Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121894 times)

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #930 on: January 08, 2006, 00:58:24 am »
Hi guys long time no see!!!!

Sorry i have been awol for so long, i have been dealing with a lot of issue in my 'real' life at the moment and going has been tough. I am on meds now for the PPD and i am starting counselling next week so hopefully that will help.

For those of you that started to chat in my absence - hi!! My little man Red is 6 months and a couple weeks old, he was born on 24th June. I also have Ruby who is 2. I have been trying to read all of the pages i have missed and get to know everyone, but i skim read most of it so i doubt it went in!

Bj - Bummer about the RSV :(   :(  When i worked in respiratory paeds we would have the whole ward just full of RSV babies, it stinks. I hope that Cait is doing ok now.

Amy - thanks for the PM, i needed the kick up my backside - didn't know if i was still welcome!!!

Kayna - are you still around here - how is Avery doing?

Jennifer - i keep 'bumping' into you on various threads - seems Caedan and Red are still very alike!! He too is nursing more and more, don't know whether to be pleased or not?? I mean i'm pleased to still be nursing, but sometimes i think we should be past this whole 'eat every 3 hours thing!'

I'll post my schedule tomorrow when i get a minute, as it is late here am i need to sleep!

Its good to be back x x
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #931 on: January 08, 2006, 01:23:19 am »
Clair, yay, you're back!! :D I just started up again since Amy gave me a kick in the pants too. I hadn't posted on this thread for so long I felt a little awkward starting up again. I'm slowly getting to know all the new faces. :wink:

Avery is doing very well. She is being treated for double ear infection and sinus infection and is doing tremendously better. Back to sleeping through the night and good naps during the day.

Still nursing but starting to wean (I selfishly want dairy again and my body back). She started solids a couple weeks ago and is doing good. Seems to enjoy it but could take it or leave it so far.

Our routine is just starting to even out since she was sick and teething for all of December. :roll: This is a very rough description.......

:arrow: 7am wake and nurse
 :arrow: 9am nap
 :arrow: 11am bottle and solids
 :arrow: 1pm nap
 :arrow: 3pm bottle and solids
 :arrow: sometimes cat nap/most of the nap no
 :arrow: 6:30pm bath, nurse, bed.

Of course being the "boss" she likes to shake it up pretty much every day. :roll:  Guess I just go with the flow. As long as she's sleeping through the night I'm happy. :lol:  :lol:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #932 on: January 08, 2006, 02:12:57 am »
Quote from: rooby-rooby-roo
Hi guys long time no see!!!!

Jennifer - i keep 'bumping' into you on various threads - seems Caedan and Red are still very alike!! He too is nursing more and more, don't know whether to be pleased or not?? I mean i'm pleased to still be nursing, but sometimes i think we should be past this whole 'eat every 3 hours thing!'

Oh  I know - we did better today - 3 hours apart all day!
It's an improvement......I guess these boys just love their milk!

Avery's hair is too cute! Love the picture Kayna! :D  :D

How are all the sick little ones doing? RSV any better BJ?
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #933 on: January 08, 2006, 02:17:41 am »
Okay that did help a lot. Thank you everyone! He had been dropping his catnap for about 2 weeks so I fiqured he need to extend his awaketime so he would be up for so long at night. This been going okay with him staying up for about 2.5 hours maybe 3. But then he started this nap strike. So I though he just needs less day sleep. But it is so hard to try to figure out his day.

Today he did go down for two naps both lasting about an hour. He really wasn't too bad cranky wise. Don't get me wrong he was cranky but on his scale cranky it really was nothing. But when he used to take a catnap he still gets really cranky. He won't sleep he just cries/fusses. I am just not sure what to do. Here is his day (allow for 30 minute variation)

wake at 7
Nurses when wakes up, solids an hour later
9:30ish down for nap for 1 hour
10:30 nurse, just started small lunch an hour after bf
12:30-1:30 goes down for second nap last about an hour
2ish eats, solids at 3
around 3:30-4 he starts getting cranky but will not sleep most days.
6 start getting ready for bed,
in bed by 7.

he tired by 6:15 but I really don't want to put him to bed everyday at 6. we just do bath, massage, pjs and bf but he takes forever to bf. That is why it takes an hour.

So from 4-on he is being a bit cranky. But he doesn't fall asleep, even in the car. So I would think his activty time earlier in the day would need to be longer. Most of ya'll are still only having about 2.5  A time. So I am a bit confused. It is easier for him to stay up in the evenings than the morning. Do you think he will get used to staying up longer in the evenings?

Sorry to hijack the thread, I just wanted your input. 

Thanks for your help ladies. Hope everyone is well.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #934 on: January 08, 2006, 02:40:48 am »
Thanks you guys for asking about Cait.  We are on the road to recovery thank goodness.  Still having issues with taking a bottle, but I can handle that a bit better since she is at least eating a whole jar of solids...So I am thinking that with what  formula she is taking and the water from the solids, we should be okay where dehydration is concerned.  She was back to her "normal" self today, but you can tell her tummy is a bit out of whack.  And her poo.....let's not EVEN go there.  :roll:  :wink:

And as I posted a couple of posts ago, Cait isnt' on a schedule right now because of being sick, and it just occured to me that Dh is only home 1 week out of the next 3, so that pretty much blows all of January out of the water for any kind of "normalcy".  Oh well.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #935 on: January 08, 2006, 03:18:47 am »
I am glad Cait is better. I am sorry to ask but what do your husband do? Gone for 3 weeks?  :shock:  Hugs to you girl! You are amazing!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #936 on: January 08, 2006, 03:29:18 am »
He's a cop.  He has just joined the Hostage Negotiations Team, and is going to training and then home a week and then off to some sort of competition type thing.

But earlier this week, after much debate and conversation, we have decided NOT to put in for the new K-9 position coming open.  As much as I want him to pursue all of the things he wants to do in law enforcement, I am kinda relieved that he is not doing this one.  It would require 4 months in UTAH.....that is 4 months of Cait's life that he will never get back.  Luckily, he knows this (I am not  a nagging wife, I dont' harp) and was not willing to do that for so long away from ALL of us.  So.....I dodged the bullet on that one.   :wink:  (yes, pun intended!!  LOL)

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #937 on: January 08, 2006, 04:21:11 am »
Welcome back Claire!  We missed you!
BJ, soooooooooooooooooo glad that Cait is better and that dh isn't going to be missing so much!

Will post more tomorrow. Luke's having a rough night.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #938 on: January 08, 2006, 14:12:13 pm »
Rooby rooby roo, glad your back.  I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time of it with PPD.  I hope all goes well with the meds and you are back to your old self soon. 

Just wanted to post quickly.... Jordon's currently awake and kicking me in the side while he plays with his toys.  Last night was a bad night sleepwise, he kept waking up and needed us to resettle.  He's moving around a lot in bed and this morning when I went in, he was on his stomach, and probably a little confused as to how he got there.  This is the first time he's done that!  Woohoo, another milestone. Check that one off the list!

Hope everyone has a good day.  We're off to celebrate Ukranian Christmas with my Dad today....Thank goodness, the last Holiday event.  Phew..!

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #939 on: January 08, 2006, 14:57:27 pm »
I don't know what was wrong with Luke last night.  He cried and cried and cried until 10:30 or so when he FINALLY made it to sleep.  He woke up at 6 for a bottle and went right back to sleep and is still sleeping at 9.  The boy is usually getting ready for a nap at this time, so who knows how today will go.  I wonder what is wrong with him.  He doesnt' usually scream like that.  We gave him Tylenol, Gas Drops, ear drops, and baby Orajel.  I don't know what else to do when he is that upset.  I just know that something was hurting or he wouldn't have been screaming quite like that.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #940 on: January 08, 2006, 16:01:42 pm »
Probably the tylenol worked wonders for him.  You know that when they go through these growth spurts they can "grow" an inch literally overnight.  That has to hurt, I would imagine.  You may not know exactly what the deal is, but just keep hugging him.  I know it is hard.  Stupidly, last night I went and flipped Cait from her tummy to her back.....yeah....an hour and a half later, I finally got her back to sleep after giving her  a bottle and then against my better judgement, went ahead and put her down on her tummy again.  Guess that will teach me to leave sleeping babies lie.   :roll:  :roll:  What was I thinking?  I got incredibly frustrated with her, called dh and snapped at him and was generally not a jolly person to be around.  Probably best he was at work.  So...lesson learned.

So who else has tummy sleepers?  Please tell me this is okay. I dont' want anything to happen to her. :cry:

bj

Brandy-

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #941 on: January 08, 2006, 16:26:49 pm »
Bj- I have a friend who's baby sleeps on tummy and I think it is fine. They are past the age where SIDS is a huge concern and once they have can roll over and have a mind of there own, there is no stopping them :) My friend can't keep her baby on her back at all the minute she is put in her crib.

And her baby is so far ahead of her time... has been crawling for a month now, is beginning to pull herself up in the crib... you would think you are looking at a 9-10 mo. old, she is pretty amazing. I can't believe it when I watch her knowing she is eight days younger than Jake. Jake seems pretty inactive compared to her, but I'm glad 'cause I am not sure I am ready for it!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #942 on: January 08, 2006, 16:46:53 pm »
Thanks Jennifer.  I am starting to wonder if "bumponalogitis" is hereditary, because Ryan had it when he was  a baby and Cait doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry to do anything either.  :roll:

I think she would be happier if she could move around and get into trouble.  :D (like her brother)

Amy!!!!!  The kids are 7 months on TUESDAY!!!!!!   :shock:  :shock:

Guess I better start thinking of first bday plans.  I have to start WAY in advance, especially with all we have going on.  :roll:

ohohohohohohohoh...I think I already have the theme!!!  woohoo...LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!  Dont' even start yelling at me for starting to plan.  I have a lot of fun doing this.  BUT....I am NOT one of "those" mothers that goes way over the top.  I dont' have to since we have so much family that we pretty much just serve lunch and everyone else does the entertaining.  :)  I keep things pretty low key....no pony rides and balloon clowns here.  :)

bj

Brandy-

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #943 on: January 08, 2006, 17:33:26 pm »
Owen rolls over, so half the time he sleeps on his tummy and the other half on his back.  I figure, if he's strong enough to roll over, I'm not goign to stress over it.

My schedule is never the same.  i follow all his cues, but he's angel and is pretty textbook in his naps, etc.  Sometimes we do the cat nap, sometimes we don't.  He naps about 4 hours a day.  But maybe that's why he's a late sleeper.... still not too sure.

The past 4 nights he has slept through the night.  Well, we still do the df and he has woken up 3 of the nights at weird times, but has put himself back to sleep.  I am sooooo happy!  I think it will take a few days for my breasts to realize they don't need milk for around 5am!!!!  lol
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #944 on: January 08, 2006, 18:11:07 pm »
Tom sleeps on his side... often he wont go to sleep on his back, or wakes in the night frrustrated because he cant get onto his side properly, so i often put him down on his side. :?  HV said this was fine (and so is tummy sleep now) as long as he can move possition if he gets too hot etc.,  I worry about it sometimes, but need him to get a good nights sleep and this is the only way!! :wink:
Alison