Author Topic: Awake time for 4 month old??  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Lindy Loo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • DS Jun 2005, DD Dec 2008
Awake time for 4 month old??
« on: October 10, 2005, 21:46:08 pm »
Hi there

I am paranoid that I've let things slip .. my DS is 15 weeks old and his awake time is only about 1hr - 1hr 30 mins between 45 min naps. His longest awake time is before bedtime when I can keep him occupied for a couple of hours or more.

During his activity he seems to have a span of attention for only about 10 minutes per item (gym, chair etc) whereas about 4 weeks ago it seemed he could go for longer.   He also shouts if he can't see or hear me after about 5 minutes.
Is this attention span just due to growing curiosity or am I doing something wrong?? How can I extend his independent play??

I am a single mum and he has recently become VERY aware of me even though other family members are around to assist.  I love his love of me but don't want him to become clingy or worse feel abandoned when I go back to work in the new year.

Sorry if I sound wet .. just feel its time to stop "winging" it!!

Lin

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 01:18:07 am »
My DD does not have a good attention span either, she is 4 months. These are her awake times - morning - about 1 25min, middle of day - 1 45 min, afternoon - 1 30 min, before bed - approx 1 45min.

I have noticed so much change in DD in the last 2 weeks, it is amazing the things she can now play with and grab.

We have one toy that she sits in and has toys all around it that she loves, we are also about to buy her a jolly jumper. I think she gets bored easy so i am trying to find things to amuse her.

Usually in the middle of the day we go for a trip to the shops or park.