Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121060 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #960 on: January 10, 2006, 03:30:11 am »
Have you tried putting vaseline on his bottom to keep the poo from sticking and macking it all raw and chapped.  Just something my DH mentioned.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #961 on: January 10, 2006, 03:34:35 am »
Adria - I love the college of pictures......too cute!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #962 on: January 10, 2006, 11:29:10 am »
Glad to hear its not just Tom who can be a bit funny with other, I guess it must just be a phase if so many babies are doing it, hopefully they'll grow out of it soon!

Poor Luke and cait, it sounds like there illnesses are really draging on. I agree that you should follow your instincts about seeing a doctor. My doctor says shed rater be bothered with something simple, than something majour be missed because a parent is worried to bother the doc.
Alison

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #963 on: January 10, 2006, 12:26:45 pm »
Hey guys! Sorry I was absent for a while but we went on a little clandestine vacation!  I'm going to sit and read all the post I've missed but just wanted to drop by and say hi!

Anywhooo, in the past 2 weeks Santiago has....

*completely sat up by himself and get into a sitting position from his tummy

*begun to crawl ( he'll only take 1 or 2 steps )

*gotten his first tooth!

The latter was great because he showed no signs of teething until he bit me!! No fussing, no crying, it was heaven!

OOOHHH! I almost forgot, he also got cast for a Nokia commercial!  :D

Me on the other hand....grrrrr.....gained lots of holiday weight and can't seem to get myself back on track with eating healthy.  :evil:

Ok, I'm off to read the posts
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #964 on: January 10, 2006, 12:57:12 pm »
Amy, so sorry to hear about Luke.  My thoughts are on the little guy.

So many sick little babies... it breaks my heart.

Who was the mom who was on the Mom Show?  I just saw it today and they were dancing doing hte salsa, etc.  I thought a mom on here said they were on that episode.  Was it Judy?

Adria, the picture is adorable.  You  must be a computer genious.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #965 on: January 10, 2006, 13:37:15 pm »
We use Aquaphor at EVERY diaper change, but the diarrhea from the Augmentin was poo that packed a punch.  Now we're using stuff in his bath three times a day called Domeboro soak.  It's found near the hemrhoid (I know I spelled that wrong) items.  We're also using Boudreaux Butt Paste....it's the best stuff we've found...until the redness goes away and then we'll be back on the Aquaphor.

He's in the living room right now playing and singing.  I feel silly staying home with such a happy baby, but to tell you the truth, I really don't care.  Last night and this morning when I went into his room, he grabbed be by the face with both hands and put my face in his mouth.  I know he's kissing me.  It's so funny and my heart completely melts everytime.  Who knew I'd fall so in love with a bald, toothless (except for two), slobbering man  :wink:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #966 on: January 10, 2006, 14:04:08 pm »
Rebeca - That's great about Santiago getting a commercial.  We've thought about doing the same sort of stuff with our lo, but everytime I see a commercial where the baby has to cry, "I think, What are they doing to the baby to make him cry for the shot?"    Good luck with the shoot, and congrats on all of the new developements in his life.

Daisy - It was another show I was supposed to be on (it fell through, long story) but that is the lady who teaches my salsa babies class.  I have been on the mom show as well, but it was on an episode where we talk about having sex during pregnancy, and no sex after.... (my mom was so proud to see her daughter on national television talking about her sex life)...=)

To luke and Caits moms- boy do I hope your lo's are feeling better soon.  So sad to hear about them being sick. =(

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #967 on: January 10, 2006, 14:29:15 pm »
Have any of you ever seen WHITE poo?  I just did.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #968 on: January 10, 2006, 15:09:32 pm »
Nope.....never seen any here.....and I have seen lots of poo!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #969 on: January 10, 2006, 15:37:47 pm »
(shaking my head....what has our life come to, we are talking about poo? And what color it is.... :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :roll:  :D  :lol:  :wink: )

Someone has Caitnapped my Cait and left a monster in her place.   :evil: 

Post later.

b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2006, 15:39:56 pm »
Brandy, I am sorry, but I know exactly how you feel.  Luke SCREAMS when I put him in his crib.  I guess that's what I get for thinking "Separation anxiety?  Not my kid!"  :roll: Yesterday dh picked Luke up from daycare and I met them at the doctor's office.  When I got there he was so excited to see me.  Well, when I had to go to the bathroom, you would have thought that I just told him that I was leaving forever.  Poor kid had a total melt-down!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #971 on: January 10, 2006, 16:38:10 pm »
okay...well that makes me feel 100% better that someone else is going through the same thing.  We had a HORRIFIC night last night.  I am embarrased by my behaviour last night.  You would have thought I had definitely stepped off the deep end.  I was having a temper tantrum like my four year old.  :roll:  :oops: I just want some sleep.  It does NOT help that dh is gone till Thursday nor that AF will be here tomorrow.  I have all kinds of things going against me. :cry:

So...now all I have to figure out is Cait waking in the night due to the binky, the antibiotics or still having side affects from the RSV?  And if it IS the binky, I need to break that NOW, just not sure how.  :shock:   

Oh if it isnt' one thing, it is another.  And for the heck of it, let's throw a housewarming party on Saturday  :D  :roll:  :shock:

bj

Brandy-

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #972 on: January 10, 2006, 16:40:09 pm »
Happy 7 Months, Luke and Cait!!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2006, 16:54:53 pm »
Man, and I thought I was busy!
I just put Luke in his crib because he yawned three times and he SCREAMED and SCREAMED.  Makes a girl feel like a bad mama, but now he's sleeping.

Happy 7 months to Luke and Cait!  And isn't it superman's 6 month b-day?

Here's Luke's seven month pic.  God, I love that kid.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #974 on: January 10, 2006, 17:29:05 pm »
first off- AMY-OMG...Luke is the cutest thing ever!  I LOVE that outfit! So sorry to hear he is still not feeling well!

On the not feeling well part...Brock is MISERABLE!  I know I am going to sound like a big baby myself but if any of you have ever seen your lo's projectile vomit, you know how I feel!  :(  :(  :(

I got a call from my Mom yesterday at about 3:00 saying I should come home because he just vomited everywhere...I thought, "oh, grandma, he probably just had a lot of spit up and it felt like he threw up," but of course I still went right home.  OH, BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!!  When I walked in the door, and walked up the stairs, there was vomit EVERYWHERE! My Mom looked like she was the head coach of a football team and had just been drenched with a bucket of water!  He proceeded to vomit 3 more times in 2 hours.  I called the doctor and he said give him pedialite and keep monitoring him.  Oh, gee, thanks for the advice, doc!  Did you think I was just going to drop him off at a babysitters and go out drinking for the night?!  I swear, sometimes doctors are more annoying than helpful.

So...anyway, enough of my complaining, Brock last vomited at about 6:00 last night and he had his morning bottle and solids with no problem so far.  Hopefully the worst is over.  The weirdest part was he didn't have a fever and pretty much didn't act bothered by it except whle it was happeneing and right after because he was so scared...SO SAD!!!  It is a very scary thing, watching your helpless little baby vomit so much and so harshly!  :(

I hope there are very few moms out there that have experienced this and if you haven't yet, I will pray that you don't ever (at least until they are old enough to know what is going on and that it will eventually get better).

Well...I am sure that brightened everyones day   :wink:   I just needed a place to vent about how sad it made me.  thanks for listening!

-Christine