Author Topic: baby waking 30-45 mins after put to bed?  (Read 2133 times)

Gigismom

baby waking 30-45 mins after put to bed?
« on: July 28, 2005, 02:30:21 am »
anyone else having this problem?  she wakes 30-45 mins after put to bed.  sometimes, she goes right back to sleep.  other times, it takes me an hour to get her back to sleep.  also, she sometimes wakes multiple times between bedtime and around 11 pm.  i usually don't have to pick up, she will calm when she sees me, but cries when i walk away.  what is going on?  anyone have a solution?  (we give her motrin at night as she is teething, but this has been going on sice way before the teeth)

Offline vbisa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 06:50:38 am »
Hi,

I had a similar problem with my little one, and this is what I did:

During naps, I did not go to him unless he was crying (at which point I would go in and do pat/shh and walk out again, then wait 5 mins, then do the same, then wait 10 mins, etc). 

I would also look at how long you are keeping him up and how long your wind down time is - he might be awake too long or overstimulated (hence he can go to sleep but then pops up again).

He wakes up since 30-45 mins is one sleep cycle for a baby, so when he comes into a light sleep he wakes himselfup.  He needs to learn how to get himself back to sleep.  This is hard, but I have to say from personal experience that the sooner you let (teach) him to get himself back to sleep the better it will be.