Author Topic: How much and when?  (Read 8178 times)

Offline Aranel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 01, 2005, 18:58:10 pm »
I have a 7.5 month old daughter, and I find the combination of solid feeding and formula feeding so confusing! Anyone else with me on this?

I was giving two meals plus bottles for awhile and just started the third meal. I feel like her last three meals (bottle-dinner-bottle) (see below) are so close together. Does anyone have any suggestions for me in terms of amount of food and times to feed? I don't know why I feel this way, but I feel like I am plowing this child with food. I just look at the food and wonder how it can all fit in her little tummy! Other times I worry I'm not feeding her enough!

This is our "schedule"

Breakfast (btwn 7:30-8:00): 3 T oatmeal mixed with formula and 2 T fruit (8 oz bottle - takes anywhere from 5-8 oz.)

Lunch (12:00): 2T veggie & 2T fruit (8 oz bottle - takes anywhere from 5-8 oz.)

4:00: 8 oz bottle - takes anywhere from 5-8 oz.)

Dinner (6:00): 3T rice cereal & 2T veggie

Bedtime (btwn 7-8): (8 oz bottle - takes anywhere from 5-8 oz.)

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
How much and when?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 01:46:25 am »
Your schedule closely resembles ours.  Except after the 4:00 bottle, I feed her solids at 5, then her last bottle at 7:30, and bed between 8-8:30.  She doesn't eat as much yet, because she's younger than your lo, but IMHO your doing well.  It's what I'll continue to do, unless we hear different, right?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007