Author Topic: 10 Month Old wakes up hourly or not  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Pixie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
10 Month Old wakes up hourly or not
« on: July 26, 2005, 11:30:23 am »
Hi there,

I really am at a loose end, and have no idea how to fix the problem. My DS goes to sleep between 18h30-19h00 he then can wake up from 01h00 to 06h00 hourly or two hourly or not at all. Because it is not at the same time every night I can't do the wake to sleep solution. We have just gone through 1 week of completely sleepless nights because his top eye teeth were coming through. Then he slept beautifully for 2 nights till 06h00, then the 3rd night woke up (not completely though) for his dummy which I gave back to him and went straight back to sleep. The 4th Night he woke up in 1 hour 3 times - so we gave him a bottle of which he drank about 100ml. Then last night he woke up 01h00 and would'nt go back to sleep for the whole hour and wanted to play. We gave him some milk but had about 2/3 sips. I really don't know what to as his day time naps are like clockwork. This is his schedule during the day:

06h00 - bottle 200 mls
08h00 - breakfast cereal and fruit
09h00 - 11h00 - sleep
12h00 - lunch veggies and meat and a yoghurt
14h30 - bottle 150mls
15h30 - 16h30 - sleep
17h00 - dinner veggies and fruit
18h30 - bottle 200mls
after bottle - story bed

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know if this would also help - he has always been a sporadic sleeper - some nights he oes through, other nights he can wake up between once a night or every hour.

Thanks in advance
Kate
xx

Offline rachelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:37:58 am »
I'm not too sure what to tell you.  you're days look great.  Since it's so sporadic, the only thing I can think of is that maybe he just needs a chance to resettle himself during the nite.  When he wakes, is he crying?  Or is he quiet or fussing?  As long as he is not crying, try to let him get himself back to sleep.  Rushing to his rescue could enforce the waking

HTH
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06

Offline Pixie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 08:22:21 am »
Hi there,

Thanks for your response....  :D I did think that I could be rushing in to his rescue - but if I don't get up quick enough then he could stay awake for up to an hour as I have tried to let him settle himself before and he just wakes himself up completely. He is not a baby that cries  - only if he falls really badly. So he does grizzle and this is how he cries to let me know what he wants.

Good news is that we have bought him a sleeping blanket (it is middle of winter here) and for the last two nights he seems to have only woken up for a minute or so before going back to sleep - so maybe he was cold.

Any other suggestions are would be great though.

Thanks
Kate

Offline tomato

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 06:23:01 am »
hello pixie, my 7 mth baby is somewhat the same. she goes to bed and two hours later she will be waking countless times until 5am.  Something must be wrong with her. do you think they are overstimulated? or overtired perhaps for the past 2 weeks?