Author Topic: what is seperate anxiety like?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
what is seperate anxiety like?
« on: September 25, 2005, 18:49:46 pm »

DS is 8 month old today :). he has been such an angel for the past few months when he goes to nap/sleep. not even needed to do any wind-down and went to sleep without a beep.

but the past few days it's been nightmare. he would not go down without a fight and cry. this morning even refuse to nap.

just wondering if this is developmental or seperate anxiety? DS is trying to walk around furniture.

i don't want to create bad habit. what to do if DS is having SA? will this past?
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 23:46:31 pm »
When we ran into unexpected problems like this, it was usually down to two things for us - 1. teething or 2. coming down with cold - both of which started to cause problems like you mentioned.

I found when Mads did hit on a separation anxiety phase, it was pretty easy to spot because she wanted constant attention and company from me during the day and sometimes it would be the end of the world if I couldn't pick her up then and there - as well as being clingy at night.

Dee
x

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 00:08:56 am »
he is not much different during the day, doesn't seem to be in discomfort. just that i think he is very excited to try standing with no hand  :P

Sam has never been a clingy baby, esp. now he is mobile and crawling everywhere. he doesn't even want me to hold him more than few minutes.. always on the go  :evil:

may be he is just over-excited about his new learnt skill  .......  :roll:
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby