fuzz glowing in the sunlight on her head?  Her daddy says that right now he and she have the same hairstyle complete with the bald spot in the back!!  LMAO!!! :wink:

So I meant to post last night...when we took Cait to the dr yesterday for this infection...they weighed her and she gained a pound and an ounce in 2 freakin' weeks.  I won't be able to carry her by the time she is one!!!  Oh, you will all be relieved to know that we FINALLY put her in the real carseat.  But man, what pain in the butt.  I am only 5'3 and I have a F150 and to haul 20 lbs up and over the arms of the carseat to strap her in.  Well....lets just say we are NOT graceful whatsoever.  Poor Cait probably wonders what the heck I keep doing to her.  :oops:  :roll:

Oh...and for New Year's dinner we are having a Southern Mexican Chinese feast.  I hate beans, but they aren't to bad if you hide them in the cornbread with lots of butter(thats the southern part).  I love guacamole(thats the Mexican part), so that is for me and Cait, and in order to get our cabbage....I bought eggrolls, and for "dinner" dh is having General Tso's Chicken, I am having S&S Chicken and also bought some Chicken fried rice(the Chinese Part).   LOL....hope the food police doesn't come over today!!!!  LOL

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #826 on: January 01, 2006, 17:56:34 pm »
BJ, must be something about the birthday because Luke gained a pound too!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #827 on: January 01, 2006, 19:06:59 pm »
Happy 2006!! :D

Hope everyone had a good new year in the end, and your poor LOs felt a bit better.

We had a nice evening at mike and tracys. Tracy is feeling a lot better, they have given her tablets to counteract the alcili (sorry my dislexia brings out my bad spelling... :oops: ) in her system, and although she will need to be closly monitored they are hoping the baby (who is a real wriggler) will go to term. The condition shes got (cant remember the name) causes cronic itching,  and thats getting better, so the tablets are obviously helping :D . Aparently Tracy only realised the itching could be a sign of something more serious when she went on baby centre (another baby site a bit like this) and someone told her about the condition she has! Its quite rare, so she may not have caught it so early if she hadn't been told. Just goes to prove how valuble the advice of other mums (and mums to be) can be doesn't it ? I also apriciate the support i get on this site, and especially everyones thoughts and prayers when we were so worried about what may happen... so thanks!
Alison

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #828 on: January 01, 2006, 19:22:20 pm »
thanks Chelsea!  I see the thread also, now.   :)  I will be sure to let my friend know ASAP so she can get some advice/support.

Happy 2006, everyone!!!  :lol:

-Christine

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #829 on: January 02, 2006, 00:18:46 am »
I had to post this picture of Luke.  You can really see his chompers!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #830 on: January 02, 2006, 01:27:38 am »
Too cute!!!  He has such a great smile!

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #831 on: January 02, 2006, 01:42:33 am »
thanks

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #832 on: January 02, 2006, 02:16:44 am »
He is a cutie pie! Looks like such a big boy! And Cait is such a sweetie pie! She has got so much more hair than Aiden!

I am also so grateful for all the help and support I get from this site.  It has helped me tremndously!

How was your crazy dinner? I had General Tso chicken last night and it was good!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #833 on: January 02, 2006, 02:54:50 am »
I had too many things to cook at one time and had to put the eggrolls and the cornbread in the oven at the same time.  Had three burners going at once and the microwave.  Other then that, It went well, we all ate and Ryan actually ate the beans without complaint, but wasn't too hip on the eggroll.  :roll:   Better yet, since moving into the house, doing dishes is such a snap since it all goes in the dishwasher.  :D

REALLY REALLY REALLY dreading going back to work tomorrow.....I think I am going to take off early.   :twisted:  :shock:  :wink:

bj

Brandy-

Offline mrshamilton24

• Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #834 on: January 02, 2006, 04:04:33 am »
Amy- Luke is the cutest!!!!!!!!!  You would never know he was sick!  Such an infectious smile!!!  :)

I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies could offer some advice about how to deal with poops in the middle of the night  :(  Lately, Brock has been deciding to wait to poop until about 11:30 or even later.  Everytime I change him right then, he is wide awake and impossible to get back to sleep.  But...I feel like if I don't change him, I am a bad mom letting him lye in his own poop fo rthe rest of the night not to mention that i don't know how soundly he would be able to sleep with poops.  :(  Did that make sense?

Any advice?  Anyone else had to deal with this before?

Thanks,
Christine

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #835 on: January 02, 2006, 09:42:42 am »
Well, it's 3:30 am and I am checking my e-mails.  Luke just woke up screaming bloody murder b/c of his ear (I think).  Thank goodness for those numbing ear drops!  They worked quickly.

Christine, thanks for the compliment.  They only way we knew anything was wrong with Luke was that he had the 101 temp.  Even with the temp he still laughed and smiled.  The doctor was even amazed at how good natured he was with throat blisters and an ear infection.  As for the poops, the only thing I know to tell you is to just change him and then walk out.  Eventually he'll figure out that it is sleepy time and not play time.  Luke went through that a few months ago.  We'd change him and it was like he was thinking, "OH BOY!  PAAAARTY TIME!"

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #836 on: January 02, 2006, 09:56:18 am »
Yep, i agree with amy about the poo. Tom does the same thing, and sometimes his nappy gets so wet in the night it leaks and he has to have his clothes changed aswell :( . I did try not changing him once :oops: but he woke up grizzling every 30 mins or so until i changed him... so it didnt work :( . Now i change him in the dark, and sometimes even keep him in his bad to change him if thenappys just wet not dirty(hes pretty good at not doing litle boy fountains!! ) Its also become a lot easier to change him with less disturbence since hes stopped wearing baby grows and moved into pj's (also vvv cute!!)

Amy, bet you're feeling shattered, we keep getting woken up by piercing shrieks at the moment, due to teething, and its a unpleasent way to wake!!  Isn't it also horrid when your lo is in pain, it makes you feel so helpless.... glad you have some eardrops that work so well :)
Alison

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #837 on: January 02, 2006, 13:33:29 pm »
Well, it is 7:30 and Luke is STILL sleeping.  I wonder what time he'll wake up.  Too bad I have to go to work for a couple of hours.  It's just for a half-day since the kids don't start back until tomorrow, but it sure would be nice to just stay here!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #838 on: January 02, 2006, 15:27:27 pm »
thanks. ladies for the advice.  :)  It always helps to hear advice from people who have previously gone through the same situation!

alison- is that your first name?  sorry, if not  :(  when Brock was soaking through his diaper and his p.j.'s during the night, we started double diapering him with a size 4 overnight diaper for toddlers.  It looks rediculous because his real diaper isze is a 2 and then he has a size 4 diaper over his size 2 that goes up to his nipples :)!!!  But...it stopped the soaking through problem.

amy- i am so sorry to hear about Luke :(  does he still eat well with the soars in his mouth?  I completely undertand how you feel about working.  I am a teacher and so I have had the last 2 weeks off to be with brock and now i have ot go back tomorrow  :(  It is so bitter sweet, being able to have so much time off with him but then having to go back full time.

Cross your fingers for a poopy free night, tonight!   :wink:

-Christine

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #839 on: January 02, 2006, 15:46:33 pm »
So we are back on our own stomping grounds.  Happy to be home, but so sad to leave my parents home.... so sad.

Welcome to the new mom on the board.

I'm up for chatting... I'm a stay at home mom, so whenever works best, I'm sure I'll be able to make it.

We let owen stay in the same diaper all night.  We have done so since he was about 2 months old.  He rarely has a rash, but we use cloth, so maybe that's the difference.  We also double or triple up at night.  He sleeps right through it and always has. I couldn't imagine waking him more at night to change his nappy. 

I think we have a teenager... he doest'n want to go to bed at night adn he wants to sleep in, in the morning.  lol

He sits real well now and has been doing this thing where he sticks out his tongue and blows..... he gets spit all over his face and he does it all the time!  so so cute.

Happy everyone is doing well.

Lotsa hugs to all,
Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)