Author Topic: Problems Sleeping On Back  (Read 1772 times)

2grlz

Problems Sleeping On Back
« on: August 04, 2005, 13:51:22 pm »
Hi,

My 7 month old daughter is happiest girl but not the best sleeper.  What I am finding is that she can't fall asleep while on her back and needs to roll over to her side (which she can do but doesn't always choose this or fights me when I try to roll her onto her side).  She sometimes can fall asleep on her side and roll on to her back and stay asleep but a lot of the time she'll wake herself up and then not be able to get back to sleep.

She looks like a turtle that has flipped over.  Her arms and legs start moving franticly and she can't settle down.  She is no longer being swaddled as she screams bloody murder and can get herself out it about two seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, any solutions.

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Problems Sleeping On Back
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 17:04:46 pm »
Hi there,

DD also used to sleep better when she wasn't on her back - which isn't recommended in the UK because of SIDS, however we found out pretty soon that it had alot to do with having reflux that she didn't like to lay on her back - so we elevated the cot at the head end and she was much happier and settled.

Is DD showing any signs of reflux? (there is a list of reflux symptoms on the reflux board)

Dee
x