Author Topic: longer wake time...what happens to naps?  (Read 7455 times)

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
longer wake time...what happens to naps?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 21:53:36 pm »
Well here's what we inched towards and are pretty much on track with for today. Seems to be working better already. (ie: she'll actually go to sleep after 5 minutes of whining/babbling/tossing about)

7 wake

7:30 bottle

8 breakfast

10:30 nap until 11:30

12 lunch

2:30 bottle

3 nap until 4/4:15 (wakes on her own)

5:30 supper

7 bath and bottle

7:30 bed

She did this yesterday but all a bit earlier and we managed to get her to bed at 7:30 last night where she slept through until 7 when I woke her. It's the 3.5hrs awake 3x/day like Mimi's doing.

I'll keep you all posted over the next few days...look forward to hearing how it goes for all of you too!

Michelle... are you making the move to one nap?

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 22:09:35 pm »
Hi Sharon

Glad to see she is getting back on track - hopefully you are on your road to recovery.  :D

No, i decided not to move towards one nap - but instead see if adjusting awake times would at least give her 2-1hr naps.  Yippiee, so far...it has worked.  Yesterday we even a 2hr nap in there - shocked i was!

We have A times between 3.0 - 3.5 depending on her sleep clues AND i am waking her at 7am as i noticed she was sleeping 12hrs at night.

I will stick w/ this until the 45min nap monster comes back and will then have no choice but try again to move to 1 nap.

My gut tells me she is not ready and frankly neither am I.  :roll:

Thanks for checking on us, keep up the good work girlies :wink:

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 13:42:39 pm »
Sharon! Im so glad you had a goo day, means you getting back on track! YAY! Yesterday for us went pretty well, was hard to get her to stay awake till 7:30 PM bc she woke early yesterday morning and caused everything else to be early but we made it.

lil'monkey

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 18:58:58 pm »
Way to go Sharon!  DD's naps are out of wack again but I think it is b/c she is napping at my mom's since Monday and is not used to her putting her down for naps.  However, this morning dd wanted to nap after 3hrs so I let her.  As I try to keep roughly the same bedtime, I will probably have her stay awake for 4hrs tonight.  I've noticed that on days where dd takes a 2hr naps, I have to add an extra 15-20 min to the awake time.  Anyone having to do the same?

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 22:01:31 pm »
On this new schedule dd seems to only want to nap 1 hour then 1hour and 15. But she's doing 11 1/2 overnight so...I think that's okay. She is happy when waking so that's the main thing. (though she's been hard to get down to sleep again so that's cutting into things a bit...) oops. like right now. gotta run!  :lol:

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2005, 03:18:41 am »
Hi ladies, thought I'd drop in!

Looks like you are doing well.  You will know if everything is on the right track, by following your child's behaviour. If he/she is happy and contented throughout the day, and the nights are good.. then looks like everything is working out.  If not, then observe and then problem solve.

Hope your're having a good weekend!
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004