Author Topic: Desperate sleep help!!!  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: August 02, 2005, 14:17:45 pm »
Hope you can help cause I am beginning to fall myself... My DD is 9 weeks old and she is on a  4 hour easy routine botllefeeding (5 oz.). I canīt make her to sleep more than 30 minutes or 45 for naps. Here is the issue: She goes to sleep at 8:30 after bath and feeding, with the pacifier she manages to sleep by herself sometimes. At 11 I do dreamfeed (4 oz.), she wakes up always at 3:30, and if I feed her she will only have half an ounce and then she drops to sleep, but at 4:00 a.m. she wakes up crying again, I pick her and do pat shhh, then back again for 30 minutes more and so on until 6 a.m. I feed her at 7 and sleep from 8:00 to 9:00 and then impossible to make her sleep again. Then at 11 she sleeps at 12:00 sleeps 30 min. and thats it...and same at 4:oo pm if she ever sleeps. Iīve tried using the pacifier at 3:00 am and refuses it. She does not have reflux, but i give her Azantac 3 times a day and Enfamil AR ans Mylicon. I do not know what else to do cause she seems tired all the time. Please help cause I am planning to do the cio thing as last resource... Help... can I do the Pu/pd... I dont know what else...!!!

Offline theycallmemom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 18:14:58 pm »
Hi
my ds is also 9 weeks and most nights he still wakes up at 3 or 3:30 for a feeding.  Sounds like she's waking from hunger and not getting enough food to keep her through the night.  I would do whatever it takes to fill her tummy in the middle of the night, even if you have to change her, that might keep her asleep then until 6 or 7.  At which time you would feed her again and put her right back to bed.  Sounds like your problems are from her being overtired.  My ds ate at 3:30 am today, then slept until 6:30, ate again and went right back to bed until 9:45.  He then ate and was back in bed by 10:30 am.  Remember they can't handle alot of awake time at this age.
Good luck!
Darci

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Desperate sleep help!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 19:01:41 pm »
Hi Daniela!

I'm thinking that the 4 hour EASY might be the issue here. You sound a lot like us ufortunately I didn't notice that Manolo needed a 3 hour schedule until he was 5 months and was actually on a 4 hour schedule and handling well.

Why don't you try a 3 hour EASY for a week? maybe that would solve both: feeding and overtiring issues?

Also MExico City is a loud city and if your baby is a touchy one, she might be having trouble with lights /noises to get in to a deep sleep.

You're saying that she's in AZantac 3x a day even if she does not have reflux. I beleive it's a little too much (Manolo was in Azantac 2x a day for a strong reflux issue) When he was that young we combined Cisapride (Unamol) for the reflux. My ped also recomended NAN SOYA because it is softer on the stomach. Maybe call your ped again?

At 2 months, colic and gas are major busters so a tummy masagge to get all gas out after she eats is both helpful: for gas and to wake a sleepy baby. You were saying that at her 330 wake she only has 1 oz so I beleive she's not waking from hunger but for gas/colic. Might be worth to give that a try also.

I can't think of anything else now, but if pat/sh is not working maybe she's in pain. Is she straining? formula can make her strain so you could offer her a few sips of water for her night waking.

I'll think of more but I hope some of the inputs are helpful. Hang in there! and don't forget to rest and get help from relatives! you need to be rested in order to have a succesful sleep training!

Hugs!!!!!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 00:18:55 am »
I am in the same boat as you. She was doing really well and over the last two days is waking 30-40 minutes into a nap and then I stretch her out to 3 hours and she only takes about 60-100mls. Previous to this she was taking 150mls and sleeping well.

We are on EASY 3 hour and I was wondering if we needed to change to a 4 hour routine - my daughter is 9 weeks.

I am actually taking her to the doctor today to see if anything is wrong with her. She has reflux so i am not sure if this is the problem.