Author Topic: GET ME OUT OF THE ROOM!!!`  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Halle'smama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
GET ME OUT OF THE ROOM!!!`
« on: July 31, 2005, 02:20:27 am »
HI,

My 17 month old seems to be on a good routine.  However....to get her to sleep is a whole other issue....she always has a bottle before she sleeps so sometimes she falls asleep with her bottle and then I put her in her crib.  When she does not fall asleep with her bottle I rock her for a few minutes and then put her in her crib awake and I go to the far end of her room by the door and I wait for her to fall asleep.  She usually peeks up to make sure I am still there and then she generally falls asleep anywhere from 10-20 minutes (sometimes longer) then I sneak out of the room.

If I try to leave the room while she is still semi awake and she hears me leave she cries and I immediately go back in and wait until she is fully asleep before I leave again.

I have read both of the baby whisperer books and I still have questions about the entire process.

I know that I have to now leave the room while she is awake in order for her to fall asleep entirely on her own but my question is what exactly do I do once I put her in her crib and leave the room and she starts to cry. 

1.  how long do I wait before I go back in?
2.  where do I stand in relation to her crib?
3.  when do I leave again etc.......

I need the step by step instructions before I make this commitment so that I can change this habit.....

please help.....

Halle's mom