Author Topic: From Spirited to Angel and back to spirited!  (Read 1647 times)

Offline ligato

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
From Spirited to Angel and back to spirited!
« on: August 04, 2005, 14:20:14 pm »
Help!

I started the PU/PD routine with my daughter at about 3 weeks old.  She has been the angel baby ever since and slept through (11 hours or so) since about 3 months. 

This has come to a screaming halt all of a sudden.  She is 10 months old today.  It doesn't seem to be teething.  She has 3 teeth but in cutting each of them we have had one bad night and back to routine.  I am finding now that she is waking frequently, wanting to be held and gets quite hysterical as soon as I put her down.  She can do the up/down up/down forever.

I have noticed that she gets out of her swaddling and I know that she still needs it to settle herself but then wants her hands out too.  I have tryed wrapping one arm but always end up going back to wrapping.  Mistake?

I would really appreciate any tips.  I have just gone back through my books and there isnt a section just for me!

Thanks girls
Janine

Offline rachelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 14:21:13 pm »
sounds like it's probably separation anxiety, maybe with some developmental stuff thrown in.  The most important thing is to be very consistent and not start any bad habits/accidental parenting during this time.

As far as swaddling, I"m not sure...I swaddled my dd till about 7 months.  Have you tried introducing the blanket as a lovey rather than as a swaddle?  Does that make sense?
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06

Offline ligato

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 00:30:57 am »
Hi there... thanks so much for your reply.

I thought she needed something to hold too.  It's funny, but in her stroller, it works to give her a wrap or something to hold and she will go off to sleep.  Even if we arent moving like out for dinner or something.  Not in her cot though.

Easier said than done not to introduce any bad habits now.... it's very hard to stay up all night doing PU/PD when you know you have to go to work soon.  I have been guilty of bringing her to bed but only for an hour or so and then I put her back.

The more I type, the more I realise I am being my own worst enemy!  Hmm...

I do think it's time to lose the swaddling though.  I noticed last night that her main problem seems to be resettling without it.  (she can get out of it now and does so in her sleep).

I have just put her down with one arm out... I can hear her playing though... fingers crossed.

xoxo
Janine