EAT > Breast Feeding

when to go to 3 breastfeeds

(1/2) > >>

LindseysMom:
Just curious, at what age did you go to 3 breastfeeds a day and when did/do you offer?  Lindsey still gets 4 but just starting to think about maybe going to 3 but not sure yet.

annamum:
Hmmm, we never went to 3 breastfeeds per day. Anna decreased her nursings at around 12 months and was able to go 6-7 hours without it. She also increased her solids intake at that time and had a growth spurt that lasted 2 months  :shock: . She was able to eat solids 10 times a day in quantities that amazed me.
Now, she practically demand nurses as she can ask for it and I don't offer. On busy days she gets to nurse maybe 3 times, on boring days, that we stay at home, she gets milk up to 5 times.

Katet:
Aiden went to 3 feeds at about 9months as it was about then that he had 3 meals & 2 snacks so I offered feeds after meals, except breakfast, which he got bf at about 6am & breakfast later as that fitted my work times.

jaxnp:
I think we stayed on four until he weaned as well.

deenz:
We dropped to four at 10m - I had been meaning to at 9m, but dd wasn't really eating much at that time.  I dropped the mid-afternoon one, so that left one bf after each main meal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version