Author Topic: Yay - sorry new post..  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Baby Nanny

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Me and my Angel - 6 weeks old
    • Nanny Network
Yay - sorry new post..
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:20:31 am »
..couldn't find the old one to add to.

Nap went well today.  Yay.  Today, Thomas (15 months today) started yawning half an hour before his 'usual' naptime of 11am (4 hrs after wake-up).  So, we went upstairs, took off his shoes, washed his face then into his bedroom.  I put him straight into his cot (I usually put him on the couch so we can read together for a few minutes and sit quietly and cuddle till he starts to get drowsy, but there was stuff there) whilst I closed the curtains and switched on the music and humidifier.  Instead of screaming and crying, he lay down.  So I tucked him in, gave him his dummy and teddy and he closed his eyes.  Not a peep!  I didn't even have to stay there till he was asleep which is what I did yesterday.  I left as his eyes were drooping.

I am so proud and my bosses' secretary was amazed because with mum and dad he cries and fusses EVERY time he goes down to nap and has to be held by them till fast asleep.  Pity my bosses weren't here to see it!

Just had to let you know
Sarah
Very Proud Nanny :)

Offline Baby Nanny

• Showing Appreciation 1
    • Nanny Network
Yay - sorry new post..
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 09:56:06 am »
He did it again today  :lol:
We had our usual stories, quick cuddle and into his cot wide awake.  Fell asleep within 2 mins whilst I tidied away his books.
Momboss has also reported an improvement on nighttime sleeping!!

Offline 15milner

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 211
Yay - sorry new post..
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 17:39:24 pm »
Way to go... perhaps they will finally start listening to the things that you know works best for you and 'teach' them how to help their lo go to sleep.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it carries on.

A

Offline Baby Nanny

• Showing Appreciation 1
    • Nanny Network
Yay - sorry new post..
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 10:30:41 am »
Well, today went well again.  Read stories, into his cot, a bit of a back and face rub and his eyes became drowsy so I busied myself in his bedroom for a minute or 2 picking up books and straigtening toys and then left.
He isn't crying or fussing at all now for naps. 
Tx for all your support ladies

Sarah

Offline Baby Nanny

• Showing Appreciation 1
    • Nanny Network
Yay - sorry new post..
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 15:43:20 pm »
Hello again ladies

Thought you should know that T has been sleeping really well for me with the occasional hiccup (usually when he is getting sickor something is bothering him, not too often though :) )
He has started sleeping better for mum but dad is convinced I need to come in on the weekends to pu him down for naps. T will sleep about 1hr 20 - 40 mins each day which is great for him.
We now have 6 months in which to get him sleeping through the night (  :evil:  mom still gives him a bottle) and get him potty trained fully because mom is 8 weeks preggie! 

Tx for all your help

Sarah