Author Topic: Help! Nearly 8 Months and feeding gone all over the place!!  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Uzma Moody

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Pulling my hair out with my little girl. I have 4 children under 6 she is my baby and it has all gone wrong she messes about with food jaming her mouth shut and I then get all stressed, she is still waking 1-2 a night for a bottle .Does anyone have any advice on how to establish a routine for her eating as she is having lots of formula 30 oz a day!!! I am so desperate and feel such a failure!!!

Offline mum of 2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • South Wales, UK
Help! Nearly 8 Months and feeding gone all over the place!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 15:13:44 pm »
hi, firstly I have to say that you are not a failure, just a worried mum.  As your LO is having plenty of milk when she/he wakes for a feed in the night why dont you offer cool boiled water.  After a few nights of waking for that then your LO will give up and should sleep through.  The other thing is to fill your LO up on solids in the day and maybe a bath with lavender and camomile at night and a baby massage before the last bottle before going to bed.  This will all relax your baby and may help.  I hope so anyway.
mum of 2 (3 if you include my partner)

Offline Uzma Moody

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 16:20:15 pm »
many Thanks will try the bath oils and water any ideas for food she only seems to like fromage frais and rusks!!!!

Offline Gabe's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 0
feeding issues
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 21:31:38 pm »
Hey there,

My son was doing the same thing and I was scared to death that he was not getting enough as well.  I am still nursing and he would refuse the breast which is something he had never done.  We soon figured out that he had 6 teeth coming in all at the same time so nursing drinking was painful.  We also started increasing the solid foods during the day and giving him some teething tablets about 20 min. before eating and that seemed to help.  I am just sorry we did not think about his mouth earlier :cry: Good luck

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 02:37:33 am »
Don't know if this will help but it's worth a shot... dd lately doesn't want any food either unless it's cheerios or if she can mush her hands in the bowl and spread it all around. Only then will she allow a few spoonfuls in. (she is also teething.) Have you tried more finger foods? Dd also likes to be holding the spoon... also maybe try mixing stuff into the fromage frais? It's a bit like yoghurt isn't it? Oh one more thing. Dd will sometimes allow a bit more food if she can have sips of water in between. Though all these things make the meal a great deal longer and I don't know that you have that luxury!

Sharon :)
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline mum of 2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • South Wales, UK
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 06:29:11 am »
my LO absolutely adores petit filous so what I do at the moment is add some pureed fruit to some petit filou in a bowl and gradually decrease the amount of petit f so that she gets more used to the taste of fruit.  This may not work for everyone but ive found it useful, she still has her petit filou in the day but also has fruit a lot now aswell.  The main thing I allways do is make sure she has savoury food then a dessert of fruit or whatever after, this gets them into a routine of knowing what happens next.  hope this is of help.
mum of 2 (3 if you include my partner)

Offline Uzma Moody

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 15:21:21 pm »
Many thanks it's good to know I'm not alone and I shall try all the suggestions. I tend to think that everyone elses babies are having 3 large meals a day  with no problems. I have started to try to feed her over a longer period of time at each mealtime . I'll let you know how I get on. I normally have returned to work with my other 3 children so this stage is a new experience for me ,to be doing this feeding on my own. Thankyou again everyone. I'll let you know how the weekend goes!