Author Topic: arg can you help me with my routine?  (Read 6472 times)

Offline cambeladamom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
df
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 14:57:04 pm »
susan-thanks for replying
the df doesn't work b/c he won't suck without waking completely up and then it disturbs his sleep for the whole night.
we have tried it w/ a bottle too, but no success.
i have taken away his paci at night and naps ( a real nightmare at first, but getting better) b/c i think that might have something to do with the night wakings. he made it from 8-4:20 last night, so hopefully we will keep seeing improvement.
Maria--mom to
Cambel 5/1/05 and Ada 4/25/08

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
arg can you help me with my routine?
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 20:46:50 pm »
hey maria
just reading lindsay's reply...  i wondered too about how much extra to give bean too while ebf.  i increased my supply.  but he still carried on and whinged after i was empty.  soooo, i opened the formula sample... :(
took about a week of offering after each feed.  finally he took a couple extra ounces, just two days ago, of it after a bf, and what a different little guy!
he's pretty laid back anyway, but now, i don't have ANY wakings at night.  he goes down around 7.30-8 and is quiet till 6.45 or so!  AND, sooo much happier in the evening around catnap/bath/feed time.
i just make up 2oz if i think he hasn't had enough on the breast (by his behaviour), and he takes that.
so, i definitely think upping the intake during the day helps too.  in my case ALOT.  i haven't changed how long we bf for, just add to it.
don't know if that will help.
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Offline cambeladamom

• Showing Appreciation 0
hmmm
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 00:54:54 am »
thanks for the thought on adding formula. i know it is early, but i think i might start giving him just a small amount of cereal mixed with breast milk. i think the biggest problem with his night wakings has been his pacifier. so we have been breaking him of it at night, and the past three nights he has gone from 8-5. so i am a much happier mom!
Maria--mom to

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 21:37:02 pm »
that's great maria... :)
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Offline micah'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.xanga.com/mrskohng
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 14:22:06 pm »
hi maria,

just a thought, try feeding cereal in the morning first to see how your lo reacts to it, since he's still young. my lo is now almost 5mo and he was constipated with the cereal at first. oatmeal is much better for him now.

oh and i thought cereal would help him sleep better but it hasn't. well, he wakes now b.c of rolling one way and can't get back. if it's not one thing it's another i guess!!
selena, mom to micah 4/14/05

Offline cambeladamom

• Showing Appreciation 0
hi
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 21:55:01 pm »
hello again! i actually have started giving him a litle cereal in the morning. i don't think he is taking enough in yet to make much of a difference, but it is fun to watch him try to eat:) he is starting to learn how to swallow it. the pacifier weaning has really helped his sleep, but i think he is becoming more active now and waking himself up. like you said, if it is not one thing, its another:)
Maria--mom to