Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121928 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #840 on: January 02, 2006, 16:45:09 pm »
Well - Caeden had his first fever last night. Only got too 100.9 but he was pretty fussy and all he wanted to do was nurse. He was up like 6 times between 6 and 11:30 - then he seemed better and slept till 4 but was up a 6:15. He seems better this morning. Not sure what it was but am hoping that was it.

Caeden too has found his tongue. So cute - sticks it out all the time and is forever chewing on it.

On the night diapers - we use disposables and haven't had any problems with rash or anything at all. And he is pretty good about not pooping till morning. Though he often has alot of gas at 4 - I often wodner if that is what is waking him up then.

Amy - is Luke feeling feeling better?

BJ - your stove sounds like ours....... we has a roast in the oven, soup, potatoes and veggies on the burners, sourkraut in the crockpots......
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #841 on: January 02, 2006, 16:54:51 pm »
I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have such a happy baby.  The only way we knew he was sick was the fever....and the two nights where he woke up screaming his brains out at 4 am.  I think last night he got cold.  I am going to have to go ahead and get a little heater for his room.  It just scares the hell out of me b/c you hear about so many fires that start that way.  Surely there's one that will just blow hot air, right?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #842 on: January 02, 2006, 19:40:43 pm »
Instead of a space heater have you considered using a blanket bag or something similar? We dress our DD in a cotton sleeper and then put her in a fleece blanket bag (like a baby sleeping bag). It helps a lot. Her fingers get chilled but it doesn't wake her up and her body is warm.

We too are VERY lucky to have a happy baby who sleeps really well.  I hope all of the babies (and moms) who are feeling under the weather feel better soon!

Hang in there as best you can.  I have to get surgery tomorrow on my gums. I am NOT looking forward to it at all but luckily my husband is off work for the next few days to help with our DD.  At least I will get a bit of a break from doing all the feedings and diaper changes but not really the type of break anyone wants to have.

Ciao,
Leslie

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #843 on: January 02, 2006, 22:49:52 pm »
Leslie - hope your sugery goes well, I will be thinking of you.

Amy - we too use a blanket bag and it works well for us. Should be good for you in Texas, the only downside for me is when it gets really cold, cause his arms and hands aren't covered. But, I think I have found a good temp for his room and have been able to maintain that and it helps.
They have then at babies R Us for $20 but I found some similar (off brand, but looked identical) at Burlington's baby depot for $10.00.

Oh and that pic of Luke is TOO cute!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #844 on: January 02, 2006, 23:20:57 pm »
Thanks for the tips.  He usually sleeps in a fleece sleeper and last night he was in a knit one.  That didn't help the situation any.  I'll look into the sleep sacks.  I have read some of your other posts about them, so I just might have to give them a try.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #845 on: January 02, 2006, 23:58:36 pm »
Hey All!

We have finally returned to our home, and boy am I glad.  It's so nice to be in our own space with our own stuff.  the in-laws were pretty good about closing off the house and only smoking in one section of it, but it meant that we were secluded to the dining room for 3 days, and it was too cold for walks so I was pretty bored.  So was ds.   He's been teething for the last few days and it looks like one of his bottom teeth is just barely sticking out right now.... should be fully in by morning I hope! 

He's also babbling away today, they almost sound like words.... He's getting so big I almost can't believe it.

I have a question about naps.   How many do your lo's take during the day?  Jordon's having 3  and I'm thinking I should be reducing it to two longer ones but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.  right now they are 2 2hour naps and one 1 hour nap.  Any hints?

Hope all of the sick babies are feeling better and that everyone had a good holiday.   Gotta go get ready for bathtime.

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #846 on: January 03, 2006, 00:11:58 am »
We live in an old drafty house and luckily our DD's room seems to be the warmest because it is sandwiched between our room and our spare bedroom but so far the sleep sack has worked great. My mom bought her one for Christmas that zips up and it is double lined.  I want one!

Regarding napping,  Abbi usually has two naps ranging 1 or 1.5 to 2 hours.  Depending on when her 2nd nap happens, I may try  to let her have a half hour or 45 min cat nap if I don't think she will last until 7pm.  If she has her second nap at around 1:30 or 2 then she can usually last until 7pm.  I just kind of read her signs.

I have a bottle/BF question. Has anyone gone down to 3 bottles/BF per day?  Or is everyone still doing 4 or more?  Just curious.  Our DD is getting pretty good with a sippy cup with water and I am wondering if maybe giving her formula in it for lunch would be a good idea or if I just stick to the bottle.... Just curious.

One more night of having good food and then it is soup for at least a week. uggggh....

Leslie

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #847 on: January 03, 2006, 00:29:55 am »
Well we kinda had our first trip the ER with Cait.  Dh promptly looked at all of the nasty sick ppl and said, No, we are NOT taking her in there.  I had to agree.  The poor lass is so sick and EVERY available number I had to call was off on holiday.  To make things worse, the 1-800 nurse line that is supposed to be on call.....yeah, after being on hold for a while, I finally decided to hit the button to "leave a message" for them to call my back.  Only to discover, that I can't leave a message because the mailbox is FULL!!!!   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

The medicine that the "minor emergency" dr perscribed her on Saturday we think is what was causing her face to swell drastically.  She had only had 6.5 oz since midnight LAST night, up until I went and bought some pedialight and she finally took 3 oz of that and 4oz of formula.  It is going to be a long night. Going to the dr FIRST thing in the morning and they WILL see us!  :evil:

Not the happiest mommy in the world right now.  How is everyone else?

Amy-glad to hear that Luke is feeling better~~~~~~send the vibes our way, would ya?

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #848 on: January 03, 2006, 01:02:01 am »
Grrr, guess I need to join in with you all. Went to Avery's ped. today and found out she has a double ear infection and sinus infection.  :shock:  Seriously, can't wait to be back to normal around here. Between the teeth, a  nasty cold and now this, I can't even remember what normal was. :roll:

Good luck to all those mommy's with sick kids. Too bad we don't get paid for this. :roll: We'd all be rich.  :D
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #849 on: January 03, 2006, 01:08:07 am »
bj- Hugs...that is awful. I hope everything gets better...soon! That is so awful. Too bad that message machine is full or I would leave a bunch of  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  on it!

More healthy vibes to everyone poor lo's! Please send me some mommy milk vibes. We have hit the growth spurt and my milk hasn't caught up yet!

Judy-Welcome back. Aiden takes 2-3 naps. If the first two are good and long we can make till 7 but if they are 45 minutes like they have been all week we have a cat nap as well. I would say just read your ds.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #850 on: January 03, 2006, 02:22:46 am »
Luke has just gone to two long naps, and sometimes a little cat nap around 4 or 5.  He goes to bed for the night at 6:45 or 7, so if he skips that cat nap he's ready around 6:15.

BJ, OMG!  Kiss that sweet swollen face!  I hate that you all couldn't see someone.  Is she any better?  Please update ASAP to let us know how the poor little thing is.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #851 on: January 03, 2006, 02:58:16 am »
Judy- My ds takes two naps of 1.5-2 hrs. and a catnap of 45 min. I wouldn't reduce them unless he is beginning to sleep less at night or starts to reduce them himself. I wish my little one didn't have to take the catnap, but he just can't seem to make it to bedtime without it!

Leslie- I have also been thinking of dropping a bottle and going to three a day. We have just recently added lunch in and now are doing three meals a day. I would like to give him his formula is his sippy cup with lunch but when he drinks water from it, he doesn't take much. I'm worried he won't get enough, but I might just try it out. I think as long as your little one is getting the oz. he needs, it doesn't matter how many bottle/bf you do in a day.

Big hugs to all the sickies out there (and their mommies)... I hope you all are feeling better! :)
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #852 on: January 03, 2006, 17:42:39 pm »
Judy - we are at 2 naps with a catnap only if we are out and he falls asleep in the car, I cannot get him to go down in the crib for this one. He is getting better at over an hour for each of his naps, I can get 2 if we are in the car.

BJ - I hope Avery is feeling better soon.....give her big hugs from me!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #853 on: January 03, 2006, 18:24:16 pm »
Hi Jennifer, Avery is mine but I'll take the well wishes she is sick too (double ear infection and sinus infection). BJ's little one is Cait (course you prolly new that already and just made a goof) :lol: . Well wishes sent from us too for mom and Cait  :wink:.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #854 on: January 03, 2006, 19:22:44 pm »
Thanks guys for all the well wishes.  Well Cait and I ended up in the ER at 11:30 last night.  Dh didnt' think she was going to make it to the dr this morning so off we went.  Only spent 4 hours there and 3.45 hours was actually being seen by the dr and such, so it wasn't real bad.  Plus the ER was real quiet and didn't upset Cait too much.

Unfortunately, her diagnosis wasnt' so great.  Cait has RSV.   :oops:  :oops:  :cry:  :oops:  :oops:  :cry:  :cry:   The good news is that her chest xray came back clear, so she does not have pneumonia, which is what I thought they were going to say she had.  Never in a milliion years did I think it would be RSV.  When we got to the ER, she had a temp of 102.4 and 89% oxygent sat rate.  I think that is why we got seen so quickly.  Anyway, it is viral, so no antibiotics.  She is on a breathing treatment every 4 hours.  It was a very long night.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!