Author Topic: Need help reading cues??  (Read 2160 times)

Offline mommynow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 03, 2005, 13:34:30 pm »
For the past couple days we have been trying to catch the window of when to put DD down.  She would start fussing and we thought that was too late because when we put her down she was fighting it and inbetween my reassuring she cried/screamed for 5-10 minutes.

So today after she yawned a couple times I put her down.  She laid there and cooed, screeched, kicking her legs, smiling for 30 minutes! and every once in a while she would start to fuss.  I would go reassure her and she would lay awake again for a while.  Eventually she started to fuss and cry for a bit like she was doing the days before.  Then she finally went to sleep.  So instead of being in the room for 10 minutes, I was in there for 40 minutes!

When she starts to yawn is that when I should wind down...swaddle, rock, sing until she is more tired?

I need advice.
Abigail born May 26, 2005

Offline Jacalber

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 14:39:21 pm »
I put my little guy down at the first yawn.. when i do It is about a 10 minute routine... swaddle, rock to music and then to bed.   If I wait I have a 40 mintue routine like you discribe.. it is almost as if he decides oh well heck with the nap, I want to play.   I can almost set a clock buy him too.. 1.5 hours and we are ready to go back to bed. 

I do notice sometimes that he fusses more when I am rocking him and that if I just lie him down he stops fighting it as much...