Author Topic: Question about extending naps  (Read 2025 times)

Offline megbrunskill

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 02, 2005, 15:02:56 pm »
My 7 week old DD (on 3 hr easy) has started having 45 minute naps. I have decided to try to extend them. Sometimes she is able to get herself through her 45 minute jolt - not very often though. I am not sure when to intervene to help her extend her nap. According to the no-cry sleep solution I should intervene at her first sound...if I do that will I affect her ability to learn how to transition on her own?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Megen and Selah

Offline masha35

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 18:15:51 pm »
I have the same problem. My 8 week old used to sleet 1.5-2 hours. Now he wakes up after 45 min. still tired and cranky.
Please help!

Offline megbrunskill

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 18:10:45 pm »
What have you been doing to help your little one sleep? Mine used to sleep 1.5-2 hours and then at 6 weeks started this 45 minute thing. I can sometimes extend her nap but usually not. I try to keep her in her room for the full nap time. But she is really cranky these days because of not enough sleep. She is really happy until she gets up from her second nap and then she is a little demanding. But as the day goes on it gets to the point that I can't put her down she wants to be held all the time.
Just wondering what you have been trying because I am not sure what I am doing really works.
Lots of people on here say to relax and go with the flow but it is really hard with a cranky baby.
Megen and Selah

Offline mommynow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 14:06:21 pm »
I thought I read that it is okay to go in and reassure right now because you are guiding them through learning how to go back to sleep.  They are still young and need to be guided how to go to sleep.  That is what I read anyway.
Abigail born May 26, 2005