Author Topic: Could this be developmental???  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: August 03, 2005, 19:28:02 pm »
I feel like we are back a square one~ and am SOOO frusterated.   :?   My DD (4 1/2 months) was doing great, sleeping 6 hours at night and having a beautiful 2 hour uninterrupted nap in the mornings.  I was starting to concentrate on the afternoon nap but now everything has changed.  She wakes every 3-4 hours at night hungry and last night woke every hour to hour and a half!  She is wiggling alot in her crib when I s/p her and aches her back on her side.
She is getting very close to mastering rolling over.  Is this change in her sleep due to developmental changes?  I am so tired and frusterated.  We were just getting somewhere and now I feel like all that work was for nothing.  It is like having a boss that keeps changing the rules!
Any advice?????
Jacki
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 14:17:23 pm »
Last night she was flipping all over the crib, so I am certain that we are doing roll over practice whenever we wake up! :lol:
Does anyone know how long this will interrupt her sleeping?  Just curious.
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline rachelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
Could this be developmental???
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 14:25:34 pm »
sorry for the delay in answering.  Definitely sounds developmental.  If you are consistent and don't create any bad habits, it should just last a few days to a week or so.

do you swaddle?  Right when my dd started to roll over, her nites got bad again.  One nite I brought her to bed with me, and she was just pushing and squirming against me.  So my dh swaddled her REALLY tightly., and she went right back to sleep.  You might try that.

HTH
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 17:20:08 pm »
I was swaddling every night but last night she wiggled so much that she broke out of the blanket.  I didn't swaddle her for the rest of the night and she seemed happier!  I am not going to swaddle tonight and see if there is a difference.  I am afraid that she gets cold once she wiggles out because she is so hot natured I can't swaddle her with clothes.  Anyway, hopefully this will work.  She is definately doing well with putting herself to sleep, which makes me very proud :D
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05