Author Topic: Big Boy bed...  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Big Boy bed...
« on: August 08, 2005, 22:07:46 pm »
We have decided, after problems getting the 2nd cot for Liam, that we would move Aiden to a bed... he sleeps naps in a stretcher at childcare 1day a week & does great & we've had 3 naps on a mattress on the floor... he doesn't leave the room before the nap, but they are about an hour long as opposed to 1.5 + he was doing before, but night sleeps seems to be sort of compensating.
Anyway we thought on the weekend we would start night sleeps on the mattress. He is great going to bed... put in cot, say night nights & go out (after bed time routine of course) So we plan to keep all that the same. But he sometimes wakes up (calls out) but stays lying down, so I think that will be ok.
Our problem is about 50% of the time he wakes up about  1/2  to one hour early & is standing up, we can go in & give him a dummy & tell him it is still nighty night time & he wil lie down & wait until one of us gets him or may go back to sleep... but I'm interested in advice on how to deal with this... I don't want to put a gate/lock on his door & he can open it. Has anyone had any success with one of those kids clocks so they know it is time to get up... I think even though he only turned 2 last week he would be able to grasp the concept most of the time.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Big Boy bed...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 17:56:46 pm »
i've never tried the clock, but i remember reading somewhere about a mom who put a lamp/light on a timer and she taught her lo that when the light goes on, it's time to get up; until then he should just play quietly or stay in bed or whatever.

in our house we just have the mattress on the floor.  if jaina feels she's had enough sleep she can get out & play until we come & get her.

HTH
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy