Author Topic: Back to 2 naps  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Back to 2 naps
« on: August 02, 2005, 02:34:22 am »
Khyan has been taking 1 nap for about 2 months now and then all of a sudden the last 2 weeks he can no longer make the morning without a nap and by 9.30am is crying, rubbing eyes, bashing his head  :shock: , whinging, falling over etc... He will easily go down to sleep at this time and sleep for 45 - 90 minutes, and will wake really happy!

Then at around 4pm it all starts again and this time will go down to sleep for about 30-45mins and wake grumpy and stay mostly that way till he goes to bed at 6.30/7pm.

He then wakes somewhere between 5 - 6.30am. This morning it was 5.15am and then he whinged and moaned for 5 mins till he fell asleep again and then woke for the day at 6.10am - I left him talking to himself until he started the shouting  :roll: at around 6.30am and we both got up.

I know that most days he is still tired when he wakes in the morning however no almost of trying will get him back to sleep after 6am the only thing that would probably work would be a bottle but I'm too scared to try that.

I would say that maybe I should do PU/PD but he doesn't stand up instead he lies down or sits up and cries - almost like he doesn't have the energy to stand. I keep thinking that if he woke later that he will go that little bit further and then he would only have 1 nap and be tired enough to got to bed at 7/7.30pm and fingers crossed sleep abit longer in the morning.

Saying all this he has been unwell for about 2 mths with all different illnesses one after the other. Do you think this could be contributing to the 2nd nap that he seems to need?

I know this is scattered but I'm trying to type quickly before he wakes up from nap #1.

TIA
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Back to 2 naps
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 03:02:50 am »
I was wondering if he is unwell.  I always say it's better to be safe and have a check up with the doctor.

I think I pm you information on early rising, but it's still sitting in my outbox. I'll send it to you again, hopefully it will go out. If not, could you let me know.

Thanks,
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004