Author Topic: ROLLING OVER!  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Gweet31

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
ROLLING OVER!
« on: July 27, 2005, 16:28:14 pm »
And waking himself up!!!  For the past week he's been doing this at about 3am and continues to do it until he's up for the day.  I go in and pat his back...not 5 mins later he's schootin around in there, flips over and cries.  When do they learn to flip back??? It's getting old!  :)
Rita :)

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
ROLLING OVER!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 23:37:33 pm »
Depends on the kid!  :D With my dd, when this was waking her up over and over and over and over again  :shock: I started practicing rolling during the day with a vengeance!  Took a few weeks for it to get ironed out though!
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline rachelle

• Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
ROLLING OVER!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 02:09:15 am »
yes, as erin said it could last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.  The important thing is that you don't start any accidental parenting or habits that have to be broken later on.

Also, at that age, I found that I had to TIGHTLY swaddle my dd to help her sleep.  It helped SO much, and I recommend it to everyone!
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 02:19:00 am »
My ds just started rolling over at night about a week ago as well!  I let him get in as much "rolling" practice as he can during the day.  He can roll over back to front, and front to back.  Of course, I place him down on his back to go to sleep, and if he's not sleepy enough, he immediately tries to roll to his tummy.   :roll:   

It's funny, cause my ds goes to bed at 8 p.m., and almost like clockwork about 3 a.m. rolls around, and he flips to his tummy.  After a few days of him fussing about, and eventually crying, and me going back to flip him back over, he has finally figured out that he can put his head down, tuck that thumb in, and fall back asleep!    It takes him a good 10 or 15 minutes to situate himself though, and he will occasionally cry out during this time, but not go to all out crying.  He eventually settles himself.  Now that he seemingly has it figured out at night, we're working on him figuring this out during his naptime too!

I still swaddle my ds when I put him down, and as tight as I can.  He has his one arm out so he can suck his thumb, and when he does flip over, he has worked his other arm out as well.  But I think the swaddle helps him get to sleep.

Stick with it!  It has to stop at some point, that's what I keep telling myself anyway!   :lol: