Author Topic: Think I have been the problem with night waking!  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Think I have been the problem with night waking!
« on: August 03, 2005, 10:46:57 am »
We hadn't had a good spell with Aiden for a while teething his eye teeth/colds etc & won't take pain meds, & as it all started when I was preg, I did the quick fix, well once the teeth were through things settled down he got a cold & ear infection & 3 nights of every 1.5hours... I was a wreck, once the antibiotics kicked in he was better but still the 1-3 wakings, so I was still a wreck.
Anyway dh never woke unless Aiden was really upset, so we had a chat about it...decided I should not get up to Aiden & dh would if he woke up or if I thought Aiden was getting too distressed then I would wake dh to go to him. So I started counting when Aiden woke (to give me something to focus on) something I used to do before & forgot about

& hey since we started this we have only had to get up to him at 6.10am & 6.15am. (get up time 7am) sure I have been woken twice each night, but Aiden has resettled himself in about 3 mins...

OK I admit I was getting up & into him faster than superman, because I knew giving him a dummy meant he was off to sleep straight away & I got sleep & half the time I had been up feeding Liam anyway.

Just thought I'd share the reminder about how waiting to see if they settle does work if they have been able to settle in the past!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline woopster

• Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 14:55:17 pm »
Kate, you gave me the same tip when Harry was waking at night and I was rushing into him.  Worked like a dream, still does sometimes... :roll:
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 05:54:17 am »
Amazing how pregancy makes you forget things, but also I think it started happening when Aiden went from crying to calling out "Mummy" & as it was about the same time as I was teaching him to say "Mummy please" when he wanted me... when I heard "Mummy pease, mumy pease" I think I felt compeled to go in as I felt the need to reward his use of manners & then it go to be a (bad) habit for me to rush in too fast.
Mind you after a few days he is not settling when he wakes up, so we are thinking about moving him to a bed... we sort of need the cot anyway as Liam is in the travel cot at night & on an ordinary bed protected by pillows as he grew out of the bassinette & we would need to buy a new mattress for the cot we were going to borrow & it isn't worth the expense for a few months
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05