Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121898 times)

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #900 on: January 05, 2006, 04:32:18 am »
Charlees mom-  so happy to hear that your dh had some "Charlee time" this moring!  Doesn't it feel great when things work out between the whole family schedule thing?!!  :)  Brock is also a early waker..he goes down at 7 or 7:30 and NEVER sleeps past 6:00!!  I am glad to finally be getting some decent sleep at night but it is especially "stinky" on the weekends when I want to sleep in because I don't have to be up early for work.  But then again...I do work full time and once I am awake, I am glad to be spending as much time as possible with ds, while I have it!  :)

As fas as working...my situation is pretty "bitter sweet."  I do enjoy being a teacher and I love my co-workers!  but...I am just SO sad to leave my ds everyday.  There is nothing more I would rather do than be with him.
:(  Even though my Mom watches him everyday (we are so lucky), I still check in with her about 3-4 times just because I can't stop thinking about him! 

I would do ANYTHING to be able to make an income from home...anyone have suggestions???????????  My husband is also a teacher, hence why we both have to work...teachers in Northern California make NOTHING!

we are so blessed in so many ways, though...i always feel bad complaining.

It was fun chatting with some of you tonight, I guess Wednesday nights are going to be a regular chat time?

-Christine

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #901 on: January 05, 2006, 12:28:45 pm »
Wow.  It's 8:30 and owen is still sleeping... he slept right through the night.  I'm jealous of those lo who usually do.  Although I know they are all different, I sometimes feel inadequate that he doesnt' regularly sleep through thenight.  I personally think he's a good sleeper, but hten you talk to another mama and nope.  But he's sleepign like an angel right now.  Funny thing is yesterday he had one 2 hour nap, a 30 minute car nap and then another 30 minute cat nap.  At bedtime he went down no problem and gobbled up around 6 oz for his df.  strange.  not too sure what to make of it.

I had fun in the chat last night, but couldn't stay long cuz I'm in atlantic canada and it officially started at 11pm my time. 

I too wish I had a business I could do from home, but I'm not a sales person and it seems that that's what most of those jobs require, unless you have computer tech skills.  I think it's confirmed, I'm going back to work on Saturdays, but I will know more today when the manager confirms it with HR.  Cross your fingers.  Plus this way dh and owen will have a full day together. 

Arg.....   I always type sooooo much.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #902 on: January 05, 2006, 13:32:49 pm »
Sorry i missed the chat yesterday, ill have to try and make it next time!

bj, it must be hard juggling work AND two kids!! I spend half my time worrying i dont play enough with tom (and the opther half worrying i play to much with him and he wont develope any indipendance/i never do enough housework!! :roll:  :roll:  :roll: ) so i dont know what id be like if i worked or had any other kids!!!!

Have to admit i disdnt know what RSV was either... but it must have been pretty frightning. The doctor thinks ds has astma, he is weezy every morning and has at least 1 inhalour puff a day, i know that is scairy enough, so my im glad cait is on the mend.

dh went back to work today, and although its lovely having him home (makes me feel IM having a holiday) its also nice to get back to a more normal routine! Im even quite glad to take the decorations down and restore some tidyness to our lives(we have finally found homes for all the new toys!!).

Anyway the air has just been filled with a suspicious smell that suggests i better go as nappychanging is needed! :roll:

bye
Alison

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #903 on: January 05, 2006, 14:11:20 pm »
Alison-Juggling everything isn't real hard.  And at this point, I would have to deal with it anyway.  We have a pretty easy set up.  I only work 30 hours a week.  Monday 10 hours, Wednesday 10 hours, thursday 12-5, friday 12-5.  Dh has the children when I am at work since he works nights and now that we have moved to a new city, my MIL comes over on Thursdays and keeps the kids so that dh can sleep longer and she gets time with the kids.

Plus dh and I made a deal a while back.  I will do all of the dishes and he does all the laundry, so housework isnt' a big issue.  Plus I try to keep the living room picked up, as I can't stand clutter.  It works for us. :)

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #904 on: January 05, 2006, 15:12:44 pm »
Bummer... I missed the chat... I guess I didn't know we were going to have one! I know there was some talk awhile ago but I must of missed the final decision. Are guys planning to chat every Wed. evening? I would love to participate if I can.

My sister in-law is a pediatric nurse and she says that they have been swamped with sick little babies... babies with RSV and they are real sick. Poor little things! We have been healthy here.. knock on wood. Jake had a fever for about two days and a lot of congestion, but it seemed to clear up pretty quickly. It is amazing how helpless you feel when they get sick. I hope Cait is feeling better and you are too BJ :)

I just started working part time a few weeks ago, wish I didn't have too, but we need the money. I also love what I do and was starting to miss it. I defiantly wouldn't be able to do full time (kudos to those mom's that do!) part time is just fine. I worked out a flex time position with my employer so I can put in 20-30 hours a week, my choice. I have decided to stay closer to the 20 and only have Jake in daycare 2.5 days a week. Now only if I could find a great babysitter..... (story for another day :) )
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #905 on: January 05, 2006, 15:35:09 pm »
I think the chat was for all mamas on the board.  I don't think anyone has decided on a chat specific for us.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #906 on: January 05, 2006, 16:00:52 pm »
Just had to post this picture of Jake.... maybe he'll be a doctor? His daddy thinks he'll follow in his footsteps and build houses but I can't let him play with a hammer yet  :wink:

As for the chat time... I'm pretty flexible, any evening is good!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #907 on: January 05, 2006, 16:52:39 pm »
Anyone want to do a daytime chat? I have a hard time making evenings work for me.......
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #908 on: January 05, 2006, 17:26:32 pm »
As I am still stay at home and am on here pretty much everyday...I at least check in compulsively if not always for long, Whenever people want to chat then that's fine with me. 

On another note, For those moms in Canada who have access to the Toronto version of Breakfast Television on City TV, Jordon and I will be on tomorrow morning.  I'm not sure exactly what time, but I will probably guess between 7:30 and 9am.  We have to be at the station between 6:30 and 6:45 am!!!Boy that's early.  It's one thing to be up, but out of the house and in Makeup!?  I took a Salsa class in the fall and the moms and babies will be doing a demonstration for the show.  Check it out if you can.

I'm having a meeting with my boss next week to talk about going back to work.  As things stand right now, the cost of daycare almost makes it not worth it to work for me but I am the only one with benefits in my house and free dental and medical is a big deal and we don't want to lose that.  So there's some decisions that need to be made. 

See Ya
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #909 on: January 05, 2006, 18:44:13 pm »
Im also fine to chat anytime (daytime is best as eve in us is very late night for me!!)

Judy... thats so exciting, wish we could see it here!! :D
Alison

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #910 on: January 05, 2006, 19:13:38 pm »
Too bad we're all in such different time zones  :wink:

I am about to fall asleep at my desk.  We were watching the RoseBowl until midnight.  YAWN!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #911 on: January 06, 2006, 00:41:06 am »
i am new to this thread...my lo was born June 27th 2005.  Looking forward to chatting with you all about the trials of motherhood, feeding, sleep etc. 

My guy just got his 2 bottom teeth in at once!! What a trooper.
Also started rolling this week front to back (he hates tummy time).

Sabine

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #912 on: January 06, 2006, 00:50:33 am »
Baaaahhhhhh! My mom was trying to convince me to go back to work go to collage (never made it :oops: ) today. It isn't worth it really, the daycare costs would eat up my whole paycheck and I don't hear her volunteering to watch him. Just let me enjoy my baby, he will only be this small once!

Actually we were at lunch at a resturant! First time I had braved that with Aiden. He did fine, liked watching all the people.  I really don't give him enough credit...I was so afraid he would freak out but he was okay. He wouldn't take naps all day so he was in bed early tonight!

I also spend all day trying to fiqure out if I am playing with him too much or too little. I end up just playing with him all the time anyways. Who need a clean house :roll:

I hope all sick babies keep getting better! Aiden goes in next week for his 6 month shots so I am sure he will be one cranky little dude!

The chat last night the US chat, they do it every Wed. Usually it is pretty good. But night is really the only time I can chat. But I think with the diffrent time zones it might work out some how. Since we can't all chat at the same times....does that make sense?
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #913 on: January 06, 2006, 14:29:50 pm »
Wow you guys have been busy posting!  We had a 5:30am wake up call this morning by our DD.  I am never she how to adjust her routine when this happens. I have her a small bottle 3.5-4oz at 5:30 and then woke her at 8am and fed her about the same amount and then gave her solids right after. Now I will wait until around noon and feed her again. Is this what you guys would do?

DD has been really vocal the last few days and is getting louder and louder.  Anyone else feel their LO is really finding their voice? 

My DD also hate tummy time unless it is in the bath tub and then she really likes it.  She loves to sit up but rolling just doesn't interest her a whole lot. 

Welcome new mom.  I too found this forum late but it is kind of neat to read what everyone is up to.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Leslie

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #914 on: January 06, 2006, 16:19:13 pm »
Welcome new mom!  It is always fun to have a new mommy join!

As I have said previously, my Mom watches our ds full time during the day except on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-4 when he goes to a close friends home daycare.  So, for Christmas, I got her a Gymboree pass so she could have something to do with ds once a week.   :wink:

Yesterday, we went and previewed the Level 2 (6-10 months) class.  It looked fun!  I am just wondering if any of you also have your lo's in a gymboree class and what you think?  How old were your lo's when they started?

Thanks,
Christine