Author Topic: I dont cook!  (Read 1356 times)

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
I dont cook!
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:04:17 pm »
Ok ok! time to break down and admit that Im not a good cook and nor do I eat well. My husband and I eat most of our meals out of a box, hardly any veggies. I dont want my ds growing up that way. But I just stand in the grocery store with no idea on what to make her for lunch. She eats stage 3 food well but who wants baby food all the time. She does pancakes and eggs for breakfast. And she will eat a hot dog or two for lunch during the week but I know she needs more. Another thing is she is in bed by time my husband and I sit down for dinner so its hard to give her what lil veggies or meat I have off my plate. So she usually just gets stage 3 and some Gerber fruit puffs. What Im looking for is mainly some great lunch ideas that someone who isnt a pro in the kitchen with limited cooking knowledge can pull off, any suggestions? Thanks! Oh btw my Morgan is 9 months.

Offline tcrjfisher

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 16:24:37 pm »
Try fresh fruits and veggies!  They are a breeze, just cut them into pieces and they are a great finger food.  My DS is a year now, but at 9 months was eating bananas, avacados, melon, cooked carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes, etc.  Just put anything that is too hard when raw into a bowl with a little water and microwave minute by minute until it's really soft when you test with a fork.  Canned veggies like soft beans and peas are good at that age, too, and are actually softer than fresh or frozen.  Just look a while and you can find the "no salt added" versions.  As your little one gets older and gets better at chewing, you can add tons of stuff. Consistency and as-natural-as-possible are the key things to keep an eye out for. When you get home, just test it to see if you can mash it with the roof of your mouth, and it should be fine. Hope this helps, have fun and good luck!

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
I dont cook!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 20:33:21 pm »
Thanks you SO much! Ill run and grab her some fruit to start. Ill keep ya posted.

Offline Ladybird

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • UK Chick Living in Canada
I dont cook!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 23:08:07 pm »
We are a bit the same, we dont eat much veggies, and like stuff like curry and chilli etc. but we got a book called 'the complete baby and toddler meal planner' by Annabel Karmel and its great

Loads of recipe and food ideas for each stage of your babies life through to toddler and you can make a batch and freeze them in ice cube trays and will do 6 times. Its great because it helps you to know what they can and shouldnt eat at their age and gives recipes like veggies, chicken, meat, fish dishes etc

We got our copy on ebay for a fraction of the usual price, worth checking out
Autumn Mae Brooke born Oct 12 2004
Evie Louise Brooke born Sept 16 2006