Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121959 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #855 on: January 03, 2006, 19:23:17 pm »
Oops - yep - my mistake! :oops:  :oops:
I hope  :oops: you all are feeling better soon! And keep the sick germs there, we don't  want them here! :wink:
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #856 on: January 03, 2006, 19:25:03 pm »
Oh poor baby Cait- RSV is not fun. Hang in there and get better!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #857 on: January 03, 2006, 20:13:49 pm »
OMG, BJ my heart goes out to you and Cait. Ds has asmtha attacks and I know how scary the lowered oxygen level can be. Good thing you took her in to the ER.

Avery hasn't eaten at all today. The worst yet. She has "surfaced nursed" twice though (sucks but doesn't suck hard enough to get food). Poor baby. :cry: Can't wait for the amoxicillan to kick in.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline charleesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hey mom's
« Reply #858 on: January 03, 2006, 20:27:38 pm »
Okay so after my very first post I have not be on due to travel.  But we are back in town and trying to get our feet back on the ground.

Thank you to all you very kind ladies welcoming me and my LO to this forum.  I cannot read all the way back to when it started but I have gained so much information already.

What a big load taken off to know that other women are going through what I am going through - and at the same time.  Kinda sad to say but it is nice to knwo that I am not the only one suffering out there.   :wink:

I have a few questions and needs for advice is one will...

#1)  Naps:
My DD takes 3 naps a day.  At first it was 2 naps and a cat nap.  But now she has been taking two 1hour naps and then her "catnap" time is turning out to be 2+ hours.  See's as though she is ready for bed at this time - but she still has a few more hours to go before her final feeding and for her bedtime to hit.  I want to extend her morning nap times but even getting her to nap every 2 hours is difficult sometimes because she gets tired after an Hour and a half of being awake.
HELP!!!
Any advice you all could give?

#2)  My husband works from 9:00 am till 6:00 pm every day of the week.  My DD wakes at 6:00 am does her morning routine and is down for her morning nap by 8:00 am - Just when daddy is waking up.  Since we only live 10 minute from his work he gets ready quickly and is gone before her nap is over.  She then goes to bed at 6:00 pm and daddy gets home at 6:15pm.  Some days I extend her day so that they can spend some time together - but I see how this screws up her schedule and she isn't a delight when I mess her up.  I really want DD and DH to have time together but our schedules don't allow it.  We just got back from a week long vacation and they were able to spend a ton of time together and completely fell in love with each other.  I know he would love to have more moments like this last weeks and I know it would be good for her to spend time with her daddy.
Any thoughts how to change her schedule or make this work???

Okay so I will leave it at that for now.

Hope you all are having a wonderful new year so far.  Sorry to hear about all the sick mommies and babies. 
DD has her 6month shots tomorrow. :cry:
Hate those!!!
Don't you just hate when they are sick.  They are so helpless and you feel so helpless. 

:)
Kim
Charlee's Mom :)
http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Baby Pic" border="0Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #859 on: January 03, 2006, 20:39:48 pm »
Just wanted to say that I'm sorry all the babies are sick.  You poor mamas working overtime.  My heart goes out to you all.

Naps here are usually 2 and a catnap.  Of the two, one is usually around an hour or so and the other is usually a good 2 hours.  My issue is that I can't get him to bed earlier than 9.  Like I said in my last post, I think he's already a teenager!  lol  He wakes usually around 9 in the morning, sometimes as late as 10, so I have to wake him up.  arg........

Again, {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}  to all the babes who are hurting.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #860 on: January 03, 2006, 22:45:46 pm »
BJ!  POOR CAIT!  Kiss those sweet cheeks!!

We had to go back to the pedi today b/c we saw the doctor on call on New Year's Eve.  We have a new pediatrician now.  We saw him for the first time today and I LOVE HIM!  Luke now has BOTH ears infected.  He's switched his antibiotic.  Cross your fingers!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #861 on: January 03, 2006, 23:02:13 pm »
Thanks, A.  She seems to be doing a bit better today, but still isnt' eating like I want her too.

Sorry to hear about Luke.  These are the times I wish it were just summer all year long.....oh, but wait...we live in Texas.  :roll:   Somehow our kids got sick on what is commonly referred to the "3 week winter".

lovely.....

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #862 on: January 03, 2006, 23:29:33 pm »
I hear ya, honey.  It was 80 degrees here today.  We have a "cold front" coming through that will drop the high into the low 60's tomorrow.  Sheesh...
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #863 on: January 04, 2006, 00:43:32 am »
Gee......and we've had a heat wave the last week and it's been in the 50's during the day, drops below freezing at night though.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #864 on: January 04, 2006, 01:01:35 am »
Charlee's mom - my first thought on getting more daddy time were - 1) can he come home for lunch around a time she is awake and happy since he works so close? or 2) would he be willing to get up with her at 6 and spend till naptime with her in the morning. Since she goes down early in the eve, maybe you guys can go to bed earlier too to help get enough sleep in.....jsut some thoughts -
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #865 on: January 04, 2006, 01:11:19 am »
My hearts go out to the mommies with sick babies.  I dread the first time I have to take our lo to the hospital.... Although, given the trouble makers both my dh and I were as children, I am predicting at least one trip before he's a teenager.   aaah, the joys of parenthood.

Charlee'smom, I agree with Caedens mom re: getting your dh to maybe get up earlier in the morning to get some of that time in with your lo.  Good luck with that.... I know it's not an easy situation. 

Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #866 on: January 04, 2006, 01:20:56 am »
So sorry to hear about everyone's poor sick lo. RSV! That is scary. I hope everything gets better soon.

It's been in the 50's here too. Texas is looking pretty good right now.

Charlee's Mom-I agree with Caeden's Mom. You probabaly will not be able to change her schedule so his schedule would be the easiest to change. Is he willing to do that. I mean you have to get up at 6!

daisymelon- I had the same problem (not going to bed until late) But I just started waking him up a 8. Well I did it slowly it took about 2-3 weeks. I did it gradually and if we had a particualy late night I'd let him sleep in a bit.  But with his day starting earlier I followed his schedule and he would end up getting to bed earlier. I was going to keep it at 8 but he started doing a 7-7 thing. :roll: I didn't wantto get up at 7.  It improved his sleep a lot though. He was making it through the night. Until we had this growth spurt that it.

Actually my milk has come in a bit more. But at night he drained but sides again and still had some bottle. Not sure what to do. Didn't you go through this Adria?
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline charleesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Husband waking up
« Reply #867 on: January 04, 2006, 03:55:47 am »
Well, I will give it a try and ask my husband to wake early.
It is hard for him - he is not an early riser and his bad habbit of staying up late will be hard to break.
He doesn't wake easily either.  When she used to wake in the night he never knew - would just sleep right through it.
He doesn't even wake when we wake at 6:00.

I will start with trying to get him to wake early and go from there.

Thanks ladies!
Charlee's Mom :)
http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Baby Pic" border="0Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #868 on: January 04, 2006, 04:13:10 am »
Charlees mom-  I would agree with everyone so far.  Charlee is most important right now and as much as we moms hate to admit it, our lives do completely revolve around our lo's needs while they are this young.  Therefore, try and keep Charlee's routine to whatever makes her happiest and ask you dh to work around that.

However, I COMPLETELY understand how that is easier said than done. 

My dh also sleeps through EVERYTHING, never waking during the night or in the mornings on the weekends.  We are both teachers and so we both wake at the same time during the week, but he is also the head football couch AND athletic director for the High School he teaches at which means he doesn't get home until after our ds is in bed, either.  So...ds only gets "daddy time" for about 15 minutes in the morning and the weekends (whenever daddys decides to wake up  :) )  It was hard for us at first and we also tried to work around dh schedule instead of ds schedule and learned quickly that that only lead to a unhappy ds and therefore a frustrated "daddy" because all their time spent together was filled with cranky-ness.

I hope that made sense and I didn't kill you with my "ramblings".  Good luck!  :)

-Christine

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #869 on: January 04, 2006, 04:16:02 am »
Ladies,

On another more trivial note...I have tried to add a picture of my ds to my profile so that it comes up everytime I post something like all of you have and when I try and do it, it just says the file size is too large.  :(

Any suggestions?  I want my ds to be able to share in everyone else's absolute cuteness!  :)

thanks,
christine