Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121112 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #915 on: January 06, 2006, 16:41:11 pm »
I wish we had a gymboree class.

Ok, all you working moms out there...do you ever feel like you are missing so much?  I do.  Luke gets home from daycare at 4, but he takes a nap for an hour or more.  Then we do veggies and fruit, a bath, a bottle and he's in bed by 6:45.  I just miss the little man.  Being off with him was so great.  Oh well.  I just keep reminding myself that I am helping to  provide a good home and a good life for him,

Still...some days it just sucks. :cry:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #916 on: January 06, 2006, 17:32:08 pm »
amy- I feel the same exact way!  Although, Brock rarely takes a nap after 4 (when I usually get home), I still have such limited time with him and we also have veggie and bath time before his final bottle.  He is in bed at 7:00.  I think  being teachers makes it even harder for us because we are around kids all day (just not our own  :( )  I know it is for me, at least.  But, I also try and remind myself that as teachers, we are home a lot earlier than most of the working world and we do get our great vacations!  It helps to find postitives amist my heartake....

-Christine

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #917 on: January 06, 2006, 18:58:14 pm »
To the moms working out of the home, I'm still trying to decided what to do about work.  My company is starting to try to entice me back (6 mos before my mat leave is up) and I'm just so unsure how I feel about the whole thing.   Ultimately, money is the biggest issue, I don't have enough to not work (still buying those lottery tickets) but daycare costs so much that it wipes out most of my salary.

I don't know what to do.  That's all I have to say today. 

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #918 on: January 07, 2006, 03:20:06 am »
Hi everyone, Welcome new mommy! Nice to have you.

I hate to be a pain but could you guys post you routines? I would really appreciate it as I am trying to tweak Aiden's. He is completly off track and we are in no-nap land. It is scary here :shock:
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #919 on: January 07, 2006, 03:57:32 am »
Well for some reason, I haven't been getting notifications that posts were being left on this thread.  I thought it was odd that out of ALL of us, none of us had anything to say today.

C- as for a routine....I am going to have to start all over myself.  This whole RSV thing has kicked the entire family's butt.  And since she wont' take more than 3 oz at a time for a bottle, makes it kinda hard to do anything else.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #920 on: January 07, 2006, 04:16:41 am »
Chelsea- Check out the EASY board if you get a chance, there are a lot of 6-12 mo. old routines at the top of the forum. They might also give you some ideas.

Jakes schedule on most days is:

7:15 Wake up
7:30 Bottle (6-8 oz)
8:30 Breakfast (4-6 oz. of solids)
9:30 Nap (1.5-2 hrs)
11:30-45 ish Bottle
12:30 Lunch
1:30 Nap (start of this nap really depends on when he woke up from first 
        nap, 1.5-2 hrs.)
3:30 Bottle
5:30-45 ish Catnap
6:30 Supper
7:30 Bottle
8:00 Bath and wind down routine
8:30 Bedtime

We just added in lunch last weekend and it seems to be going well. I just feel like all he does it eat :) It seems it is always time for a bottle or a meal!

Right now, he doesn't stay up much more than 2.25-2.5 hours so we are still hanging on to the catnap. I would like to eventually move bedtime up a little but I like not getting up much before 7 a.m. and since he is taking good naps, I just don't think he will sleep more at night if I put him to bed earlier.

Anyway, hope that helps!

Judy- could you go back to work part time? I know how you feel about not wanting to work but having to for the money, I am in the same situation. My company offered me a flextime position which is great and I don't have to pay for fulltime daycare. Maybe you could look into working a little less, doing some from home, or job sharing. I am not sure what you do, but it is worth a shot.
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #921 on: January 07, 2006, 12:05:00 pm »
Grr....
We'd gotten into SUCH a great routine with two good, long naps during the day consistently at 10:30ish and 1ish.  Going back to daycare blew it all out of the water.  I am going to tell his caretaker next week to just put him in his bed at those times and LEAVE him, even if he's in there for 30 minutes or so.  He'll go to sleep eventually.  She said that he would start fussing, so she took him out.  Well, DUH!  He's fussing because he hasn't had a nap for two days!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #922 on: January 07, 2006, 13:14:22 pm »
Heres toms routine... although he seems to have started cutting short his night time sleep. and waking 5, 5.30, 6, 6.30,7... he hardly has any sleep during the day, but may try to cut out catnap  as by 5.30 he no longer seems tired:?

Wake  7- 7.30 (use to be 7.30 8 :( )

8 oz bottle 7.45 (wont take it any earlier than this!!!)

breactfast 8.30 (weetabix or readybreak)

nap 9.30 (45 mins usually, sometimes 1.5 hrs)

lunch 12.00 (solids and water)

nap 1.15ish (again usually 45 mins... sometimes 1.5 hrs)

8oz bottle 3.30

catnap 4.30 (will only take this if hes not taken 1.5hr nap earlier)

tea 5.30(solids, yogert and water)

bath 6.00

8oz bottle 6.45

7.30 bed (goes to bed at 7.00 if not taken cat nap)

Its a bit of a funny routine as tom doesnt seem to need much daytime sleep as he has a good long night time sleep (or did until last week! :( ) and always wakes babbling happy and refreshed (even tho hes only had 45 mins!!!) Anyway hope that helps
Alison

Offline alison toms mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #923 on: January 07, 2006, 13:21:54 pm »
Also found this typical hrs of sleep thingy on the sleep board... looks like they start to take less daytime sleep at about 6 months.. so this maybe why some babies need their routines ajusting

Quote (selected)
3 months old:
Night: 10 hours;
Day: 5 hours - 3 naps, 2 naps of 1.75 hours and 1 of 1.5 hours;
Total: 15 hours

6 months old:
Night: 12 hours;
Day: 2.25 hours - 2 naps, 1 of 1 hour and 1 of 1.25 hours;
Total: 14.5 hours

9 months old:
Night: 11 hours;
Day: 3 hours, 2 naps of 1.5 hours each;
Total: 14 hours
Alison

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #924 on: January 07, 2006, 14:26:39 pm »
Jake is taking a lot more than 2.25 hours of naps, but I wish I could get him to sleep a little less during the day and then more at night. If he could do 12 hours at night, that would be awesome. I am absolutely not complaining about what he is doing now, I just wish he could stay up longer during the day. I just don't know how to begin changing the routine. If put him to bed at 7 p.m. he would still need a catnap. He usually wakes up from his afternoon nap around 3:15-3:30 p.m. and there is no way he could make it to bedtime without a nap.

I suppose I need to wait until he can stay awake longer, I can't seem to get him to go past 2.5 hours and sometimes that is stretching it :) Anyway, any suggestions on how to transition to less naps and still make it through the day?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline alison toms mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #925 on: January 07, 2006, 15:18:51 pm »
When tom doesn't have a catnap, he is VERY tired by bed time, but he can do a bit longer than he can during the rest of the day... the trouble is the pay off is a grizzly baby after his bath. :?

Tom also tends to get a second wind from solids, and a bath calms down the grizzles, could you give him supper earlier and then a bath about 6.00 when hes expecting his catnap?

We are trying to shorten the catnap (he now takes 20 mins and use to take 45) on the days he takes it to try and eventually cut it out... that way he still gets a little rest, but is sleepy enough to go to bed at his normal time (7.30) when he was taking 45 mins he wouldnt go to bed before 8.00 at the earliest (and even then he use to grizzle for 20 mins instead of settling down!)

It seems weird to be talking about lessening daytime sleep... I must have posted a thousamnd times trying to get Tom to take MORE daytime sleep :wink:
Alison

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #926 on: January 07, 2006, 15:47:51 pm »
Here is Brock's schedule.  He is 6 1/2 months now.

6:00-wake

7:00-bottle (6oz.)

7:30-8:30-activity

8:30-solids

9:00-nap (usually an hour and a half)

11:00-bottle (6oz.)

11:30-12:30-activity

12:30-solids

1:00-nap (usually harder and shorter between an hour and hour and a half)

3:00-bottle (6oz.)

3:30-5:45-activity (he rarely catnaps anymore but if he does it is usally around 5:00-5:40).  but, I don't enforce the catnap, its kind of a if he falls asleep wherever he is then he does, if not, he doesn't.

5:45-solids

6:00-bath

6:45-bottle (8oz.)

7:30-bedtime

Hope this helps! :)

-Christine

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #927 on: January 07, 2006, 16:27:14 pm »
Our schedule is a little "whatever" at the moment, but it is typically -
Up at 7-7:30
Nursing and solids before naptime
9:30-11 ish naptime (usually shorter)
Nursing and solids
Nap 1:30-3ish - 2-4 is ideal!
Catnap if we are out - about 30-60 minutes sometime between 4-6
Bedtime is 7:30 - sometimes closer to 7 if no catnap
Bath is usually after solids at dinner time - Maybe 6:30ish
It does help stretch him further too

Hope that helps!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #928 on: January 07, 2006, 21:31:18 pm »
Our typical day is this.

Awake between 7:30 and 8am He's usually pretty hungry at this time so we eat right away.  formula and cereal.  I do cereal first then his bottle. Then He goes down around 9:30am for two hours.  Awake around 11:30 for solids and bottle, then activity until 2pm.  Nap again for another 2 hours. 4pm awake for solids and bottle.  At 6pm if he's tired I'll put him down for a catnap, but otherwise, at 7pm he'll have another bottle.  7:30pm is bathtime, then his wind down and in bed by 8pm.

Everything is adjusted by about a half hour either way but that is typically how our days go.  I still do a dreamfeed at around 11pm and in fact some nights he will wake up before I go in.  We aren't taking this out for a while I don't think.

He gets roughly 22-25 ozs of formula and I would estimate a couple of tablespoons of solids per feed.  He seems to be doing well.  Still doesn't like the rice cereal though. 

Hope this helps you sort out your lo.  Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #929 on: January 07, 2006, 23:45:12 pm »
Judy - re your work trying to get you to return early....I know of a woman who was asked to do this and she said the only way she would do it is if she could bring her son to work with her since daycare was an issue for her.  You could ask or ask if you could work from home?  That is of course if YOU want to return to work.

Such a tough choice. We could really use my income but I am determined to take off until May 1.  I am using the time at home to complete my Master's degree. When I return to work, I will only have one course left. It is tough but it will hopefully open more doors for me at work since I work at a University and jobs above me require a Masters.

Abbi has not been napping well the last two days. Not sure if it is teeth or what but morning naps haven't happened and afternoon naps are shorter...

She wakes usually at 7-7:30
Bottle at 7:30am
Solids 8 or 8:15
Nap 9:30 or 9:45 (when she naps usually it is a 1.5 hr nap)
Bottle 11:30
Solids 12
Nap 1:30
Bottle 3:45 ish
Solids 5ish
Bath 6ish
Bed 7 ish

She hasn't been taking catnaps regularly but sometimes she naps around 5:30 for 1/2 hour.

Leslie