Author Topic: Wake to Sleep - Sort of Worked?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline vbisa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 30, 2005, 08:24:35 am »
Hi,

I tried the wake to sleep method last week for my habitual 4am waker and it went really well at first:  the first night he slept to 5am and it took 30 mins to settle him, the following night he slept right through to 6:30am and the third night he slept to 7am.  I was so happy because the next night (ie, first night without the wake to sleep at 3am) he slept right through until 7am again.  Then the last 2 nights he has woken up, at 4am and then at 5am.

Should I try the wake to sleep method again?  it seems like it was working and then he just got back into his old pattern.  He is 4.5 months old and does not need to eat (he has lunch and dinner already and drinks 900 mls during the day).

Offline heather10

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Wake to Sleep - Sort of Worked?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 13:24:13 pm »
I would do as Tracy mentions in her book - do another three day stretch and if he reverts, another three days.
Baby boy - Adam Sean - born June 6, 2005

Offline rachelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 00:25:31 am »
It's really only a habitual waking if it is at almost exactly the same time every night--within minutes.  If it's varying times, it might just be a waking, and you may need to give your baby a chance to resettle.  Don't rush in at the first noice and rescue him, but wait until you know for sure he needs you.  HTH
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06

Offline Ladybird

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • UK Chick Living in Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 11:18:14 am »
My 10 month old is doing the same thing and waking at 4am. I have traceys book on order and waiting for it to arrive but need to do something now

Please can you briefly explain the wake to sleep method to me so I can start tonight? Thanks
Autumn Mae Brooke born Oct 12 2004
Evie Louise Brooke born Sept 16 2006