Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121116 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2005, 00:28:44 am »
Well, I spoke with the day care director and she apologized profusely for what happened yesterday.  The caregiver that is normally with the infants was off yesterday and they had one new girl in there with a lady who normally works in the toddler room.  When the toddler room gal stepped out for a minute, that happened to be when my husband got there.  Anyway, it's all ok.  All of the problems have been addressed and corrected and I got MAAAAAAAANY apologies.  This is the best day care facility in town from what I can tell from my research and from my girlfriends' experiences, but I guess it just goes to show you that even the best isn't good enough when it comes to your own baby!

Now for a question....has anyone else's baby started to spit up more and more?  Is it just b/c he's getting older?  I have seen reflux in action and I do not think that is his problem....thank goodness!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2005, 13:53:22 pm »
Well I am so glad to hear that you took action and addressed the daycare issue and are very happy with the response you got.  Nothing like piece of mind where your child is concerned.  From what you said, it does sound as though it were just a "fluke" type of situation and isn't the norm. 

As for the spitting up, last week dh was starting to worry about Cait because EVERY time HE fed her, she would spit up large amounts.  It almost got to the point where he didn't want to feed her, I think.  My dh is a very hands on type of dad, he will tackle any baby duty without asking or complaint(well....middle of night feedings get some grumbling...but it is hard to tell who is grumbling louder, me or him  :roll:  :wink: )  And I dont' remember is your lo is a week older or a week younger than Cait...so if it is a week younger, I would say maybe a normal "growing up" phase????  She has since stopped doing that and been fine.  And Clair...I havent' really noticed any reflux lately either, so maybe if Red has a slight case, he too will grow out of it in the next few weeks.

I have great news!!!!  Cait went 9 hours between feedings and slept for 7 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :shock:  :o
There is a GOD!!!!  Yes, I know it is too much to expect a repeat performance again tonight, but I am hopeful.  She ate at around 9pm and went to sleep at 11:15 (after a small battle) and didnt' stir until 6:15 am.  Oh, I so wanted to do a happy dance, but was afraid I would wake up dh and Ry (dh got home at 5:30 am).  So I fed her and put her back to bed at 7am and she is still asleep.  Ry is up watching cartoons, ate breakfast, I got a shower and a coke and am typing you guys.  For the moment....Life is good.   :lol:  :roll:  :wink:
Oh...and she is 8 weeks old today!!  woohoo!!!!

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2005, 14:07:27 pm »
I think I have said this before...it's not nice to rub it in!!! :-)

Luke is exactly 8 weeks old today, so maybe he and Clair are on the same track...except for the sleeping.  He goes a six hour stretch in the middle of the day and I would cut off my toe for him to shift that to night!  I just have a thing about waking up a baby.  I think their bodies know better than we do what they need.  We're getting a little closer to being able to do our own little version of a cluster feed at night, so maybe he'll start going longer, but for now, he still wakes at 4:30 for a feeding.  Grrr....oh well.  At least he's beautiful, happy and healthy!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2005, 14:08:20 pm »
OOPS!  I mean Cait, Clair is in England!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2005, 14:32:38 pm »
LOL...I read "Clair" and I thought, huh????  LOL

And by NO means, am I rubbing it in.  I am sure I will be back tomorrow all bleary eyed, whining again!!!!!  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But for now, I am the happiest mommy.  :lol:

So, Luke was born 6-10-05 also?  Very cool.  What time?  Cait was hatched at 8:11 am, if I remember correctly.  I always want to get her birth weight mixed up with her birth time.  8:11 am vs. 8 lbs 9 oz.  :roll:

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2005, 15:09:26 pm »
He was born at 5:57pm....I was admitted to the hosp to be induced on Tuesday the 7th...he took his sweet time getting here and was ultimately born via c-section....8lbs 8oz and 20 1/2 inches long.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2005, 18:39:00 pm »
Yay Cait!! Hopefully it won't be a one off and she'll continue doing this from now on. I just cannot believe you are at work, blows my mind that you are back so soon post-partum. I'm still at the stage where leaving the house with 2 is blowing my mind, let alone a full day at work away from may babies. Geez i haven't left Red with anyone yet, not even DH!

Kayna - are you a SAHM or are you going back to work at some point? I will go back right after Xmas. What do you all do as a job?? I am a nurse. I am also training to be a childbirth educator.

We are REALLY struggling with our nights now :cry:  :cry:  He is just getting worse and worse. This mornig it was 3am (went back to sleep), 3.30am (fed him), 5.30am (fed him) then he would not go back to sleep until about 7.30am - I cannot take this!! Tonight i am going to try doing the DF earlier as it has been creeping later and later, last few nights has been around 11pm ish. Maybe i am disrupting a sleep cycle or something that means he is less settled for the rest of the night, or maybe cos he does 4 hours between 7pm-11pm then another 4 hours between 11pm-3am he cannot last out for another four hours between 3am-7am?? So if i feed at 10pm (ie 3 hours from last feed) it may work better - who bloody knows but it is worth a try at this stage!!
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2005, 19:28:16 pm »
Yes, I too, hope this isn't a fluke type of thing with the sleeping through the night.  It would def. make my life a whole easier.  Maybe if Cait is starting to get the swing of things, Red shouldn't be too far behind.  And doesnt' it always get worse before it gets better?  Just hold on tight, it is always a bumpy ride with these little ones.  And I truly think they are aware that we dance to their tune 24/7!!!! :roll:  :roll:

Yes, there are days that I am totally not ready to be back at work and then there are days like today that Ry is driving me crazy, that I am running for the door.  I am an Office Manager Asst.   My boss is really great, because this position has never existed before now, but she really likes how I do things, that after Ry was born I was able to tell them that I only wanted to work 20 hours a week/3 days a week.  But then when we got pregnant with Cait I went up to 30 hours/4 days so that I could have the same medical ins. that we had when Ry was born so that I could have the same dr who delivered Ry, deliver Cait.  I am weird about that, I guess...even had each kid on the same date of the month, the 10th.

I think after the 3rd one though, I am going to stay home.  Or at least, that is what I think for now.  I still have 19 months to see if that is really what I want to do.

bj

Brandy-

Offline EllieLock

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can sympathise!
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2005, 22:06:04 pm »
Can sympathise with the wide awake baby.  Currently sat here in the living room with Nyah asleep on DH.  Tried to put her down at 7 and it's taken til now to get her to close her eyes  :shock:   She's been grizzly and grumpy, and occasionally angry, but soothable most of the time unlike when she was really colic-y.  Feeding soothes her but don't think she's really hungry, she's been feeding really well, for an hour sometimes, will go down for 5 or 10 minutes then starts bawling again.  We've given in and are resorting to a pacifier but she doesn't really like them that much.

She'll be 3 weeks on Sunday.

Bah, she's just woken up, I think we're in for a long night  :cry:   Not sure what else to try other than taking her for a drive.

Wahhhhhhhh  :cry:

Ellie
& Nyah - now crying again :(

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2005, 22:16:39 pm »
Bless your heart!  Have you swaddled her TIGHT??  That works wonders with my ds!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2005, 13:27:22 pm »
Yes, I'm a SAHM. I'm very fortunate, DH has a good job and I'm able/want to stay home. I do have my own business on the side though just to get me out of the house and do a little book work (keep the brain ticking and give the college degree a work out). I'm a ....................................CLOWN!!! Yup, just got done doing a gig today. I specialize in balloon art and face painting. It's pretty fun being the life of the party.

Avery has been sleeping awesome lately. I'm just thrilled. She's been going down by 8pm (df at 10pm) and sleeping until 5am or later. This morning I woke her at 6:30am because I desperately needed her to nurse (dh gives her a bottle for the df). She then eats for 20 minutes and goes right back down again until 8:30am. So I've been getting more than 8 hours of sleep (in a row) per night this week!!!! It feels so good I've been able to enjoy some "me" time and even had a couple drinks after her last feed. Yay, lets hope we're on the downhill slide.  :lol:

Big HUGS Clair. I don't wanna make anyone feel bad but I guess I got a little excited.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2005, 14:25:28 pm »
Well, what am I doing wrong?  Luke goes down around 10:30, as he's wide awake until then, and a dream feed isn't an option b/c a crow bar couldn't get his mouth open while he's asleep!!  He wakes between 2 and 3 (sometimes we can get him to go unitil 4).  I guess he's just a hungry boy.  The paci won't cut it!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2005, 01:04:17 am »
Hi Amy, I read in one of your posts that Luke will sleep up to six hours during the day. Do I dare say he may have his days and nights mixed up :?:  :?:  :?:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline loliac

• Doing this all over again!
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • I love my little brother!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2005, 14:33:26 pm »
Does anyone's lo not eat very well in the morning for the first feed? My dd is 9 weeks and she sleeps VERY good at night. She has been going from 10pm until 5am. Sometimes later than that! Sorry, don't mean to rub it in. But she only takes about 3 oz. for her first feed and I think that's strange. I would think she would be STARVING. We are weaning her onto formula and I am wondering if she just doesn't like the taste or what. Right now she gets about 2oz. of ebm and then 3 oz. of formula. Any thoughts??
-Lori

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2005, 16:03:38 pm »
Last night Luke went from 8 until 4!!!!!!  We were stunned!  I am thinking that if we had given him a bottle when he stirred at 11, he might have gone even later.  Any suggestions?

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08