Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122064 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #945 on: January 08, 2006, 18:53:37 pm »
Bj, Luke sleeps on his belly...will NOT sleep on his back.  We just put him down on his tummy.  We don't even bother with putting him on his back.  He's slept that way since September.

Don't worry.  We've already started thinking about Luke's birthday, too.  We're going to do it at my parent's house.  That's a nine hour drive, but by then he'll face the front and maybe we can listen to Baby Einstein for nine hours  :shock:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #946 on: January 08, 2006, 19:21:07 pm »
Hello, Ladies!

Brock is a tummy sleeper too.  We have been putting him on his tummy since he was 8 weeks old!  SCARY!  However, he is perfectly fine and always has been.  Just like Amy, we don't even put him down on his back anymore, he goes right down on his tummy.

Also...it might relieve you to know thta the risk of SIDS decreases by 70% when they turn 6 months.

It is the first sunny, not rainy day in months here in Northern California, so I am taking my little bundle to the park.  We might try the swings for the first time  :)

Have a great day!
-christine and brock

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #947 on: January 09, 2006, 04:40:45 am »
Jency has awlays slept on his tummy.  Now though he can roll and so he puts him self to sleep how ever is most comfortable at that time.  Some nights it's on his side, others his back and some on his tummy.  I lay him on his tummy when I lay him down and then he gets himself comfortable with his blanky.

Have you guys ever read any articles on mattress wrapping and SIDS?
Here is a link http://www.cotdeathprevention.com/Frequently%20As.html.  I just thought it made a lot of sense.  I didn't know if it was factual or not so I did some research and sure enough it is true.  You can look it up and do some research as well.  So when we get Jency a crib we are going to get one of those mattress covers.  Right now I don't even worry about the possibility of SIDS.  Never have since he sleeps in the play pen and not on a mattress.

Jency's routine:

7:30ish Up and Nurse
8:30ish Cereal and fruit (3-4oz)
9:45ish Nap till around 11:15
11:30ish Nurse
12:00ish Veggies (2-3oz)
1:30ish Nap till around 3:00
3:30ish Nurse and puffs
5:00ish cat nap
5:30ish Veggies and Fruit (4oz)
7:00ish bath, massage, pjs
7:30ish Nurse
8:00ish Bed

I want to lengthen his awake time to 3 hours and take out his cat nap!  Maybe try to make his last nap 2 hours as well or both naps 1 hour and 45 min!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #948 on: January 09, 2006, 08:38:24 am »
Has anyone elses babies started crying at grandparents etc? Tom use to smile and giggle at anyone, but now he crys when my dad or my inlaws visit everytime he even looks at them. My Dad lives down in Oxford and sees him once a month when he comes up to visit, and is convinced Tom doesnt like him any more! My MIL jokes about it, but i think it uipsets her a bit, as all her other (6) Grandchildren never had a problem wirth her and were just scaired of Phils dad (who is ok with it as hes use to it!!).

Tom does calm down and go to them after about 15 mins (takes him about a day to get aclimatised to my Dad who he sees less often) and hes fine withother mums at mother and baby group, and strangers who coo at him on the street!

Im hoping as he gets older he'll start to recognise his grandparents and not cry any more, what do you think? :?
Alison

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #949 on: January 09, 2006, 14:38:14 pm »
Jency didthat at Christmas.  We hadn't seen my parent's since THanksgiving and then they came for Christmas.  He was okay for like hours and I was there and everything.  But then all of a sudden he looked at my mom and started screaming.  I was still there though.  I have no idea what happened.  But then the next weekend we saw them and as soon as they came in he started smiling and then this weekend we saw them and he was completely fine.  I think seeing them 3 weekends in a row helped.  But now I don't know when we will see them again and I'm afraid he will do it again.  It broke my moms heart!  I think I will start getting pictures of them all out!

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #950 on: January 09, 2006, 20:07:07 pm »
As we don't see grandparents very often because of where we live, I can relate in the way of close friends.  My best friend can't hold him anymore.  I'm not sure what happened, but he freaks everytime she tries to.  He seems to go to anyone else, but her.

Also a little funny story.  I am a bit of a potty mouth and so is dh.  We decided that when ds is 6 months old we have to clean it up.  Now, it's getting close to the 6 month mark so it's been on my mind.  Well, didn't I have a dream last night that the little one was saying some first words and what did I hear?....  you guessed it, the worst one it could be!  Guess we may start a little earlier now.  lol

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #951 on: January 09, 2006, 20:12:56 pm »
My BIL's first word was sh*t and now he's a minister....so, I guess there's hope for everyone  :wink:
We are going back to the pedi this afternoon.  Luke is not taking his bottles and is screaming bloody murder at night when we put him down.  His little butt is raw, and I know that is from the antibiotics, but I am afraid that there something more that is wrong.  He has always been good about taking his bottles and now I can't get him to take more than 2 oz at a time.  He doesn't get fussy, he just refuses to take them.  As much liquid poo as he's been shooting out (ah, glorious antibiotics!) he needs the fluids!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #952 on: January 09, 2006, 20:41:37 pm »
oh Amy!!!  I am so sorry.  Sounds as though Cait and Luke need to be crib mates.  She is being an absolute WITCH to put down for naps and bedtime.  I am going insane because of it.  Let us know what the dr says!!!

b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2006, 20:58:50 pm »
It's just so frustrating.   I think that some people think that I am making all of this stuff up.  He's been at the doctor's office so many times in the last (almost  :shock: ) seven months.  I know that all the stomach stuff was undiagnosed reflux, but the allergies, the ear infections....sometimes I wonder if I overreact, and my sister-in-law (who happens to be a pediatric nurse at Children's Hospital in Dallas) just reassured me that I am on the ball.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #954 on: January 09, 2006, 21:28:21 pm »
You must always go with your gut instinct, very seldom will it lead you wrong.  Plus YOU are your child's advocate, you are HIS voice, so protect your child.  And if you dont' like the treatment, diagnosis you are given, get a second opnion.  You never know when it could turn into something more dire than a simple ear infection.  (by no way am I belittling an ear infection, I know what a pain in the arse they are.  :roll: )

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #955 on: January 09, 2006, 22:16:09 pm »
Good to know I am not a lunatic.  Both ears are STILL infected.  They've taken him off the Augmentin b/c his butt looks like it was run over a cheese grater.  He only took 5 oz total from his bottles today.  Thank goodness for bananas and squash.  He ate all of his solids.  They recommended something called Dumboro (sp?) Soak.  So, Luke will get two or three baths tomorrow with that and hopefully it will help his little hiney.

I am staying home with him tomorrow and if people don't like it they can kiss my %@&.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #956 on: January 09, 2006, 22:22:08 pm »
POOR BABY!!!!!  My heart breaks for him.  :cry:   They dont' understand why they feel like this, poor guy!! 

Yes, thank goodness they are on solids, if it weren't for that, Cait would be starving daily. She does NOT like taking her bottle while her ear is  infected.  I would imagine it does hurt to swallow, or to put that kind of pressure on their ears with the whole sucking on a bottle and swallowing milk all while trying to breathe.  You know....being a baby isn't all it's cracked up to be.   :wink:

Hope he feels better soon. 

bj

Brandy-

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #957 on: January 09, 2006, 23:34:17 pm »
Aww Amy, lots of kisses for Luke :cry:  :cry:  Hope he feels better soon x x x
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #958 on: January 10, 2006, 00:35:32 am »
Caeden's still doing pretty good with others......unless he is hungry or really tired then he just wants me. Occassionally he has "requested" mama with a cry but he is usually good.

he is scooting all over now, crawling can't be too far behind! He gets up on all fours and rocks.

gotta go - he is crying -
hope all are feeling better!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #959 on: January 10, 2006, 03:26:26 am »
Por Luke and Cait!!  I feel so bad for them!  I'll be praying for them!!