SLEEP > General Sleep Issues

Should I drop the Dreamfeed if DS is still waking at night?

<< < (2/2)

Jrolph:
Hi Deb,

DS day currently looks like this.

7:30 wake and BF
8:30 Solids usually 5tbsp cereal and 3 tbsp fruit
9:30 Nap
11:00 BF
12:00 Solids usually furit and veggies arounn 6 tbsp
2:00 Nap
3:30 BF
5:30 Solids Cereal and Veggies around 8 tbsp
7:00 Bath
7:30 BF and wind down for bed.
10-11 Dreamfeed

I feel that he is getting enough to eat during the day but he is waking up erratically overnight and he does take his full feed.  It's hard to say if he is getting enough when he does BF because he is so nosy that he wants to look around a lot.  I feed him in his room with the blinds shut but he still looks around after a bit but he is able to last 4 hours easily between feed.  Maybe he just isn't ready and I don't want to push him but I am just trying to wean him so I don't have wait until after 10:00 to go anywhere.  I think next week I might try bringing it back by 15 minutes every 3 days and see how that goes.

Deb_in_oz:
it looks pretty good to me.  the only 2 things i can say are:
my understanding is that after solids are firmly established you are supposed to offer them before milk - so he would have breakfast at 7:30 and the BF at 8:30 etc  that way they begin to take more solids between 7-9 mo and gradually take less milk...  maybe he does need more solids but is too full from the milk to eat the amount he needs.  just a thought.

also - rather than move a DF forward why not just eliminate it tonight and see what happens?  he already wakes after the Df anyway.  perhaps if you let him find his new rhythm you might find he goes from last feed to an after midnight feed and then takes a good amount and sleeps til morning.  afetr a day or 2 of this he might take more at breakfast and that knock-on effect would be that he naturally replaces (during the day) the lost night feed calories...

does that make sense???

Jrolph:
YEah that does make sense.  I have  tried to drop the dreamfeed and he just wakes for it but I might just keep trying it and hope that he sleeps longer and longer.  He has been sleeping a lot longer lately.

Thanks for your help,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version