Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121976 times)

Offline charleesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Oh husbands
« Reply #870 on: January 04, 2006, 04:23:58 am »
Christine,
I completely understand what you went through with you husband.
I have been going through the same.
I love him and I love Charlee but I don't think he understands how the whole schedule thing effects her.
He wants to go out to dinner all the time when she is supost to be in bed or close to her bed time.

I want that time with him but I pay the price when she is up all night crazy over a mess up in her schedule.

As far as your picture - what program are you using to edit it?
Charlee's Mom :)
http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Baby Pic" border="0Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #871 on: January 04, 2006, 04:43:30 am »
I am just trying to transfer the picture from my Kodak Easy Share program.  I am so computer illiterate....its amazing I even found this website  :)

Offline mrshamilton24

• Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #872 on: January 04, 2006, 05:12:46 am »
Kayna-

I am just curious, and please feel free to tell me to mind my own business if you think I am being too nosey (I do not offend easily :)), how did you become a moderator on the BW website?   I think it would be a fun job  :)

-Christine

Offline mrshamilton24

• Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #873 on: January 04, 2006, 05:17:36 am »
the previous picture was not very good of Brock but it was the only one that was small enough to attach...i am going to try other pictures.  he is such a happy baby and he just looks miserable in that one.  :(

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #874 on: January 04, 2006, 14:21:46 pm »
Okay- Jake still has no teeth... who else is sporting the toothless smile???
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #875 on: January 04, 2006, 14:22:46 pm »
Kristine- Brock is cute and he looks like he is having a lot of fun with the balls :)
Jennifer

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #876 on: January 04, 2006, 14:44:20 pm »
Christine - He is a cutie! Love the pictures.

I'll have to try to attach one of Caeden sometime - our camera has been giving us fits.

Charlee's mom - good luck on adjusting your schedule! I know when my DH gets up with Caeden and lets me sleep and extra hour or two - it is wonderful and I just love it. I seem to sleep so well then, it is like I know I don't need to listen for him and sleep sounder or something. Anyway, maybe if you start out with just a few mornings a week or something and kinda ease him into it. Or if he is okay with it, when she wakes, you get up and fed and change her and then  bring her into him in bed and let her wake him up - it might be more pleasant for him (BUT it does depend on if he would LIKE that or not!)
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline mrshamilton24

• Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #877 on: January 04, 2006, 15:00:14 pm »
thanks  :)  I am a bit biased but I think he is cute, too!  The funny thing is that neither of those pictures really capture just how cute he really is.

Brock is also still a "toothless man."  Isn't it weird how different they look once they do get teeth?

-Christine

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #878 on: January 04, 2006, 15:28:35 pm »
Christine- sorry I spelled your name wrong  :wink: It will be so cool to see those pearly whites when they finally come in! I can't remember who had a picture on her of there little one with the two bottom teeth... I think it was of Caeden... sooo cute! I suppose Jake's will pop through one of these days :)
Jennifer

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #879 on: January 04, 2006, 15:29:31 pm »
I am lovin' all the new pictures!  Gosh, it just seems like yesterday when we were talking about how many weeks old our los were.  It's all happening so fast!

One thing I noticed was that Luke's lips seemed to get fuller as he started getting teeth.  Those big puckery lips beg for kisses  :wink:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #880 on: January 04, 2006, 15:38:56 pm »
All the babies are little boys and girls now.  They have all changed in their looks so much.

No teeth here.  There are some threatening to come in, but nothing yet.
'
BTW, have any of you had your white noise machine's batteries lose their juice?  I've been meaning to change the batteries for 2 days now....  sounds like darth vadar is in his room looking over him.   lol

Keep updating all your pics, they are all adorable.  We got a digital camera for xmas, but the batteries have already died.  lol  No more webcam pics for the website, I'm gonna have a real one.

One last thing, I just foudn out on my maternity leave that I can work about one day a week without them docking me in taxes.  I have to admit that the extra income is necessary (dh is a student and a poor oen at that)  Just wondering if I could leave ds for the day.  Maybe I can arrange it for the weekend so dh could look after him.  I wish I had family or at least a babysitter, but it seems impossible to find a sitter who has experience with young children.

How do you working mamas find you balance everythign?  I have no clue how you would manage.

Here's to life as we know it now...... forever better.

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #881 on: January 04, 2006, 15:49:51 pm »
My guy is kinda toothless.  He's been teething lately and one has just broken the surface but you still can't really see it.    Any day now!

Jordon's started fulltime babbling.  He woke up this morning at 5am and just laid in bed chatting to himself until 6.  DH and I couldn't sleep through it, but we didn't disturb him and just giggled to ourselves until he went back to sleep.   oh, their he is again... gotta go.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #882 on: January 04, 2006, 16:06:48 pm »
Yay, Avery slept through the night last night. First time in a good week I'd say. Thankfully the amoxicillin is kicking in.

Christine-another BW actually suggested to the Allergy Board that I would make a good Moderator because of my extensive background with Allergies. I'm a regular poster on that board. :roll:  I think if you were ever interested in being a moderator for a certain board you could probably PM one of the current Mod's. I know they just posted about openings and changed a few around so everything might be filled for now but I wouldn't hesitate to check.  :wink:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #883 on: January 04, 2006, 16:29:13 pm »
It sure sounds like Christmas took its toll on a lot of our LO's.  I hope all the babes are feeling better.

Had my surgery yesterday and am recovering. I am in quite a bit of pain and am on Tyelonol 3 and amoxicillin.  There isn't much I can eat so am feeling weak but hopefully by tomorrow I can get a bit of food into me. My DH is doing his best to take care of us both but it is hard on him too.  He is out shopping for some yoghurt and other almost liquid foods for me.

Abbi is toothless still too but there is one tooth that we can see, it just hasn't come through yet. My sister felt her gums and said there were lots there that could come through anytime. 

Regarding working one day a week.  I kind of know how you are feeling. My husband is a part-time student, works part-time and does a business on the side part-time. I am also doing my Master's in Education while on Maternity leave so we don't have a lot of income right now.  Until he is done school, I will be the steady wage earner and since I am on leave it is tough.  Somehow we are managing and luckily we are pretty good about budgeting but it isn't easy. 

Leslie

Offline charleesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Working moms
« Reply #884 on: January 04, 2006, 16:44:12 pm »
I LOVE TO WORK.
My LO was a big surprise to me and my husband.
We had only been married 4 months and the Oops - test came out possitive.  I was even on birth control.  Guess I get to be apart of that 2%.  Anyways, I swore up and down that I would still work full time when my LO came.  I love me job.  I feel useful to the world when I work.  I couldn't imagine sitting at home eating bonbons and watching soap operas.

Well, 9 months later Charlee blessed our lives and after 2 weeks at home with her I didn't want to go back to work.  I wanted to spend every second I could with her so that I didn't miss a thing. 

But, I still loved to work.

Big surprise to me when I went back to work and my boss called me in the office the first day and said "I am having the IT Department set up access for you to work from home.  I want you to have time with you daughter but I don't want to loose you either so do what you can from home and we will figure out the rest."

WOW!!! What a blessing.  A week later I was working at home.  During naps I put all my energy toward my job.  When she is awake - it is all about HER!!!  Somehow, I get everything done and still survive.

My job is high stress (i do theater productions) and I do have to go in for rehearsals some evenings but by then Charlee is in bed and daddy is home to make sure everything is okay. 
I never miss a beat.

Oh, and I do go in to work about once a week - but we have a daycare on campus that I check her into.  I still go and do her feedings and give her kisses before her naps.  And I can't help but walk by that door 5 or 6 times a day.  I miss my little best friend.   :D

It takes a lot to work and be a mommy.  But I love both and I stay focused.  I respect EVERY mom out that who spends every day just focused on their LO.  At times I do wish I could do that.  But I know if I wasn't working I would regrete it.

*** My husband woke up this morning at 6:45 and helped me give Charlee a bath and then played with her till her nap time at 8:00.  So far so good with the getting up early part.  (Of course he passed out on the couch as soon as she was down and I had to almost push him in the shower about 15 minutes ago.  I think he might be a little late for work today.  :?

Have a great day ladies - and WHAT CUTE BABIES YOU ALL HAVE!!!
Charlee's Mom :)
http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Baby Pic" border="0Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0