Author Topic: Nap problems - help!  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Nap problems - help!
« on: July 27, 2005, 15:33:28 pm »
Hello,

My lo, having been a great sleeper (sleeps thru the night & two 2 hour naps a day) has suddenly started having problems napping. Before, he used to wake after 2 hours with a smile on his face, but has recently started waking after 45 mins, crying, and having to be soothed back to sleep. I swear I'm not doing anything differently.

Just wondering why this could be happening. Anyone any ideas?

(BTW - to get to sleep, he is swaddled, I pat/SSH, and the air conditioning unit has to be on for the noise :roll:  - but that is just the same as when he would sleep for 2 hours)

Caroline
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
Nap problems - help!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 18:38:46 pm »
is she on a 3 or 4 hour EASY?
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Nap problems - help!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 11:13:05 am »
Although we do follow EASY, I've never been religious about watching the clock, but nap times are usually (after getting up about 6.30am) 10.30am - 12.30pm / 2.30pm - 3.30pm or 3.45pm / 6pm - 7pm. Bedtime 8.30pm.

This has not changed, but his ability to nap seems to have. He's easily soothed back to sleep at 45 mins, but I'd love him to be able to do it himself like he used to.

Caroline
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Nap problems - help!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 16:34:33 pm »
When i read your post and thought of this thread -

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/help-4-month-old-acting-very-strangely-vt37480.html

I think you all are experiencing the same things.

I can only say again when we hit that stage it was a gradual increase in A time that was the problem. (see the thread for more on my post).

PS: If following Tracy's work, then your LO should be on 4hr EASY and a routine like EASY will really help his body figure out what to expect.  They can't tell time, so need a routine to help them out.  It's not clock watching, it's giving them the ability to know what comes next in ther day.

Hope that helps,

Gigismom

Nap problems - help!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 18:54:30 pm »
i agree, try lengthening the a time and see what happens.