ACTIVITY > E.A.S.Y. Forum

EASY problem with sleeping and eating...

<< < (2/2)

Onewoman:
Yes, I agree with you. Wait til he is hungry before feeding him, even if that is just before his sleep so he takes a good feed. But I would try really hard to wake him a little before you put him down, so he is not falling asleep feeding. Then when you have sorted out the snacking and he is having good feeds, bring the feeds forward gradually by 15 mins a time over a period of weeks.

I don't have exactly the same problem as you, but my dd has a feed at around 4/5 am and then is not hungry at 6.30 when she gets up. The rest of the day is ok though. I have been leaving her 45 minutes after wake up to eat and trying to reduce the amount she has at 5am. Most of the time we actually do, A, E, A, S, which works ok with us.

Well done on getting your son sleeping well, it can be such hard work! :D

zelda:
we tried waiting about an hour until after he woke up yesterday and the whole day was great.  he lasted four hours between feeds for the first time ever.  (!!!)

unfortunately, he's gone back to 45min naps and won't go back down, for some reason, so were still in the trenches this week.

thanks for your help, i'm sure your suggestion is the right way to go for us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version