EAT > Eating For Toddlers

First birthday cake?

(1/2) > >>

isaac'smom:
Hi everyone,

What did you give your lo's for their first birthday cake? Store bought, homemade?  I'm wondering if it's okay to give ds a traditional cake with eggs, sugar etc. There are no egg allergies in the family. I can't believe the time has come to plan for his first birthday!  :(  :shock:  :)

Thanks a lot!

Karen

{{{Angela}}}:
We had an ice cream cake and I made a banana cake with cream cheese frosting for ds to 'destroy'.  He didn't really eat much of it though, just squished the frosting around in his hands.  :D

I know it's hard to believe when your lo turns ONE!  Where did all the time go? :)

lilybell:
one of the businesses my husband oversees is a bakery, so i had them make carrot cake cupcakes

isaac'smom:
Thanks for the replies ladies! I found a good cream cheese icing and carrot cake recipe on wholesomebabyfood.com, which is a great site.

I love the cupcakes! Was that what everyone ate or did you have a separate cake for the grownups? What a cute idea! Thanks for taking the time to attach the picture.

Thanks again
 :D

Angel Face:
I didn't even think of the egg allergy thing.  :shock:  I am glad she wasn't allergic to it... My MIL made a cake with a doll and the cake was the dress, so since I didn't make the cake I didn't even think of the eggs... She ate it and got it all over as tradition would have it...  :wink:
I am glad you found a recipe!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version