Author Topic: DD hates fruit  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Kinlagh's Folks

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Toronto, Canada (I'm back baby!)
DD hates fruit
« on: July 29, 2005, 14:41:15 pm »
I know this may be out of the ordinary, but dd loves cereal and veggies (4 so far) but hates fruit.  I'm not making any of my own but the bottled fruit seems too sour for her.  I am trying to feed her fruit after her breakfast cereal and after her lunch veggies.  Is it possible that she's just too full to give it a fair shot?  Should I be feeding her fruit first at a meal instead?

Did this happen with anyone else?
Michelle

Proud mommy to Kinlagh Emilie
Born 19/01/2005

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
DD hates fruit
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 18:06:38 pm »
Hi Michelle,
Maybe you could try home made pear puree mixed with baby rice for breakfast some mornings instead of cereal and once you get to a snack in the afternoon stage or evening meal you can try any fruit puree with natural yougurt. My dd would eat pear and melon with baby rice, only tiny bits. Now she is 10 months old and after lunch and dinner has fruit and yougurt, we switch between melon, pear, mango, apricot and plum at the moment, the last 2 she only took to in the last few months. I also add melon or pear to her cereal before adding the milk, disguises it well but gives nice sweet taste  :P
Fiona
Mom to Leah 23/09/04

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
DD hates fruit
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 02:29:27 am »
Hi there

Our ds didn't like the fruits much either as they were too sour for him as well.  If you make your own they will be less sour, or look at the labels and find any of the fruits that don't have ascorbic acid added (some don't) and they tend to be much more mild.  Good Luck :D
Julie

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
DD hates fruit
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 02:33:44 am »
You could try mixing it in the cereal and see if you get a better result.  My ds still likes veg better than fruit.

Offline mum of 2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • South Wales, UK
DD hates fruit
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 08:02:15 am »
I also find that my dd doesnt like fruit from a jar much (its so bitter isnt it).  I either add a small amount to her porridge in the morning or cereal, another thing you can do is like the lady above said, add some to a petit filou or natural yoghurt.  I also think that if you make your own puree its not as acidy and that may be a good idea to.  Sometimes I add a small amount of fruit puree to a rusk that ive pre mixed with either formula milk or cool boiled water.  This way your child gets the goodness of the fruit but doesnt gag because its too acidy.  The faces my dd pulls when I first tried her on apple and pear from a jar were worth filming and sending off to a candid camera tv programme.  haha its all fun and games isnt it.  x

Another thing you can try is adding a little puree to some baby rice? 

good luck and keep us posted
mum of 2 (3 if you include my partner)