Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121813 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #885 on: January 04, 2006, 18:20:45 pm »
Okay I am way WAY behind!!
I am at page 87 now.  So bare with me.

Chelsea:  I did go through that but I think it was just his 6 month growth spirt.  It is much better now.

Charlee's mom: my DH takes care of DS on weekends even if I"m home and he also gives him his bath at night.  Bath time is daddy time.

And a praise!!  Jency only ate once last night and then wasn't very hungry this morning!  I'm going to do a dreamfeed tonight at 9:30 and see if he can make it to morning.  I feel bad though because I'm asking him to go longer without food then my DH does.  Last night I fed him at 7:45pm he went to bed then woke at 11:30 but DH put him back down.  Then I went to check on him at 1:30am and I woke him so I fed him (had been 6 hours almost) then he woke at 5:30am because of a dirty diaper and I didn't get him back down until 6:15am but then he slept until 7:45am and at 8:00am only took one side of me an then at 8:30 ate his cereal and fruit (normal amount).
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #886 on: January 04, 2006, 18:30:01 pm »
Charlee's mom:  How come she can not sleep longer in the morning.
Jency goes around 7:30am to 8:00pm.  My Dh gets up at 5:30am and goes to work and get's back about 5:30/6:00pm.  That is why Jency goes to bed at 8pm.  It works for us because he sleeps longer in the morning.
Just curious.

Jency doesn't have any teeth either.

Where has Rooby-Rooby-Roo been?
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: Working moms
« Reply #887 on: January 04, 2006, 18:39:53 pm »
Quote from: charleesmom
I couldn't imagine sitting at home eating bonbons and watching soap operas.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: I'm assuming you realize now there is more to it. :wink: Although, I would give my right arm to sit around eating bonbons and watching soap operas. :lol:  :lol: But then I guess I'd have to hire someone to do my job at home. :roll:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #888 on: January 04, 2006, 19:08:51 pm »
I was worried Id miss work, but i dont!!!  A lot of my family are quite patronising about me not working and tell me I'll get brain dead, or in a few months I'll be begging to go back to work, but its right for me :D  I think it depends on different personalities as to whether you feel the need to work, i just feel truly blessed that we can afford for me to stay at home(just :? ), i know there are lots of mothers who would love to, but just cant afford it!
Alison

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #889 on: January 04, 2006, 20:20:44 pm »
No teeth here either. I don't think I had teeth until I was 8 months old so I think we have a while to go. It is a good thing he is so big. No hair and no teeth....

Adria- Yeah I fiqured just wanted some reassurance.  It is starting to get better. I'll be glad when this is over. Glad he did doing better for you.  It will just get better and better. I remember when I was feeding him every 2 hours.....don't miss that!

I don't miss work. But I really didn't like my job to begin with.  I also get a lot of jives from my family about not going back. My mom in particular she keeps talking about when I go back to work....grrr. I love what I am doing. I would hate it if I had to put Aiden in daycare. Not knocking any of you working Moms! I admire you, it must be so hard. I think my Mom hated staying home with us and she is projecting that onto me. But I like it. I hope I can do it for as long as we like but we will see. It will be ten times more interesting when Aiden is older. I thought about going and working somewhere for one day a week. Just to get out and get a bit of spending money but I really don't want to leave Aiden.  I might be being silly but that is a whole day, I'd really miss him.

Glad you hubby way able to get up Charlee's Mom. I 'm sure it was hard but it is worth it.  My Dp just had a bunch of time off of school and him ands ds bonded so much! It is so nice to see them together as usually they don't see each other much. And he can read Aiden soo much better. So I don'thave to help him anymore. Yeah!!!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline charleesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
More then bon bon's
« Reply #890 on: January 04, 2006, 22:53:36 pm »
yes, I have come to relize there is more to being a mommy then bon bons.  But, I never imagined it could be this good.
Even on the not so lovely days I lay in bed at night staring at photo albums of my LO and just smiling away.
I do wish there were more bon bon's (love those thing) but every moment is a fantastic memory. :D

ADRIA'S 1ST - Well, Charlee is getting 12 hours at night going 6:00 to 6:00.  At this age that is what she is supost to get.  She has just kinda always woken at 6:00 am so that is when her schedule is set for.
I wish I had a 7:30/8:00 kid.  I miss sleeping in myself. :shock:
Charlee's Mom :)
http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Baby Pic" border="0Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #891 on: January 05, 2006, 00:51:27 am »
Hi all.  Took Cait to the dr today.  couldn't wait for tomorrow.  Her oxygen is up 3% and her fever is down to 100.  So the RSV is loosening its grip on her, but have no fear, it is being replaced with an ear infection.  Started her on the pink stuff this evening.  She has only lost 6 ounces so, not bad there.  Tonight for the first time in almost a week she has eaten "solids".  I fixed her a small bowl of cereal just to test the waters and she gobbled it up.  She wont' take formula though.  Loves the pedialite.  Took a nap in her crib for four hours today after being up much of the night last night.  Changed my tactic there.....we elevated her mattress, seems to do the trick.  Dr said she could sleep on her tummy, so for now, that is where she is at.  I dont' feel safe her sleeping on her tummy through the night, so I will probably go and flip her in a couple of hours.  Hopefully she will sleep through, but not holding my breathe.

So enough about that.  I work part time, and it truly does help me stay sane.  Although being off last week for the holidays, it is hard to go back to work.  In fact with all of this stuff with Cait, I haven't been there more than 6 hours all week. But still....the morale in the office sucks.

Anyway, Cait's top two choppers have broken through.  Now she grinds her teeth and drives her dad insane.  He can't stand that.  LOL.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #892 on: January 05, 2006, 00:53:48 am »
BJ, I am so glad she's doing better.  I thought about BOTH of you today.  Poor Ry.  How's he handling it all?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #893 on: January 05, 2006, 01:02:39 am »
BJ- Good she is doing better. I though about her today. I hope she continues to improve.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #894 on: January 05, 2006, 01:11:35 am »
Thanks, ladies.  Well...I have to say...Ry pretty much takes it in stride.  After I posted the update, I surfed the other threads to see what else was going on, and I started feeling guilty that I should be spending MORE time with him.  So he came in here and asked if he could "play letters" (gets on microsoft word and types  :wink: ) and I said no, why dont' we get your colors and you can come sit at the table with mommy and color and talk to me while I eat my dinner.   Nope...wanted nothing to do with that.  He wanted to watch cartoons.  Do I get points because I at least tried?  LOL.  We did go to the park at the end of our street for about 45 minutes and pushed on the swing and such.  So I guess I shouldnt' feel to bad.  I am starving.  I will check back later.  Trying to make it to chat tonight.  We will see if her highness sleeps that long.  :roll:
bj

Brandy-

Offline charleesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #895 on: January 05, 2006, 01:14:12 am »
Can anyone tell me what formate the Lilypies Baby Days is supost to be in for this website?
Charlee's Mom :)
http://lilypie.com">Lilypie Baby Pic" border="0Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #896 on: January 05, 2006, 01:27:30 am »
I don't mean to sound uninformed, but what is RSV?   I hope it's nothing too serious?...

Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #897 on: January 05, 2006, 02:03:39 am »
haha!!!  He sat with me at the table after all and drew me a bug.   :D  So now, I feel better.

RSV is an infection of the bronchil tubes.  Started as an upper respiratory infection and went downhill from there.  Can be extremely dangerous for infants, esp preemies if not caught in time.  But we are on the upside now, so things are looking much better.  And Judy...don't feel uninformed...I kinda knew what it was, but I thought ONLY preemies got it.  How dumb was I?  (and this is kid #2)  :roll:  :shock:

I think my lilypie is in the http format, but I can double check if you like.
Yes "url=http" is the one I have on my profile.

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #898 on: January 05, 2006, 03:23:42 am »
What time is our chat?  Do we have a chat time now?  I wanna play  :wink:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #899 on: January 05, 2006, 03:26:50 am »
there is chat going on inteh chat room now.

Brandy-